PDA

View Full Version : Slooooow in Warwick

Simongc
14-07-2006, 19:21
Anyone else having problems? I'm in Warwick (CV34) and speeds have been v. poor since Thursday afternoon. Also the 'cable' light on my Terayon TJ210 goes out every now and then, coming back on after some furious flashing. Then speeds are OK for a minute or two and then back to dial-up speeds.

I have logged a call with NTL but just wondered if this sounded like network problems or a modem problem?

Cheers,

Simon

susie r
14-07-2006, 19:48
Hi Simon, I had the same trouble with the Terrayon 2 weeks ago.........had an engineer out & he gave me a new modem (NTL 250 )...........solved the problem, no trouble since.

Simongc
14-07-2006, 21:15
Hi Simon, I had the same trouble with the Terrayon 2 weeks ago.........had an engineer out & he gave me a new modem (NTL 250 )...........solved the problem, no trouble since.

Thanks for the info - hopefully a quick exchange of modem should cure it then. I guess mine has had a hard life - it's been permanently on since October 2001!

Cheers,

Simon

Tazfan
16-07-2006, 14:28
Im in Nottingham. and have been painfully slow for about a week now. Im meant to have 10MB (been on it since Dec), but at the min, I may as well be on dial up. Browsing and downloading is painfully slow.
I dont have a Terryon though. Iv got one of the Surfboard 4100s. Best modem ever supplied I reckon.
All being well, the problems will sort themselves out soon. if not, I will have to go against my resolve not to phone them now its a chargeable call. Not sure I like the idea of being charged for a call to report a problem with them. I pay enough already.

Simongc
16-07-2006, 18:53
Update!

Just borrowed my sisters cable modem (ntl 250) and the problem is cured. So now I just need an engineer to turn up on Tuesday and swap modems over - I'm assuming that they usually carry these as a van stock item and that it wouldn't have to be ordered?

Also - I've seen quite a few reports of engineers not turning up for appointments. Is this a common problem?

Cheers,

Simon

nfs6600
16-07-2006, 19:07
Update!

Just borrowed my sisters cable modem (ntl 250) and the problem is cured. So now I just need an engineer to turn up on Tuesday and swap modems over - I'm assuming that they usually carry these as a van stock item and that it wouldn't have to be ordered?

Also - I've seen quite a few reports of engineers not turning up for appointments. Is this a common problem?

Cheers,

Simon

The engineer might not replace your modem. Even if he does there is nothing to say that you will get the 250 series.

It's not a common problem at all for engineers not turning up, in fact it's very rare. Just make sure that the agent you speak to books the appointment (call CMC and request they check for you)