PDA

View Full Version : Problem with TVOD

Lone Star
07-12-2003, 19:46
Yesterday, for the first time, I tried to buy a PPV movie. I got all the way through the process, PIN accepted etc., but when I tried to confirm the purchase I got a message saying it had not been possible to buy the event at this time, with an error code 1021.

This was only 5 minutes before the film was due to start, so I tried again with a different film later in the evening, with the same result. Of course it was after 18:00 on Saturday and ntl Customer Services is not available until tomorrow.

Anyone got any idea what the problem might be?

Proppinupthebar
07-12-2003, 20:09
I've not got access to the error codes from home. Can you press help on your remote and tell me what the connection status is?

Lone Star
07-12-2003, 20:14
Connection status 5 - on both my STBs.

Proppinupthebar
07-12-2003, 20:17
Connection status 5 - on both my STBs.

How long have you had cable mate? I have asked the DMC to check, but the it sounds like you don't have entitlements to purchase PPV. Its looking like a CS call I'm afraid. I'm waiting for a call back from the DMC to confirm.

Derek
07-12-2003, 20:26
From memory Error code 1021 is a problem with the ppv facility not being set up correctly on the box.

If you want to PM me your account number I can check it tomorrow morning for you.

Lone Star
07-12-2003, 20:26
Must be about 4-5 years now, digital for the past couple of years. Neither my wife nor I watch movies much, but now that the kids are earning and can pay for them from their own money...............

Lone Star
07-12-2003, 20:30
From memory Error code 1021 is a problem with the ppv facility not being set up correctly on the box.

If you want to PM me your account number I can check it tomorrow morning for you.

Ta for the offer, but my brother works for NTL so now that I know it's that kind of problem, and not just me being stupid, I'll have a word with him.

Proppinupthebar
07-12-2003, 20:49

I'll confirm it looks like the boxes aren't set up for PPV access. Lone star its gonna be a call to CS, or to your brother !!

Lone Star
07-12-2003, 21:02
I'll confirm it looks like the boxes aren't set up for PPV access. Lone star its gonna be a call to CS, or to your brother !!

Yeah, looks like it - thanks for your help.

Lone Star
08-12-2003, 12:05
Just to finish this off, I phoned CS this morning, got through within about three minutes and had the problem sorted within another three - none of the long queues I've experienced before, so I'm happy!! :)

asdf
08-12-2003, 22:27
Glad it was all sorted :D