PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phone - Ending a Contract CPW

ZrByte
27-07-2006, 10:24
Wasnt sure if it should be under science and technology since it concerns a mobile but since its more about the billing side I think im in the right place.
Basicly my contract will reach its 12 month point sometime in the next few weeks and I have decided to switch back to pay as you go. What I would like to know is, is it possible to keep my current phone number? And if so, how do I go about this?
Im with Carphone warehouse at the moment on O2.

DocDutch
27-07-2006, 10:44
Give CPW a call saying that you want to cancel your contract and move over to PAYG. you should be able to keep your existing number if you move over to say O2 payg.

edit: you need to give a months notice that you want to cancel tho otherwise your contract might just get extended anyway

bopdude
27-07-2006, 11:33
Im with Carphone warehouse at the moment on O2.

Deffo can with O2, I was thinking of going the same way, lady on the phone said that they (O2) could change my number over to payg.

HTH

Graham M
27-07-2006, 11:51
Give CPW a call saying that you want to cancel your contract and move over to PAYG. you should be able to keep your existing number if you move over to say O2 payg.

edit: you need to give a months notice that you want to cancel tho otherwise your contract might just get extended anyway

They can't "extend" the contract, once the 12 or 18 months is up you have a right to cancel at any time after that.

Shaun
27-07-2006, 12:23
If you want to move providers you need a PAC number. I know EasyMobile accept them to move numbers over but you'd need to check with your chosen provider (unless of course you're sticking with O2) :D

Oh and I nearly fogot - if you are moving from O2 to another company then get a PAC, give it to the new provider and there is no need to give notice the new provider does it for you. You'll be switched over in about a week. :)

ZrByte
27-07-2006, 12:43
Great, exactly what I wanted to hear. I can cancel anytime from august the 13th so I will probably be doing it then. After a months notice It means I should have extra money coming in just in time for my girlfriends birthday wich will be very handy.
Just to clarify though, do I simply cancel my contract with Carphonewarehouse then phone O2 to make the change or can Carphonewarehouse do the lot from thier end?

DocDutch
27-07-2006, 12:45
cpw can do the change from their end. I've changed from PAYG to contract and still have my old sim and number and thats now 4 years old.

King Of Fools
27-07-2006, 12:59
They can't "extend" the contract, once the 12 or 18 months is up you have a right to cancel at any time after that.
You still have to give a months notice, however.

Graham M
27-07-2006, 13:14
true.

ZrByte
07-09-2006, 13:36
Well im planning to end the contract today, only problem seems to be that I cant find the number I need to phone, have looked about online but its not really clear wich number is for cancelations (Probably intentional). Can anyone help?

iain_herts
07-09-2006, 13:48
when i cancled mine i just called the customer care line and there is a option in there i think

cuggle
07-09-2006, 13:58
what network are you with? my network wouldnt accept cancellation over the phone, i had to give 30 days notice in writing.

ZrByte
07-09-2006, 14:01
what network are you with? my network wouldnt accept cancellation over the phone, i had to give 30 days notice in writing.

Im with o2 through carphone warehouse, still have to give 30days notice with them but as far as I know its only a phonecall required.

cuggle
07-09-2006, 14:27
:doh: i should have read the title of this thread, it says you`re with CPW, anyway hope it`s easy to sort out mate.

smicer07
07-09-2006, 15:20
Does anyone know how to cancel a T Mobile contract please? I know I have to send a letter stating the fact I want to cancel to a certain address, but does anyone know that address? Many thanks. :)

ZrByte
07-09-2006, 15:36
when i cancled mine i just called the customer care line and there is a option in there i think

Hmm, just tried that and there doesnt seem to be an option for cancelations.

iain_herts
07-09-2006, 15:58
just ask to cancle then they will either do it or pass it on to some1 who can