PDA

View Full Version : Swindon - Lost Broadband

mikejones_uk
24-07-2006, 17:37
I live in the SN1 area of Swindon, and have experienced a total broadband outage since last Saturday (22nd July).
It occurred after a period of heavy thunder & torrential rain.
The service has just this second recovered - which is good news.
I phoned the broadband helpline on Sunday morning, and they diagnosed a weak signal as a possible cause. They also booked an engineer for this forthcoming Thursday.
Did anyone else in Swindon generally, or maybe even SN1 experience similar outages, and if so have you recovered?
I have an old Motorola SB4100 modem.
Although the service has recovered, does anyone think it might be worth keeping the engineer visit open, just so he can check my connection out?
I would hate to think this recovery is only of a temporary nature :D
Any advice would be most appreciated...

mrm1
24-07-2006, 19:40
I live in the SN1 area of Swindon, and have experienced a total broadband outage since last Saturday (22nd July).
It occurred after a period of heavy thunder & torrential rain.
The service has just this second recovered - which is good news.
I phoned the broadband helpline on Sunday morning, and they diagnosed a weak signal as a possible cause. They also booked an engineer for this forthcoming Thursday.
Did anyone else in Swindon generally, or maybe even SN1 experience similar outages, and if so have you recovered?
I have an old Motorola SB4100 modem.
Although the service has recovered, does anyone think it might be worth keeping the engineer visit open, just so he can check my connection out?
I would hate to think this recovery is only of a temporary nature :D
Any advice would be most appreciated...

Hi Mike, had no problems in the SN3 area. It would not suprise me if one of the NTL cabinets got water in it after the deluge and local flooding we had Saturday. My works BT access died for about an hour after the storm, but my NTL access did not suffer at all.

Gareth
24-07-2006, 22:00
SN25 here... everything been fine here. I unplugged everything during the storm, but it was still up and running when I re-plugged it all back in.