PDA

View Full Version : Think my terayon has died

Comfortably Num
09-07-2006, 21:36
Cable modem has no lights even after i turn the power off so can I assume that its died (has been on more or less constanly for 5 years ) Also is it possible for me to return it to ntl to be repared/replaced as due to my job I can't be at home to wait for an engineer even on saturdays :(

Stuart
09-07-2006, 21:42
No, the modem has to be installed by an engineer. NTL will not register modems over the phone for customers. Their Engineer has to do it.

SnoopZ
09-07-2006, 21:51
Maybe you can get a friend to be there for the engineer or a neighbour?

I bet there's alot of people on this forum that wish their Terayon would die. ;)

Comfortably Num
09-07-2006, 22:02
No, the modem has to be installed by an engineer. NTL will not register modems over the phone for customers. Their Engineer has to do it.
Did they change the policy then as I hasd to install it myself over the phone?

SnoopZ
09-07-2006, 22:06
So did i, but that was along time ago when i bought my own modem. :)

Stuart
09-07-2006, 22:12

Yes.

mmm
09-07-2006, 23:48
Cable modem has no lights even after i turn the power off so can I assume that its died (has been on more or less constanly for 5 years ) Also is it possible for me to return it to ntl to be repared/replaced as due to my job I can't be at home to wait for an engineer even on saturdays :(

Why do you expect lights with the power off?. I guess you mean off and on!

No lights at suggest the power supply, its just as standard 12V 1.25A tip positive. The same as my scanner... might be worth checking it if you can until you can get an engineer out.

And yes my Terayon arrived by post - had to install it myself with help from Robin Walker and telephone PIN.

cjmillsnun
20-07-2006, 01:17
Mine died recently.

The engineer who replaced mine today (I now have a shiny NTL 250) said that there is a software error to do with the new speed upgrades.