PDA

View Full Version : American History X

Neil
08-12-2003, 13:49
I know I'm probably a bit behind the times on this one, but I watched American History X (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0120586/) at the weekend, & OMFG what an awesome film it was.

It stars Edward Norton, who is already my fave actor, & although the film treads on very dodgy ground subjectwise (Nazis/racism), it was well put together & thought out, & was really superb in every aspect-even down to the camera angles.

I really was bowled over by this film, & it enhanced my opinion of Ed Norton as the finest actor of his generation.

What does anyone else who has seen the film think? :)

Chris
08-12-2003, 13:55
You can't be that far behind, Neil - I must confess I'd never heard of it! :dunce:

Sociable
08-12-2003, 13:57
Yes powerful movie with a powerful message.

If you haven't already seen it make sure to watch "Fight Club" another excellant example of his abilities.

Xaccers
08-12-2003, 14:01
Yes powerful movie with a powerful message.

If you haven't already seen it make sure to watch "Fight Club" another excellant example of his abilities.

Ok you've just put me off watching AHX now!

Flubflow
08-12-2003, 14:11
I thought it was less about actual nazism/racism but more about violent radicalism in general and how the average angry testosterone-fuelled young male is so easily led up the wrong path. Very thought provoking.

imback
08-12-2003, 14:34

I though the film was OK, Norton was great in it though, but it kind of felt like 2 similar films glued together in the middle. It was ok and I'll watch it if it's on, my misses loves the film though.

Bifta
08-12-2003, 15:05
I know I'm probably a bit behind the times on this one, but I watched American History X (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0120586/) at the weekend, & OMFG what an awesome film it was.

It stars Edward Norton, who is already my fave actor, & although the film treads on very dodgy ground subjectwise (Nazis/racism), it was well put together & thought out, & was really superb in every aspect-even down to the camera angles.

I really was bowled over by this film, & it enhanced my opinion of Ed Norton as the finest actor of his generation.

Saw that myself a few months ago, excellent film.

Derek
08-12-2003, 15:12
Great film.

Very uncomfortable viewing at the kerb moment.

Mal
08-12-2003, 15:12
Although you don't actually see it, the way that he killed that bloke on the kerb made me :sick: and it's the only film to do that and like I said, you don't see it, you just know what happened

Bifta
08-12-2003, 15:17
Great film.

Very uncomfortable viewing at the kerb moment.

Thanks for that .. I thought I'd forgotten all about it *wince*

Marge
08-12-2003, 15:18
Thanks for that .. I thought I'd forgotten all about it *wince*

Me too and I'm just cooking my dinner now :erm:

Very good film tho although I don't get round to watching many, have to admit cos I'm typical girly had a bit of a sob at the end.........