PDA

View Full Version : Disconnected Phone line

mills04
25-07-2006, 22:30
Wonder if anyone has any idea's here. I am due to move on Friday 28th and gave my month's notice to NTL beginning of last week (as there is no cable services in my new area).

I woke up this morning to find no dial tone on my phone so rang NTL and have been told that my phone's been disconnected (3 days early?!!?) and the number has been returned to BT (was previously a BT number before we ordered NTL).

I was put on hold and then got a call back saying I would get the phone line up and running within a few hours. (This was at about 1pm). Wasn't on at 5pm so I rang again and was told it should be done by the end of today and sometimes a batch goes through at 6pm.

Yet, still no dial tone and if I ring my number from a mobile, just get told by my phone that it no longer exists and disconnects me.

Any chance I will get my phone back before Friday??. And does anybody know the best way to write a letter of complaint (who to address it to, postal address etc) as I'm really angry that even a simple think like disconnections has been cocked up.

Thank god I'm leaving NTL. Grrrrrrr.

Thanks for any replies.