PDA

View Full Version : Paying for ntl Dial-up

assetman
10-07-2006, 12:18
I have an issue with ntl. It has been ongoing since 18th May 2006.
I used to pay for my dial-up by continuous credit card authorisation.
When I received my Visa statement in May, I noticed that the ntl charge was missing.I immediately went to the ntlworld website, then to Help & Support, then to Dial-up payment, then to Your ntl account where details are added, then clicking next produces an error page..........

WSDLReader in dobBLBilling.clsBLPaymentMethod ValidCreditCardSecure error '800a0005'
WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is: A security problem occurred. HRESULT=0x1: Incorrect function. - WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect. - Client:One of the parameters supplied is invalid. HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect. /scripts/payment/authorise_payment_method.asp, line 130

I have tried with e-mail to ntl and have two ntl jobs outstanding on this error.
I have completed two customer surveys the ntl sent me stating that I am dissatisfied with their service. On one occasion I have received a letter form customer concern, to which I replied again stating that I was unhappy, outling the problem. The latest missive from ntl was from Credit control, when I dialled the 0800 number the lady said that she could not help me, but transferred me to faults, where I heard a message regarding Broadband and a number to dial , I was then cut off - talk about customer service!!
:mad:
The error is printed above, anyone able to say how long it should take to fix?
My estimate is about 15 minutes

enjoymarcus
11-07-2006, 15:24
Just get Broadband already.

assetman
11-07-2006, 20:50
It could be Broadband, but it's dial-up. The thing is you've missed the point. NTL run ntlworld website, and there is a problem with a part of it and it should be fixed. If they don't want people to pay be credit or debit card, they should disable that part of the website and post a message saying so and giving alternatives.

homealone
11-07-2006, 21:06
It could be Broadband, but it's dial-up. The thing is you've missed the point. NTL run ntlworld website, and there is a problem with a part of it and it should be fixed. If they don't want people to pay be credit or debit card, they should disable that part of the website and post a message saying so and giving alternatives.

you are absolutely right :tu:

- is using the 'pay as you go' dialup service an option for you? I know it can work out expensive if you use it a lot, though?

PhilMitch34
12-07-2006, 12:58
I've got a very similar problem as the card I use to make payments for unlimited dial-up has expired (NTL automatically take payments of it).
When I log into my account and goto to part of the site in question and try to up date my card details I get the same error code as your self. I've tried differant cards as well!! The thing is I don't fancy phoning the 0902 number as I bet there is big charges:Yikes:
How you getting on?????????????

assetman
14-07-2006, 23:19
yes there are charges of £0.75 per minute, and in my experience it usually takes around 20 mins to get connected to a human being. Think I'll wait for a credit control letter with an 0800 number on it. Trying to get ntl to fix this is like banging you head against a brick wall. Good to know there's someone else trying to pay for unlimited dial-up and failing!!

Mick The Gwailo
17-07-2006, 09:18
Yes, I got that same error when trying to
switch to a Direct Debit Payment not long
ago... the system just does NOT recognize
the correct C.Card number where you have
to enter it for the "Security Check" ????

On a minus point with this problem, I wonder how you would get
on if you wanted to CANCEL a continuous C.Card
payment ??? ... would you be able to do so, or
would you need to CANCEL THE CARD itself,
(reporting it lost, maybe ?!?), in order to
STOP the recurring payments being debited FROM your C.Card ???

gavnad
17-07-2006, 18:03
to stop a continuous card payment method you would have to ring customer services asking them to disconnect your card details...no need to cancel the card