PDA

View Full Version : Italian Match Fixing

gazzae
14-07-2006, 11:33
According to reports from Italy, Juve will be relegated to Serie B and deducted 15 points. Fiorentina and Lazio will also be relegated but have no points reduction.
Milan will stay in Serie A but won't compete in the Champions league, neither will Juve or Fiorentina.

Juve will be stripped of the title and it will possibly be given to Inter.

Just rumours at the mo, the announcement is due this evening.

DocDutch
14-07-2006, 11:58
hope that Juve goes down to serie B and not coming back for at least 2 seasons. I hope they do something about AC cuz they are just as guilty just look at the owner of the club and you should already see how corrupt that is. Lazio and Fiorentina probably deserve it as well.

Italy have messed it up for themselves and I think that if this thing happens again then perhaps ban them from international football.

Nugget
14-07-2006, 12:02
I think that Serie B is the best Juve can hope for - the prosecution was still pushing for relegation to Serie C1.

IMO, this is the best thing to happen to Italian football for years - hopefully, it will clean the whole system up. When you have the owner of Milan as Prime Minister of the country (particularly when it's someone as allegedy dodgy as Berlusconi), rumours of corruption have never been too far away :shrug:

Wicked_and_Crazy
14-07-2006, 12:41
They should be ejected from the league totally and made to start from tyhe bottom

Nugget
14-07-2006, 13:52
Apparently, Gazzetta Dello Sport are saying that they already know what's going to happen (even though the verdict isn't expected until 6pm). Allegedly, Juve, Fiorentina and Lazio will all be relegated to Serie B, and have big point deductions. Milan will be allowed to stay in Serie A, but will also have a large deduction of points, and will not be allowed to participate in next seasons Champions League.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/continentalfootball/story/0,,1820567,00.html

DocDutch
14-07-2006, 22:57
Juve gone to series B with a -30 :D
AC Milan staying in series A :( but with a -15
Fiorentina gone to series B with a -12
Lazio Roma gone to series B with a -7

and none of the teams now in the Champions League either for at least 2 seasons for AC milan and well dont think Juve can think about champions league for at least 3 seasons and thats if they get lucky.

I think the buzzards are already flying over Turin now looking for cheap bargains.

what I also wonder is what will happen if they are going to appeal.................

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/5164194.stm

Damien
14-07-2006, 23:36
This could be the end for all but AC milian. Massive moneyloss and player loss coming for Juve

Legendary_PSR
15-07-2006, 00:50
i don't see why juve are appealing considering they said they would be happy if they went to C1A

DocDutch
15-07-2006, 09:58
the reason why Juve are probably appealing is because of the -30 points they've got at the beginning of the new season, as they can easily get relegated all the way to Series C if they screw up a couple of games.

gazzae
15-07-2006, 11:05
the reason why Juve are probably appealing is because of the -30 points they've got at the beginning of the new season, as they can easily get relegated all the way to Series C if they screw up a couple of games.

Well going on last years table Juve could lose 5 games and still win promotion

gazzae
25-07-2006, 21:24
All change in Italy.

Lazio and Fiorentina have been reinstated to Serie A - but with points deductions increased from 12 to 19 for Fiorentina and seven to 11 for Lazio.

Juventus' hopes of overturning demotion to Serie B were dashed, but instead of starting on minus 30 points, they have only had 17 points taken away.

AC Milan stay in Serie A with their penalty cut from 15 points to eight.

Milan have also been allowed to play in the Champions League qualifying rounds this season - having originally been barred from Europe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5215178.stm

jellybaby
25-07-2006, 21:26
Appeal results -

Juventus: Were relegated with 30 point penalty; now still in Serie B but with 17-point deduction. Given three match stadium ban
AC Milan: Were allowed to stay in Serie A but with 15-point penalty; now still in Serie A but with eight point deduction and put back into Champions League, but with one-match stadium ban
Lazio: Were relegated with seven-point penalty; now put back in Serie A with 11-point deduction, but given two-match stadium ban
Fiorentina: Were relegated with 12-point penalty; now put back in Serie A with 19-point deduction, but with three-match stadium ban

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5215178.stm

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

lol...beaten by Gazzae :)

Damien
25-07-2006, 22:21
AC Milan: Were allowed to stay in Serie A but with 15-point penalty; now still in Serie A but with eight point deduction and put back into Champions League, but with one-match stadium ban

What a con. AC Milian got let off really. Champions League, they dont deserrve to be in it.

sherer
26-07-2006, 09:04
not really sure if AC should be in the champions league this season but from all that i've read the only real club that did anything wrong is Juve.. i've not found any details on what exactly the other clubs are meant to have done nor any evidence to prove they did do wrong

the prob for Juve is alot of players have already gone and some of the ones that are staying are just there because at their ages they can't get the same contracts if they move

DocDutch
26-07-2006, 10:02
still Juve is going to appeal again and probably go back to Serie A.

if that happens no1 in the footballing world will take the italian law seriously even normal law more then likely as it just shows how corrupt it is there.

and I find something very very strange....we havent heard of Sepp Blatter yet regarding this

gazzae
26-07-2006, 11:57
Bet Inter are ****ed. They will find some way to cockup the 8point lead. That said this is Inter they would have probably cocked up the 15 point lead!

sherer
26-07-2006, 13:59
and I find something very very strange....we havent heard of Sepp Blatter yet regarding this

good point.. it's interesting how often he will say something about England straight away even with no facts and knowledge of what he is talking about but when it's another country and clear cut evidence of cheating he doesn't say a thing