PDA

View Full Version : Lost broadband

paulinnherts
22-07-2006, 20:47
Hi there i realise its a topic always on going but up until a few weeks ago my broadband was ok but now it goes off comes back or i have to keep unplugging etc,i have taken advice others have asked,so im wondering if a modem can wear out after so much time i have the silver 120 modem.As it is becomming a real pain thanks in advance paul.

Paul K
22-07-2006, 23:50
Modems can fail, overheat etc as can all electronic equipment. Have you checked for local network maintenance etc or checked your modem config page for changes?

popper
23-07-2006, 04:01
with all the hot weather we are getting its a wonder theres not far more modems and STB's doing down, as a test just move the modem to a better place were you can direct some air to it (a fan or something) and see if it becomes more stable, if so get them out and replace the thing, making sure to give it more airflow next time.

Rik
23-07-2006, 10:45
You should ring NTL and ask for a NTL 250 Modem, which speed are you on?
If you are on 10Meg 120 modems are not up to the job unfortunately.

When i had my disconnection problems, a quality control manager arrived after all the engineers, and simply said "I know what the problem is and simply installed a new 250 modem"

Since that day I have had NO problems. :D

paulinnherts
24-07-2006, 17:16
Hi there thanks for replys all running well at mo so might have been some work ntl doing but if it carrys on i will ring them, thanks again paul.