PDA

View Full Version : Loss of connectivity STB lights flashing

Lionel G
17-07-2006, 17:19
I have a look at the various threads re: loss of connectivity but could not find an answer to my problem. All the replies I have read mention doing ping and various other loops, but I can not even get a signal on my BB: the firefox windows says the server is unavailable.

The problem has been occuring for the past few weeks, with serious loss of connectivity with our STB and our 1MB broadband not working for periods of up to a complete day - Each time it happened we tried to reboot the STB, but we can not get it to show the two solid lights. the middle one is flashing, and the BB is not working.

What's the problem? Is this something due to network conditions or that's my STB in need of replacement?
Do I need to ring NTL or there is something I can tweak at my end?

thanks for your advice.
lionel

MovedGoalPosts
17-07-2006, 18:01
If the lights that would normally be steady aren't something is up with your connection or the STB. You'll have to phone the costly tech support number, and get them to diagnose / send engineer.

claret
17-07-2006, 18:13
i was having the same issue for the last week, stb and modem lights flashing on/off - but strange thing is, that i checked my account and both the cheques had cleared that i sent.....and hey presto.....no more flashin lights

Lionel G
17-07-2006, 19:14
well, I am on DD so that should not be an issue of non-payment.

Can i not call the general number and report a fault in the STB?

lionel

MovedGoalPosts
17-07-2006, 23:08
If it's a broadband fault, you have to use the expensive 0871 number not the 0845 one. Pants really especially if you're on hold.

Lionel G
17-07-2006, 23:28
thanks Rob

is there a credible alternative to NTL because I am starting to get fed up with these kind of schemes... A friend recommended Freeview for the telly and then it's back to BT I presume for telephone and ADSL...

hum...

lionel