PDA

View Full Version : im out of it....

kronas
14-07-2006, 03:45
hmm.. k where do i start, i want to work but cannot because i have depression, also i think i have a mounting social phobia, i cannot think, talk coherantly, i find it hard to type, im basically a potato, been on jobseekers for a while and now i have to go to a training thing mon-friday 9am till 4ish, trouble is i cannot do it, i throw up everyday, ive lost wieght, im paranoid, distressed, relationship wise and sexually frustrated. im so irratic, ill jump off at any idea no matter how insane it is :erm:

what do i do :(

Graham M
14-07-2006, 06:37
hmm.. k where do i start, i want to work but cannot because i have depression, also i think i have a mounting social phobia, i cannot think, talk coherantly, i find it hard to type, im basically a potato, been on jobseekers for a while and now i have to go to a training thing mon-friday 9am till 4ish, trouble is i cannot do it, i throw up everyday, ive lost wieght, im paranoid, distressed, relationship wise and sexually frustrated. im so irratic, ill jump off at any idea no matter how insane it is :erm:

Erm you on Anti-Deppressants, if so what type?

bopdude
14-07-2006, 08:14
How about a fresh start where you'll have no peer pressure and nobody knows you, yep, I'm talking about aid help in a far off land, well, you'll be housed, fed, you'll be doing the needy some good, and maybe you'll enjoy it, it gotta be worth a thought :shrug:

Wicked_and_Crazy
14-07-2006, 09:05
stop thinking and try doing

lauzjp
14-07-2006, 11:19
kronas - your doctor should have signed you off from having to do the New Deal / training hoo-hah if you're really not ready, and by the sounds of it you are not.

I suggest you also ask for counselling, as I did at least find it useful in instigating 'routines' to me, like I said to AdamD - you need to take as long as you want and do things one at a time... getting up at a certain time, washed and dressed, breakfast, go for a little walk, do some job searching - see if anything catches your eye - it's got to be better than that training / New Deal thing!

Update your CV, make the most of being off work and get all the free stuff you can - you could even do an open university course, or study locally - or take up volunteering for a few hours a week. :tu:

Pia
14-07-2006, 12:09

Get back to your doctors, sounds like an anxiety disorder aswell, you could probably do with some form of counselling.
and sexually frustrated.
And while you wait for the appointment, have yourself a man shank or two;) :shocked:

Nugget
14-07-2006, 12:12
And while you wait for the appointment, have yourself a man shank or two;) :shocked:

2 quid a pound from your local butcher I believe :)

At least I think that's what you're talking about :disturbd:

Hugh
14-07-2006, 12:21
2 quid a pound from your local butcher I believe :)

At least I think that's what you're talking about :disturbd:

I'm off the the local butcher's with a tenner, then! :monkey:

Hope he washes his hands before (and after). ;)

Nugget
14-07-2006, 12:22
I'm off the the local butcher's with a tenner, then! :monkey:

Hope he washes his hands before (and after). ;)

Washes his hands?!?! I'd just hope he put the cleaver down :shocked:

Hugh
14-07-2006, 12:23
Washes his hands?!?! I'd just hope he put the cleaver down :shocked:

Phew, I thought you were going to say "chopper! !!! :Yikes:

Nugget
14-07-2006, 12:24
Phew, I thought you were going to say "chopper! !!! :Yikes:

Why do you think I didn't ;)

kronas
14-07-2006, 15:17
kronas - your doctor should have signed you off from having to do the New Deal / training hoo-hah if you're really not ready, and by the sounds of it you are not.

he wont.... i was declared medically fit in june 2005 by medical services... i did not gain enough points, he is using this despite me being worse in the past few months.

I suggest you also ask for counselling, as I did at least find it useful in instigating 'routines' to me, like I said to AdamD - you need to take as long as you want and do things one at a time... getting up at a certain time, washed and dressed, breakfast, go for a little walk, do some job searching - see if anything catches your eye - it's got to be better than that training / New Deal thing!

i see a psychiatrist, he says there is a long waiting list for counselling.

Update your CV, make the most of being off work and get all the free stuff you can - you could even do an open university course, or study locally - or take up volunteering for a few hours a week. :tu:

i tried doing a learndirect course, but i could not do it, i was irraticly all over the place...

How about a fresh start where you'll have no peer pressure and nobody knows you, yep, I'm talking about aid help in a far off land, well, you'll be housed, fed, you'll be doing the needy some good, and maybe you'll enjoy it, it gotta be worth a thought :shrug:

ive tried my local council and they said i need to find a 'shared house' with a room for myself, before they consider paying rent...

Erm you on Anti-Deppressants, if so what type?

olanzapine.....

Ramrod
14-07-2006, 16:03
what do i do :(We have been through this so many times m8......you need good medical help :shrug: :sorry: :)

lauzjp
14-07-2006, 16:36
kronas - if you can get to a reference library, I know I probably shouldn't say so, but, you can get through the medical test if you know what the scores on the doors are - look for a book called "Welfare Benefits Handbook" by the Child Poverty Action Group. I have an old copy, in appendix 4 it lists 'disabilities ehich may make a person incapable of work' which details all the questions that the dss doc will ask, and the scale of points awarded according to what answer is appropriate. (ps incase anyone is wondering I didn't even get past a few questions before the dss doc chucked me out of the room for being hysterical. oh and recommending that I am not fit enough for work yet. review in january I think.) Is it too late to appeal the decision on your medical? Ask to see another doctor at the practice you go to. Get some support - nhs direct, samaritans.org, other than your psychiatrist. Has your psychiatrist not been in touch with your doctor about your worsening condition?

kronas
14-07-2006, 20:54
kronas - if you can get to a reference library, I know I probably shouldn't say so, but, you can get through the medical test if you know what the scores on the doors are - look for a book called "Welfare Benefits Handbook" by the Child Poverty Action Group. I have an old copy, in appendix 4 it lists 'disabilities ehich may make a person incapable of work' which details all the questions that the dss doc will ask, and the scale of points awarded according to what answer is appropriate. (ps incase anyone is wondering I didn't even get past a few questions before the dss doc chucked me out of the room for being hysterical. oh and recommending that I am not fit enough for work yet. review in january I think.) Is it too late to appeal the decision on your medical? Ask to see another doctor at the practice you go to. Get some support - nhs direct, samaritans.org, other than your psychiatrist. Has your psychiatrist not been in touch with your doctor about your worsening condition?

reference library... what do you mean... its not like going to a normal library ? where would i find one.... to find this 'handbook' he (the psychiatrist) said he was going to write a letter, my sister has been on the phone to him numerous times, but he says he cannot do anything, i got in touch with NHS direct who put me through to the ICAS service, i told them everything i knew over the phone and they said someone should contact me, got a letter today saying they cannot intervine, as its up to your GP if he issues sicknotes :( which he wont because medical services in june 2005 declared im fit for some type of work....

We have been through this so many times m8......you need good medical help :shrug: :sorry: :)

iv been through every possible avenue, doctor, hospital, crisis team, freinds, family, dunno what else to do.

Jules
14-07-2006, 21:02
Is there any thing that you can pin point that made you start to feel this way or was it just a gradual thing?

kronas
14-07-2006, 21:09
Is there any thing that you can pin point that made you start to feel this way or was it just a gradual thing?

it started way back in 2003, nothing to pinpoint it, im just bored/tired/ stressed/depressed/ of life....... there is just no interests left for me in anything.

it seems the only thing that 'plays' on my mind is getting a girlfreind, oh and thinking about a childhood sweetheart alot of the time, its not so much about sex, but about the emotional aspect, having fun, doing things together, going out for meals, hugging, kissing, etc

Jules
14-07-2006, 21:12
You will find a girlfriend when you are not looking for one but you don't need me to tell you that the more you get out and about the better chance you will have :)

Seems so sad that some one at the start of there life already feels like this :(

kronas
14-07-2006, 21:13
You will find a girlfriend when you are not looking for one but you don't need me to tell you that the more you get out and about the better chance you will have :)

Seems so sad that some one at the start of there life already feels like this :(

heh, maybe, everyone thinks im wierd :erm: who i know... outside of the forum lol

lauzjp
15-07-2006, 05:21
when you stop worrying quite so much what other people think of you, you will find a huge weight lifted off your shoulders. I did.

oh and most libraries have a reference section, go here http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/square/ac940/weblibs.html or here http://www.direct.gov.uk/LeisureAndRecreation/IdeasForYourSpareTime/IdeasForYourSpareTimeArticles/fs/en?CONTENT_ID=4018790&chk=B6pJtJ

kronas - I know you won't believe me, but you will get through this. Things will get better. It just takes time, I know it seems like forever, and that everyone is against you - I've been there, got the tshirt, etc. - Jules is right - you need to find something that will get you out of the house, even if only for a couple of hours here and there http://www.do-it.org.uk/ has a huge db of volunteering vacancies all over the uk and beyond. You could even find a placement where you live on site http://www.csv.org.uk/Volunteer/ and get paid (a small allowance) to do it. Or just go to your local charity shop. :)

Ramrod
15-07-2006, 20:49
iv been through every possible avenue, doctor, hospital, crisis team, freinds, family, dunno what else to do.I know m8, but you have to keep trying.......lauzjp has some good advice there, give that a go......

kronas
15-07-2006, 21:31
I know m8, but you have to keep trying.......lauzjp has some good advice there, give that a go......

yep, i tried my library today but it was closed, going to have to wait till monday.....

just going to have to sort this out somehow, to make matters worse i have been sneezing, coughing, sore throat, fever too :(

Maggy
15-07-2006, 22:21
Hi kronnie.

I'm going to tell you about my nephew who is on incapicity benefit.He has depression since he was 17 and is now 28.He has never worked because of his depression.Living on the south coast he could never get the help he needed and was unable to claim incapacity or any sort of benefit.

Then my sister moved to Newcastle and there he did get the help he needed and the correct evaluation (he has a social phobia too) to get incapacity benefit.He is increasingly getting better(although the random beating :mad: he got a month ago has knocked him back a little,bluddy thug) and is hoping to either get the further education he lost out on and/or to get a job that he can manage to do with the condition he suffers from.

The point I'm making is that maybe you need a different doctor.This is what helped my nephew.Think about changing to another surgery altogether. :tu:

Nidge
16-07-2006, 16:14
The doctors at the local mental health unit in Mansfield are shocking, they just fill you up with tablets then send you on your way, the way forward with depression is counceling, a mate of mine had the old counceling thing and it worked a treat but the funding stopped so his councelling stopped. He was lucky though because he grabbed a place at a unit in Sheffield.

kronas
18-07-2006, 17:08
UPDATE so i went to this place on monday, extremely irratic felt like throwing up, totally wacko :erm: nice freindly area, allowed breaks, lunch etc... i liked it, but i was not right, one of the guys on the course pointed that out to the trainer, anyway i toughed it out, till i could take no more, so i went to the job centre and told them i need to talk to my advisor, she was off for a week.

so i was told to come back later, which i did with a freind of mine, i explained the whole situation, my problems, the course, why i cant do it etc, she said she would get back to me later in the day to see what she could do, iwent to to the local library which was next door to the job centre and looked around for the 'welfare benefits handbook' read it, was confised read it again, then i got a phone call...

it was the advisor at the job centre she said it was up to me if i wanted to go back, she sympathized with me, im on the wrong benefit she said, so i said i could no longer continue the course, she said that when my own advsior got back next week, id have to come in at somepoint, the case will go to york to be put under review,if after the review the decision maker will make a decision whether i can or cannot continue JSA if it is rejected then there is nothing i can do, no money zip nada, so i said ok, she gave me a number of someone who may help with incapacity benefit, i said thanks and ended the call.

so i rang this other lady up, explained everything, she said she would ring me back after seeking advice, after all that i was told yes i could ask to have a claim of IB be examined, but guess what.... I NEED A SICKNOTE :erm:

so i went to another surgery for a doctor, they said because i have a doctor in the area i cannot join them

so i had to signon today which i did and now im back at home, feeling 10 times worse, i just feel like killing myself, thats the feeling i live with everday

Hugh
18-07-2006, 19:53
Kronas

there was a really good article in the Times the other day - please read it, and it may give you some guidelines/pointers as to a "way ahead".

It starts with

"
Health briefingshttp://images.thetimes.co.uk/images/grey.gifhttp://images.thetimes.co.uk/images/trans.gif
The TimesJuly 17, 2006
Times2

Rebuilding the walls of confidence

Jane Wheatley
Cognitive behavioural therapy is the Next Big Thing, but who loses out?

On a fine summer morning, a young man walks across the lawns of his university campus, up to the doors of a lecture theatre. There, he hesitates, then turns, head down, hurrying away against the flow of students, back to his room where he can be alone. Later that week, he sits miserably in front of a kindly looking woman: he always means to go to lectures, he tells her; he often gets as far as the doors but chickens out at the last moment. What is he afraid of? †œThat someone will sit next to me, or speak to me or ask me a question.ââ‚ ¬Â And if they did †” what do you think would be the worst thing that could happen? †œThat I would say something stupid and go red and people would laugh about me afterwards.ââ ¡Ã‚¬Ã‚ NI_MPU('middle');Social phobia †” or social anxiety disorder †” is one of the most common causes of psychological distress

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8124-2271024.html

budwieser
18-07-2006, 21:09

Man! You`re ****ed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When did this all start mate? What was the trigger for it?
I don`t mean to sound harsh but you`re still very young and somebody of your age shouldn`t be feeling like this! so i`m just asking, at what age did this start? Did you have a good upbringing? How was/is the relationship with your parents?

kronas
18-07-2006, 21:38
Man! You`re ****ed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When did this all start mate? What was the trigger for it?
I don`t mean to sound harsh but you`re still very young and somebody of your age shouldn`t be feeling like this! so i`m just asking, at what age did this start? Did you have a good upbringing? How was/is the relationship with your parents?

september 2003, trigger is unknown, ive not had anything to eat today, its been that bad, i barely ate yesterday as i threw up!

Maggy
18-07-2006, 22:05
Oh kronas I thought as you had been so quiet thhat you were finally getting a handle on your problems...I think the change of doctor is the best bet.

Mind the government are looking at the whole issue of incapacity benefit.They want to get as many people off it and into work.However I suspect that of those that are on it there will be very few that are fit to work.:(

budwieser
18-07-2006, 22:16
september 2003, trigger is unknown, ive not had anything to eat today, its been that bad, i barely ate yesterday as i threw up!

So, What happened in sept 2003 then?

Skatoony
18-07-2006, 22:17
september 2003, trigger is unknown, ive not had anything to eat today, its been that bad, i barely ate yesterday as i threw up!Woah! Continue like that mate and you'll become very ill within a few days. Try to eat SOMETHING that is healthy with plenty of water. You don't want to end up in the same area I was at last Christmas (almost suicided, kept starving my self etc).

I'm not so good with advise around this area as it's far different to what I experienced :(

kronas
18-07-2006, 22:52
Woah! Continue like that mate and you'll become very ill within a few days. Try to eat SOMETHING that is healthy with plenty of water. You don't want to end up in the same area I was at last Christmas (almost suicided, kept starving my self etc).

i was tempted to eat earlier, and almost did, but i run the risk of throwing up, (past month and half i have done) thats in another thread on here

I'm not so good with advise around this area as it's far different to what I experienced :(

its alright, id lke to thank everybody for their comments, support, i dont deserve it, but you guys are always so good :(

So, What happened in sept 2003 then?

nothing noticeable, that i can point out.

Oh kronas I thought as you had been so quiet thhat you were finally getting a handle on your problems...I think the change of doctor is the best bet.

yep, to do that it has to be a GP out of town, as i have no transport of my own its difficult, there is another surgery opposite me, literally but gave me that response which i typed about earlier, ive been worse than i am now, but i always keep quiet, its almost unbearable, but i conceal it, mostly from you guys, my family and freinds, i dont want to be a whiney bitch

Mind the government are looking at the whole issue of incapacity benefit.They want to get as many people off it and into work.However I suspect that of those that are on it there will be very few that are fit to work.:(

the lady who spoke to me says i can do limited work while being on it, get paid for work and get the benefit, not much used to me though, i want to work, im awaiting a decision on an application for tesco, it would have been a not so stressful job for me.

lauzjp
19-07-2006, 05:00
kronas - is there only the one doctor at your surgery? you could just ask to see another doctor there? or phone nhs direct and ask them what they think you should do about your whole situation (especially about your doctor, and how you've been feeling) - a nurse will usually phone you back within an hour or two.

I know it's even harder to eat while it's this hot, I'm struggling! as long as you at least drink something, preferably water... :) Take Care, you're doing great you know, just being on here talking to all of us, and going out there and trying your best to get on. :)

etccarmageddon
19-07-2006, 06:19
is it your diet Kronas - I think last time I asked you what you eat it was curries and the like? how about changing to a more boring diet - things like beans on toast.

kronas
19-07-2006, 15:20
is it your diet Kronas - I think last time I asked you what you eat it was curries and the like? how about changing to a more boring diet - things like beans on toast.

i have completely chnaged my diet, eliminated all fast food and stuck to basic stuff.

but no help.

kronas - is there only the one doctor at your surgery? you could just ask to see another doctor there? or phone nhs direct and ask them what they think you should do about your whole situation (especially about your doctor, and how you've been feeling) - a nurse will usually phone you back within an hour or two.

i went to the other doctor at the surgery, he was about to write me one out, then he read something on the notes and said no, you cant have one DHSS have stopped your sicknotes.

Nugget
19-07-2006, 15:26
As I understand it, the Benefits Agency can't 'stop' your sicknotes - you have to be assessed by one of their doctors, and he makes the decision whether or not you're capable of work.

However, there's nothing to stop your doctor from issuing a sicknote - let's face it, there could still be a medical reason for you to be unfit for work without the input of Benefits :shrug:

kronas
19-07-2006, 17:25
As I understand it, the Benefits Agency can't 'stop' your sicknotes - you have to be assessed by one of their doctors, and he makes the decision whether or not you're capable of work.

i have been through that, in june 2005, i was assessed i did not gain enough points, so appealed it was rejected, now my GP says he cannot issue me a sicknote due to that ruling...

kronas
22-07-2006, 21:10
update:

i have an appointment to see my advisor at the JC on the 27th, i dont anticipate anything good to come out of it, other than being asked why i cannot continue the course, then my case being refered to someone who will say whether i can continue recieving JSA, on a positive note i have managed to push my date at the hospital forward to 3rd of august.

as for the other stuff, more stress, my stomach is playing up and i have been so uncomfortable, i just want to go on hunger strike now :(

Tinky
25-07-2006, 09:04
Kronas
Take it from me. You should count your blessings, you have everything going for you. At least you can get up and walk, talk, eat, play, do/go where you want etc etc. There are many people out there who don't have these options, you do not realise how fortunate you are. Get out there, life is too short!