PDA

View Full Version : Keeping email address after cancelling broadband

mills04
14-07-2006, 17:28
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I searched on the forum and found some threads related to this but they were fairly old so wondered if the situation had changed.

Just gave my 1months notice to NTL as we are moving house on the 28th July into an area where there is no NTL cabling. Everything ok but as the title sugests, I would like to try and keep my email addresses.

I read on the other threads that converting my account into dial-up and dialing in every so often would be the way to keep them active, however I asked this on the telephone when giving my notice and they seemed to suggest signing up to virgin.net and doing it that way. However going through the sign-up process on the virgin website doesn't mention anything about ntlworld accounts etc.

Anybody know who to contact to convert it as of 28th July? - I've tried to change most of my accounts etc to an email address at my own personal domain but as you can imagine, signed up to everything and difficult to make sure everything is changed over.

Any responses would be great. Thanks very much.

James.

Jules
14-07-2006, 18:04
To be honest I think that you can only keep them while you are with NTL but I may be wrong :erm:

Paul K
14-07-2006, 18:35
Your email account is linked to your BB account, drop the BB or dial up and you account will close at some point. May not happen straight away but it will happen. You can keep them if you go over to NTL dial up but you need to set it up with NTL I believe. Some of our nice NTL staff members may be able to sort it out for you or tell you how to do it.

xathras
14-07-2006, 18:53
To be honest I think that you can only keep them while you are with NTL but I may be wrong :erm:

my old address (parents) i had bb, canx it when i went to uni which was in 2001 and my email account still works for that :)

and guys before you ask I did come back to NTL till 2004 due to uni accomodation

mills04
14-07-2006, 22:16
Thanks for your replies. I know that my email addresses will get cancelled when my broadband ends however I just wanted to know the best way to convert my account to dial-up so that I can try and keep access to it.

homealone
15-07-2006, 02:15
Thanks for your replies. I know that my email addresses will get cancelled when my broadband ends however I just wanted to know the best way to convert my account to dial-up so that I can try and keep access to it.

I am cautious replying to your post, because I started with a dialup account with NTL, an addy I still use, however, I converted it from a subscription account to a pay as you go, when I upgraded to broadband, wheras you seem to want the opposite?