PDA

View Full Version : top places to avoid in the summer?

heyyo
18-07-2006, 12:44
does anyone work somewhere really hot? how u coping with the heat...

i guess i would avoid going to a kebab shop lol
tommorow is meant to be the hottest day

Hugh
18-07-2006, 12:57
I would avoid a Tanning salon :dozey:

Russ
18-07-2006, 12:58
A sauna would probably be best avoided.

dd2k
18-07-2006, 13:02
a big floor of tilted mirrors is probably not advisable

danielf
18-07-2006, 13:04
I am 'working' from home today, partly because my office gets too hot.

gazzae
18-07-2006, 13:05
The Tube

Damien
18-07-2006, 13:08
Outside. Open air. Daylight.

homealone
18-07-2006, 13:17
I can vouch for this weather not being suitable for doing any work in the loft - especially laying insulation. A few years ago I did that & found sweat & rockwool have an irresistible attraction for each other :Yikes:

Nugget
18-07-2006, 13:32
I just nipped out at lunch, and the car was telling me that it was 31.5°C - unfortunately, as a pale and ginger person, it's far too hot for me :(

Salu
18-07-2006, 13:36
A fish and chip shop would be tough plaice to work in this weather...

homealone
18-07-2006, 13:41
I just nipped out at lunch, and the car was telling me that it was 31.5°C - unfortunately, as a pale and ginger person, it's far too hot for me :(

I drove out to Scunny the other night and was surprised to see that one section of the A180 has 2 quite deep grooves in the nearside lane, caused by HGVs driving on a very hot stretch of tarmac. Probably best avoided in a 3 wheeler - get stuck in a groove & you would miss your turn off ;)

Russ
18-07-2006, 13:43
I drove out to Scunny the other night and was surprised to see that one section of the A180 has 2 quite deep grooves in the nearside lane, caused by HGVs driving on a very hot stretch of tarmac. Probably best avoided in a 3 wheeler - get stuck in a groove & you would miss your turn off ;)

If you met your soulmate there would it be a 'groovy kind of love'?

Quick, someone gag Nugg :erm:

danielf
18-07-2006, 13:45

Three wheelers are best avoided period. Unless you're a bearded, pipe smoking, cardigan wearing, real ale drinker that is.

homealone
18-07-2006, 13:49

:LOL: the ironic thing is that it was recently resurfaced - most of the A180 is surfaced with ridged concrete, which causes the most awful tyre noise - making it totally impossible to whisper 'sweet nothing' in a soulmate's ear, until you get to the new tarmac, which a couple of weeks ago was smooth and quiet :)

heyyo
18-07-2006, 13:49
a parked car lol

homealone
18-07-2006, 13:50

Three wheelers are best avoided period. Unless you're a bearded, pipe smoking, cardigan wearing, real ale drinker that is.

I'd certainly avoid the 'del boy' version - no windows & a fibreglass bodyshell would be awful in this heat ;)

Nugget
18-07-2006, 13:54

More a Road to Hell moment actually ;)

handyman
18-07-2006, 13:55
Wales

Russ
18-07-2006, 13:55
More a Road to Hell moment actually

I fail in the presence of greatness :(

Nugget
18-07-2006, 13:56

The nearside lane?!? Can't remember the last time I actually used that one :D

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

I fail in the presence of greatness :(

In fairness to you though Russ, if you look in the bible, it doesn't specifically name Hell but trust me, it's where I work :disturbd:

TheDaddy
18-07-2006, 14:17
I reckon being a chef at this time of year would be pretty horrid

Maggy
18-07-2006, 14:24
I pity Fireman having to put out fires in this heat.Mind thus far I've not heard of any fires being set on MOD land which is a favourite pastime here during the summer months.We have been lucky so far.Last year there was one Sunday when it got really close and we couldn't keep our windows open because of the smoke. Little barsterwards. :mad:

homealone
18-07-2006, 14:31
I pity Fireman having to put out fires in this heat.Mind thus far I've not heard of any fires being set on MOD land which is a favourite pastime here during the summer months.We have been lucky so far.Last year there was one Sunday when it got really close and we couldn't keep our windows open because of the smoke. Little barsterwards. :mad:

have they removed the UXBs on Daedalus, yet, Incog? There may be hope for an explosive solution to the problem ;)

liamboyle06
18-07-2006, 15:44
building i'm working - filled with windows, but no Air Con.
were not allowed fans and coolers as they are not allowed by Health & Safety guys,
Sweating gravy here.

orangebird
18-07-2006, 16:26
My house. Even with all the doors and windows open & the heating switched off, it's like a bloody oven.

Gareth
18-07-2006, 16:35
Guantanamo Bay is quite high up on places I'm avoiding visiting.

Hugh
18-07-2006, 16:45
G********o B*y is quite high up on places I'm avoiding visiting.

You do realise this (and many other websites) are constantly monitored by the NSA?

Be seeing you - I bet you look good in a yellow jumpsuit :)

AndrewJ
18-07-2006, 16:50
Anywhere which don't have AIR CON

Gareth
18-07-2006, 16:52
G********o B*y is quite high up on places I'm avoiding visiting.

You do realise this (and many other websites) are constantly monitored by the NSA?

Be seeing you - I bet you look good in a yellow jumpsuit :)Heh, I'm not worried. I have the utmost confidence in our Government protecting me, and not allowing any unfounded extradition requests from the USA. Just ask the Nat West 3, or David McKinnon.... oh crap. Been nice knowing y'all :(

Nugget
18-07-2006, 16:56

Be seeing you - I bet you look good in a yellow jumpsuit :)

He should be alright then - they all wear orange in Cuba ;)

gazzae
18-07-2006, 16:56
a parked car lol

When I was in Canada last year one of the days was 103F. The car had been sitting in the sun all day as we had been in Niagara Falls. It was impossible to touch anything, we had to switch the air con on and leave it running for 10 minutes before it was even bareable to sit in.

Enuff
18-07-2006, 18:06
Buses and other people!

budwieser
18-07-2006, 18:34
The Bloody workshop i`m working in at the moment!!!!!!!!!
Got a New Accord in to fit the accessories to it today and the temp sensor in the car read............................36DEGREES......... ............Bugger it was hot in there! :Yikes: :D

Wicked_and_Crazy
18-07-2006, 18:42
unfortunately, as a pale and ginger person, it's far too hot for me :(

Remembers a quote from Game On ;)

Pia
18-07-2006, 18:59
I reckon being a chef at this time of year would be pretty horrid
Very true. A couple of weeks ago in the hotel where i work, it was nowhere near as hot as this and a thermometer in the kitchen said 44 degrees. I'm not sure what it would be now but since it's such an old building we don't have Air conditioning, only some pretty poor fans...:(

budwieser
18-07-2006, 19:49
The temperature in my conservatory earlier was 56 degrees,, Damn, Thats hot.:confused:

Pia
18-07-2006, 19:52
Well it is basically just a posh greenhouse Bud:D

Bill C
18-07-2006, 19:54
Some of the exchanges and hub sites i have been to in the last few days are unbearably hot . The worst was Nelson BT :Yikes: all the engineers had shorts and t shirts on.

Maggy
18-07-2006, 20:56
have they removed the UXBs on Daedalus, yet, Incog? There may be hope for an explosive solution to the problem ;)
Nope!However there is talk of evacuations lasting for at least 5/6 weeks.
My husband seemed to think we would be told to go but I'm not leaving my house empty for that long.I'll take my chances what being the other side of the town.Can't imagine them having set that much explosive that it would obliterate the then village.

Beats me how anyone could forget booby trap bombs being planted and not remove the bluddy things at the end of the war.Makes one wonder how many other places were booby trapped the same way?

Oh and BTW tomorrow is going to be even hotter.Humidity will be the killer.

budwieser
18-07-2006, 21:05
Well it is basically just a posh greenhouse Bud:D

Cheeky Mare!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I built it with my own fair hands i`ll have you know! ;)

Hugh
18-07-2006, 21:44
I built it with my own fair hands i`ll have you know! ;)

I would have used bricks, wood, and glass, myself! :dozey:

MadGamer
18-07-2006, 21:53
The Tube Yep, dont know if any of you watch a program called "The Tube" on Sky Travel, but apparently it averages 10 degrees hotter Underground than outside.

EDIT: Woooohooooooooo 5,000 posts :D

gazzae
18-07-2006, 21:57
Yep, dont know if any o you watch a program called "The Tube" on Sky Travel, but apparently it averages 10 degrees hotter Underground than outside.

EDIT: Woooohooooooooo 5,000 posts :D

Nah just been on it in the summer.

timewarrior2001
18-07-2006, 22:07
The temperature in my conservatory earlier was 56 degrees,, Damn, Thats hot.:confused:

Same here, my compuiter case was sooo hot i couldnt touch it. And one of my lighters exploded.

ellie
18-07-2006, 22:17
Indoor swimming pools ...when you have to stand around the edge of it for hours *phew* :afire:

budwieser
18-07-2006, 22:34
I would have used bricks, wood, and glass, myself! :dozey:

****!............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............. :D