PDA

View Full Version : Problems in Luton

68th
29-07-2006, 01:20
Ok, it seems I have one problem after another with NTL. I use the net mostly for online gaming but my connection keeps going. The upload is always first to go because I can still hear people on teamspeak and still see people running around in-game shooting each other but I cant do anything. As some of you will know, if you donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t send out a response to the server youââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re on then youââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll get disconnected and for me, that means I get kicked out of games for an hour because the anti cheat software (punkbuster) thinks Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢m hacking because it doesnââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t receive any response from my computer. I have an NTL 250 and have a 6db thingy on the back of it, which makes no difference at all. If I leave my modem alone, it re-connects by itself about 5-10 minutes later. Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ve had 4 engineers out in the last few months so I wanted to see if anyone here can help me before I call them again. Thanks.

Spike_UK
21-08-2006, 10:20
I'm in Hemel and I get the exact same thing. It's at random but seems to happy mostly during Peak times. The modem lights stay on but I lose all network traffic.

I either just have to wait for it to clear or I forced a Modem restart myself.

It's not hardware related as I've had 3 Engineers out over the last few months who have tested my line and replaced my ntl:home200 with the newer ntl:home250. None of this has made any difference.

I to have been given a 6db widget to use, but this also makes no difference.

I'm at the end of my patience with it to be honest.

moogles
24-08-2006, 09:40
im getting this same problem since yesterday. my internet went off for the first time and my modem was just flashing the d/s light. i left it off for 4 hours then when i turned it back on it was great. I did a speedtest too and I was gettin 3.93Mbits/s Dl and 385Kbits/s Ul speed. Then later at night I was playing with my friends in a online game and I was talking to them and they couldnt hear me at times. I was checking my Ventrilo ping to the server and it was like 15584 ms. Unusually high. I redone a speedtest and I got the same download speed, but then the upload was real low like at 12kbits/s or sometimes it couldnt be performed. I thought I was being DDoSed so i closed all ports and put a firewall on. I rebooted my router and my modem but still slow speeds. I tried speedtests on other pcs and i kept getting the same thing. :(