PDA

View Full Version : loss of service

levineg
22-07-2006, 12:07
I have an NTL modem 250, up until now everything has worked fine.

All of last week, the lights on the front of my modem continue to flash and cannot get the modem working again. I have no service at all this weekend as an engineer cannot get to me until monday.

Does anybody have any idea as to what the problem may be, is there anything I can do to restore my internet access?

I am under the NTL Infrastructure of Oldham Manchester in the BL9 area.

MovedGoalPosts
22-07-2006, 12:20
If CS have decided an engineer is needed, it'll be due to something on the network that you cannot control - probably signal levels - or the modem itself. Most likely to be the former. Not a lot you can do but sit it out I'm afraid.

claret
22-07-2006, 13:13
lol....had this for a week....

All you get is reset/reboot and then....will arrange an engineer...sometime next month:rolleyes:

Florence
25-07-2006, 08:14
Would seem NTL haven't enough engineers 6 yrs ago you would have had an engineer within 24hours to 48 hours max this year its call monday and the earliest is thursday 12 till 6pm.. It isn't good enough if they havent enough sta\ff to cover faults which I add has gone up for me this month I have been down three times. Each time I have called the 0871 number. I have also had to wait in a queue for upto 15 mins which on an 0871 number isn't acceptable. The message says NTL is improving the service to customers :rofl: soemthing else NTL are failing in then as my service has gone down over the 6 years... I have been offline for longer this month than in my first 4 years with NTL.

A Message to the NTL bosses stop getting rid of the front line staff and look to those who sit behind desks doing bog all for more pay. The network cannot be good when the staff who actual work on it are decreasing and the customer base increasing. Your been counters have lost some important beans...