PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Sky's Brian Sullivan

Gareth
26-07-2006, 13:12
Interesting article over at hdtvuk.tv where they've interviewed Sky's brian Sullivan...

http://www.hdtvuk.tv/2006/07/skys_brian_sull.html

He dodged some of the interesting questions (he should be a politician :D) but at least he did confirm about a wireless Sky+ box, and no HD via broadband, etc...

Shaun
27-07-2006, 16:12
The wireless Sky+ sounds like another Killer app.

I like the idea of putting it in the cupboard and accessing it from all over the house! :D

Neil
27-07-2006, 18:27
The wireless Sky+ sounds like another Killer app.

I like the idea of putting it in the cupboard and accessing it from all over the house! :D

Yet another innovation by Sky that will leave ntl even further behind in the DTV stakes!

Still-they may get round to releasing their version a few years after Sky release theirs! :p:

Derek
27-07-2006, 18:33
Will this be done wired or wirelessly?
Obviously wireless is what we are aiming for (snip) I think we will be able to offer wireless delivery of standard definition programmes from the Sky box to another set from day one. This is however the first step and we have plans to offer wireless delivery of multiple programmes from a Sky+ box in the future.
----
Will you be able to stream HD wirelessly?
Multiple streaming of HD channels is still some way off. We are considering a wired solution for HD, but maybe we’ll have wireless one day.

So basically the wireless part is coming soon?

Not too far away from what we hear from Ntl then.

Neil
27-07-2006, 19:03
So basically the wireless part is coming soon?

Not too far away from what we hear from Ntl then.

Read that again m8....

I think we will be able to offer wireless delivery of standard definition programmes from the Sky box to another set from day one.

It's the wireless streaming for HD that was put on the back burner a little (not surprisingly)

Multiple streaming of HD channels is still some way off. We are considering a wired solution for HD, but maybe we’ll have wireless one day.

So wireless Sky is coming v soon, but wireless HD is not.

Now-where's is that ntl PVR & HD service to rival Sky's.....? ;)

arcamalpha2004
27-07-2006, 21:34
Yet another innovation by Sky that will leave ntl even further behind in the DTV stakes!

Still-they may get round to releasing their version a few years after Sky release theirs! :p:

Come on ;) I cant even get vod here! even though I get regular mailshots from their sutton coldfield base asking me to go back to ntl for the telephone and tv package, where is the point in offering something you cant access? yet! :)