PDA

View Full Version : BT Customer Disservice.

Bill C
18-07-2006, 17:16
Well at last my phone will be number ported back to NTL tomorrow.

The last part of my sorry story with BT is a joke to say the least.

BT phoned me yesterday to ask WHY i was leaving them. This begs the question do they keep records.

I then had to informed them of what had gone on over the last 3 months with them and I had to give them the information about what had gone on.:Yikes:

The girl then said well i can get an other Engineer out to see what he can do. I pointed out that i had already had 3 engineers

One that was not bothered and just wanted to get home as i was the last call of the day.

One that was very rude to my wife with her sister as witness.

And One that told me a load of crap then changed the fault diagnoses so they did not have to do anything else. I told them about the call out charge they have billed me for my last engineer call out "she did not offer to cancel that charge"

she then offerd the same as other customer service people and 1 manager had offerd. That is 6 months half price line rental for all the problems i have had.

I asked her this.

Would the half price line rental fix my line. She said NO. Would BT fix my line. She said there is no Fault. :Yikes: So customer service at BT are now Engineers.

Therefor i told her that i would be proceeding with the number port. And moving back to NTL.

NTL might have bad customer service, They might not have all the bell's and whistles when it comes to online account's. But at least NTL have lines that work and Engineers that can fix a standard POTS line.

For those "Neil" that say i should have emailed BT Senior management. WHY

Why should i have to run after BT. If they wanted my service that bad they would have fixed my line and they would have chased me. Instead I had to do there work.

Avoid BT like you would the plague

zing_deleted
18-07-2006, 17:35
you gonna change your sig now dude lol :) sometimes I guess it really is better the devil you know lol

Bill C
18-07-2006, 17:51
you gonna change your sig now dude lol :) sometimes I guess it really is better the devil you know lol

:LOL:

Fully agree. If NTL mess up its Vonage next :). Going to leave the sig for now. It upset's some of the BT fans on here. :)

Paul K
18-07-2006, 21:17
As an ex BT Business Repair CS I can only say that all providers suffer from arseh*les on phones. Sometimes the hole is on the customer side, sometimes it's sitting on the CS side but often you get people giving incorrect information when they either don't know the answer or they can't be bothered to find the answer in the first place. Not all the cr*p comes from the CS side I must admit ;)
Good luck with NTL

UncleBooBoo
19-07-2006, 13:37
Personally I think your <Rob C: deleted> just looking for an excuse to go back to NTL! :dozey:

There that should get this thread moving, and before you say anything I ain't a BT customer either and haven't been for some time! :D

And trust me you don't want to go with vonage! :td:
But feel free to give them ago to, it will give you a good excuse to return back to NTL again! :disturbd:

MovedGoalPosts
19-07-2006, 16:28
There is no need to insult other forum members. Posts edited or deleted.

UncleBooBoo
19-07-2006, 16:37
I was not insulting anyone, just my opinion!

Bill C
19-07-2006, 16:48
I was not insulting anyone, just my opinion!

No but i was.

UncleBooBoo
19-07-2006, 16:52
I have said this before in another post on this forum, BT is crap when it comes to repair times....

Other than that I can't or should say couldn't fault them!

However I have heard they now use call centers based abroad! pffrr
Not even going to comment on that one!

Bill C
19-07-2006, 16:55
I have said this before in another post on this forum, BT is crap when it comes to repair times....

Other than that I can't or should say couldn't fault them!

However I have heard they now use call centers based abroad! pffrr
Not even going to comment on that one!

My number was ported and i now have a NTL line. It clear omg its clear compared with the crap line i had with BT.

slowcoach
19-07-2006, 22:25
You need two lines with BT, one for voice and one for ADSL, both down the same line is garbage as you (and me) found out.
Just wait until they start to push video down the same line, doesn't bear thinking about.

dragon
08-08-2006, 22:29
You need two lines with BT, one for voice and one for ADSL, both down the same line is garbage as you (and me) found out.
Just wait until they start to push video down the same line, doesn't bear thinking about.

it shouldnt make a difference if you have voice on the line or not, the ADSL shouldn't touch the 300hz to 3.4khz freqency range used for PSTN service.

Graham M
08-08-2006, 22:43
Thats what a Microfilter does...

dragon
08-08-2006, 22:53
Thats what a Microfilter does...

i thought it was just to stop you hearing the adsl freqancies, it still doesnt use 300hz - 3.4khz ;)

they will be using IPTV to push video down so its no different from data so i don't get what difference it will make (well apart from the obvious fact that if your watching something over IPTV theres less bandwith available to the comptuer)

Graham M
08-08-2006, 22:55
I was agreeing with you... I think :)

dragon
08-08-2006, 23:00
I was agreeing with you... I think :)

i may have misunderstood your reply. :)