PDA

View Full Version : Phone Line Dead - HELP!

chrisjones
28-07-2006, 10:22
Hi - my phone line has been down since last night, not sure when it went dead we were all out of the house at the time. Our 2mb BB line is still active, its just the phone thats dead.:td:

Im sure some of you are aware of the HUGE list of prior problems ive had with NTL (Direct Debit details changing, unauthersied packages being added, various over charges blahh blahhhh).

Spoke to a rather padantic CS op and team leader who started off the call by saying 'Good Aftermorning', didnt bother looking at my notes so had no idea what the issue was, nor had any idea of our previous problems! :confused:

I was then told 'Sorry you have to wait to 'maybe' next Tuesday for someone to come out to look at the fault'.:mad:

Is there anyway anyone can work thier magic and try and sort this out? I know its a long shot, but WOW is it ever getting stupid now.

MovedGoalPosts
28-07-2006, 10:26
Maybe next Tuesday - they have or they have not booked an engineer's appointment? These things can be general area faults that the engineers will fix automatically, or it can be a specific fault to you.

Presumably you've done the usual tests of trying different phones in the master phone socket, with nothing else connected?

chrisjones
28-07-2006, 10:45
Indeed the word 'maybe' was used several times - I pushed for a firm answer and was told 'Monday or Tuesday, someone will HOPEFULLY call you back by 8pm tonight.' I unplugged all the phones in the house etc... No faxes or anything similar.

He went on to explain that the only way he could get an engineer out to me before then would be to upset another customer by cancelling - Like I needed telling that!

Good grief!

chrisjones
28-07-2006, 14:36
Can anyone look into my acc to check all is ok?? Who is best to PM the details to for Phone stuff??

MovedGoalPosts
28-07-2006, 14:40
I fail to understand why he could not make an appointment for an engineer, if indeed he did anything about your call at all. Can you give ntl faults another call and get through to someone with a bit of get up and go?