PDA

View Full Version : Why No Broadband ?

Chazman
07-12-2003, 21:16
I was going to post this on the funny stories forum but thought better of it. I live on the second biggest development in Europe (apparently), a place called Hampton Hargate in Peterborough. We have a shopping centre, business park, and lots and lots of people that have been waiting five years for Broadband. I know we have to wait in a queue but I wish somebody would tell NTL as I am inundated with phone calls telling me excitedly that I can have Broadband. I used to let them send an engineer but now end up arguing and sometimes betting the NTL caller that we can't have it.

The annoying part is that when I queried an engineer who worked on the site he told me that all the main cable box needed was a piece of equipment that could send the signal out.

I have informed NTL on numerous occasions but nothing has happened, I just get a phone call every couple of weeks.

They could make a fortune if they enabled Broadband around here as everybody I speak to is waiting for it, anyone know why they don't?

Paul K
07-12-2003, 21:39
Hiya Chazman, still building your developement aren't they? I know the traffic on the roundabout is a mare during the week:(
You'll probably find that NTL can't afford to install the necessary equipment at the moment. As a new development you may well be cabled in already but there still needs to be some work done to get it all working. Maybe if you and other interested parties in Hampton get together and ring NTL regularly (or send a letter signed by everyone in Hampton who wants the service) they will push it through but you may well be in a long queue for the service to be enabled.
Welcome to the forums by the way:)

th'engineer
08-12-2003, 06:30
To be honest if they say you can get it, let them keep sending people out if they report it back.

Then they might change the database, also contact your local paper with the story or oftel.

I am sure the publicity would get it changed, if this also happens to neighbours get a group together. Write to Aizad Hussain Chairman of NTL HOME.

The more pressure you put on the company is the only way to get things sorted with NTL.
Start at the top

You might end up with BB:)

Chazman
13-12-2003, 09:52
Hiya Chazman, still building your developement aren't they? I know the traffic on the roundabout is a mare during the week:(
You'll probably find that NTL can't afford to install the necessary equipment at the moment. As a new development you may well be cabled in already but there still needs to be some work done to get it all working. Maybe if you and other interested parties in Hampton get together and ring NTL regularly (or send a letter signed by everyone in Hampton who wants the service) they will push it through but you may well be in a long queue for the service to be enabled.
Welcome to the forums by the way:)

Cheers, been meaning to get some sort of letter sorted out for ages but can't seem to get my arse in gear.

sorry about the traffic, luckily i leave early and miss it. there should be another exit road finished soon which will take people out the development towards mcdonalds

Anyway, i'll do my best and write to the MD.

Neil
13-12-2003, 12:58
Cheers, been meaning to get some sort of letter sorted out for ages but can't seem to get my arse in gear.

sorry about the traffic, luckily i leave early and miss it. there should be another exit road finished soon which will take people out the development towards mcdonalds

Anyway, i'll do my best and write to the MD.

Hi Chazman. :wavey:

Have you considered getting ADSL, I wouldn't bother writing to Aizad (ntl MD), as we're still wating for replies to the email issues we sent in. :rolleyes:

http://216.40.241.59/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37

That should sort you out. :tu:

jamesk
17-04-2010, 21:33
7 Years on still no cable....

Neil22
18-04-2010, 11:28

Jesus mate we'll be on 200meg before you get connected.

Ignitionnet
18-04-2010, 12:09

You and about half the population I'm afraid, along with a number of areas that have cabinets which are, for whatever reason, empty. Cable coverage isn't automatic.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/Want-Cable-been-told-it-s-not-available-We-might-be-able-to-help/td-p/20585 might be useful.