PDA

View Full Version : I'll be gone for a while.

Nidge
07-07-2006, 22:39
The relationship has broken down and I'm moving out tomorrow morning, I'll not have internet access for a while so I'll see you all soon.

handyman
07-07-2006, 22:41
Sorry to here that nidge, hope you get things sorted out soon.

Enuff
07-07-2006, 22:41
Sorry to hear that Nidge :( Hope you get things sorted.. take care and see you SOON!! ;)

Nidge
07-07-2006, 23:05

These things come to triers as they say.

homealone
07-07-2006, 23:11

These things come to triers as they say.

hope it all works out, in the end :)

Halcyon
08-07-2006, 11:38
Sorry to hear about that Nidge.
I hope things get better for you soon.
See you on the forums when you get back online.

Jules
08-07-2006, 12:12
Aww Nidge I am so sorry to hear this, I hope it is something that can be sorted and also that you are back on line soon.

What ever happens I wish you well, going to miss you :(

Paul
08-07-2006, 12:18
Hurry back !

Nidge
10-07-2006, 10:53
Just a few lines to let you all know whats gone off, on Friday night
I did a silly thing, I tried to kill meself with an overdose of strong painkillers, I know it was a daft thing to do but I was missing my dad who died in April of last year.

orangebird
10-07-2006, 11:02
Just a few lines to let you all know whats gone off, on Friday night
I did a silly thing, I tried to kill meself with an overdose of strong painkillers, I know it was a daft thing to do but I was missing my dad who died in April of last year.
Oh no Nidge. I know the death of a loved one is something you never get over, but if you haven't been able to cope with it this far on, I really think you need to speak to someone professional and get some help sweetheart. Cruse (http://www.crusebereavementcare.org.uk/) are really good. Give them a call, you have nothing to lose. Thinking of you. xx

Skatoony
10-07-2006, 11:20
Woah Nidge, that's seriously bad. I hope everything gets sorted soon :(

zing_deleted
10-07-2006, 11:56
When my brother OD'ed they kept him in hostpital for over a week checking his levels as he took strong paracetamol based painkillers.They put him in an awful ward and basically they did this to scare him.Was you hospitalised? what happened did they flush you out or what? I know its not the most sensitive post your likely to get but when my brother did this I was very angry indeed that he put me and my family through this.

Paul K
10-07-2006, 12:02
Nidge man, take care of yourself and make sure you take some time out to talk to someone before you look to carry on with things as normal. You know where we are when you are back online again.

altis
10-07-2006, 12:14
Just don't even go there Nidge!

Over 10 years ago now, the partner of Mrs A's brother took her own life. Within two weeks her brother had gone too. I can tell you from direct experience that a suicide is totally devastating for all friends and family involved and the pain and the hurt never, ever, goes away. At the time it may seem like the only way out of a difficulty but it is a very selfish way.

Take each day at a time, talk to friends and get help - now!

Gareth
10-07-2006, 12:31
Like others, I've experienced a close family member taking their own life. It's a truly horrendous thing to happen to anybody, and no matter what you're going through right now, there are better ways to deal with it. Trust me - nothing is ever so bad that it's worth going down that road.

It's a clichÃÃâ€*’© but talking really really does help (as long as it's to the right people). I honestly hope you get through this.

Ramrod
10-07-2006, 12:33
........I know it was a daft thing to do but I was missing my dad who died in April of last year.I know how you feel m8 but killing yourself would be a pointless waste and your dad wouldn't want it. The pain of losing him will slowly diminish....

Mick
10-07-2006, 12:34
Eek - Take it easy Nidge. You got many friends here. :sorry:

Florence
10-07-2006, 13:02
Nidge talk to people talking over the problems help.

Jules
10-07-2006, 15:21
Aww Nidge I am sorry you are hurting so badly, I know what you are going through but it will get better please just hang on in there x

homealone
10-07-2006, 16:12
As has been said, there is support for you here, Nidge, you aren't alone.

You actually made me feel a little guilty, I had a terrible relationship with my father & when i was told he had died, I didn't really feel any grief, at all.

So, as silly as it may sound, you are, in some way, lucky to have had the feelings you've been experiencing and should build on that, so you can look back & remember the good things that you shared, with your dad - and continue with your life so those memories can be cherished as long as possible. :)

Nidge
10-07-2006, 18:48
Oh no Nidge. I know the death of a loved one is something you never get over, but if you haven't been able to cope with it this far on, I really think you need to speak to someone professional and get some help sweetheart. Cruse (http://www.crusebereavementcare.org.uk/) are really good. Give them a call, you have nothing to lose. Thinking of you. xx
Last week was the worse week of my life, I had a feeling no one wanted me, all I wanted to do was stop in with the missus and the kids and me dad, I wasn't bothered about going work, all I wanted to do was stop at home, I was getting the feeling no one wanted me and on Friday night I literally lost the plot and took an OD, the feeling I had before I took the tablets was something I never want to go through again, the feeling I had when I took the tablets was another feeling I never want to experience again.

When your at an all time low in life there is nothing to bring you back from the brink of harming yourself.

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

When my brother OD'ed they kept him in hostpital for over a week checking his levels as he took strong paracetamol based painkillers.They put him in an awful ward and basically they did this to scare him.Was you hospitalised? what happened did they flush you out or what? I know its not the most sensitive post your likely to get but when my brother did this I was very angry indeed that he put me and my family through this.

They gave me charcoal to dissolve the tablets, Jesus tasted fowl.

Jules
11-07-2006, 10:36
Nidge have they given you any follow up or have they told you to go to your GP? I think you need to talk to some one about depression and what can be done to help you get through it

Halcyon
11-07-2006, 10:47
Just wanted to add like everyone else here that we are her e if you ever need to chat and that we wish you all the best.
Sometimes life get's so low it's as if everything is going wrong.....But it slowly does get better and you will see that things can gradually get back on track.
Take care.

Nidge
11-07-2006, 17:57
Nidge have they given you any follow up or have they told you to go to your GP? I think you need to talk to some one about depression and what can be done to help you get through it

I had 2 councillors come to see me on Sunday afternoon, they said I'm suffering from delayed grieving, the reckon logically I've grieved but emotionally I've not, they said the best thing to get over it is sit on your own in a room with nothing playing like the TV, Radio etc etc. They said have some quiet timeon your own.

Jules
13-07-2006, 14:38
If you want to talk about how you are feeling at any time Pm me and I will give you my email addy

kronas
13-07-2006, 14:51
I had 2 councillors come to see me on Sunday afternoon, they said I'm suffering from delayed grieving, the reckon logically I've grieved but emotionally I've not, they said the best thing to get over it is sit on your own in a room with nothing playing like the TV, Radio etc etc. They said have some quiet timeon your own.

hi, im currently going through my own thing at the moment which is unrelated but i ve 'od'd before it does not help anyone, you end up causing confusion and question marks, anyway if you ever want to talk then pm me, i know what its like to be in a situation where you just give up on life, being on your own is not always a good thing, sometimes you need someone to talk to, ill be there for you :)

Nidge
14-07-2006, 19:10
Just an update on things, I'm back at my mums as things have gone belly up at home, it really really is a bad time in my life right now I don't know which way to turn, I have no one to talk to I don't want to bother my mum because she's got enough on her plate right now.

Jules
14-07-2006, 20:04
I am really sorry things are not working out at home and that you have had to move out. A trip to your doctors on Monday seems like a good idea for some help and possibly counseling.

Email me ok :)

Maggy
14-07-2006, 20:29
Just an update on things, I'm back at my mums as things have gone belly up at home, it really really is a bad time in my life right now I don't know which way to turn, I have no one to talk to I don't want to bother my mum because she's got enough on her plate right now.

Are you sure about that?If there was one person who could help you with your grief about your father it would surely be your mother?Do you think it would upset her?I can assure you that I doubt it would make her hate you.

When my father died I was 13.I tried to hide it from my mother how upset I was because I didn't want to upset her.In the end though we both helped each other to accept and come to terms with his death.It took some time but we got through the grieving process together.Eventually we both moved on.She found a new partner and I grew up and moved on with my life.

Talk to your mother.

carlingman
15-07-2006, 02:47
Are you sure about that?If there was one person who could help you with your grief about your father it would surely be your mother?Do you think it would upset her?I can assure you that I doubt it would make her hate you.

When my father died I was 13.I tried to hide it from my mother how upset I was because I didn't want to upset her.In the end though we both helped each other to accept and come to terms with his death.It took some time but we got through the grieving process together.Eventually we both moved on.She found a new partner and I grew up and moved on with my life.

Talk to your mother.

:tu:

Can only 2nd what Incog has said above as I have been through this in the opposite and lost me Mam at a young age (17) and grew closer to me dad by talking about it and sharing the grief.

Worked out worse for me as 10 years later lost me Dad as well.

But as Incog mentioned above during those 10 years did manage to move on and grow up and mature rather quicker than most 17 years olds.

:tu:

Nidge
15-07-2006, 18:51
I am really sorry things are not working out at home and that you have had to move out. A trip to your doctors on Monday seems like a good idea for some help and possibly counseling.

Email me ok :)

Thanks Jules Email on it's way.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

Talk to your mother.

I know what you mean but my mother has got enough on her plate at the moment, she's been a rock for the family over this last year. All she needs now is my problems with me trying to top myself and all that.

Chimaera
15-07-2006, 19:59
But that's what us Mums are for! Honestly, I'm sure she would feel worse if you didn't tell her. I know after my Dad died suddenly I did all the arrangements etc as she couldn't cope, so I didn't have time to grieve - I also had 2 children under 2 to look after and Mum was very dependent on me for a year or so. I felt I couldn't talk to her and ended up ringing the Samaritans one afternoon as I felt I couldn't cope and really needed someone to talk to. The lady I spoke to was so helpful, and suggested I told my Mum how I felt - so I did. She was really upset that I hadn't confided in her and said she had been worried that I was bottling things up.
Only you know the situation with your Mum - but it's worth thinking about. :hugs:

Angua
15-07-2006, 22:28
Please share this with your Mom Nidge, she will understand and help. I never shared my Fathers death with my Mum and it soured our relationship from then onwards.

At least you are still with family. A local chap has dissapeared (not suspiciously) without a word for over a month now leaving his wife and children totally bewildered and confused.

etccarmageddon
15-07-2006, 23:36
thinking about you Nidge - keep your chin up.

homealone
16-07-2006, 00:08
thinking about you Nidge - keep your chin up.

and never understimate your mum, if you can share with us, you can share with her, imo :)

Nidge
23-08-2006, 19:27
Just a quick update to let you all know how I'm getting on, it's true what they say every day gets better, I'm still at my mums we often talk about my dad and the daft things he used to do, we got all the old photos out yesterday me mum was in her eye holes, she knew the dates when they were taken and the places, we had a right laugh. It's good living at your mothers because she spoils me rotten:D :D :D :D She only charges me £40 a week, I have to shove that in her hand because if I didn't she'd not take anything from me, I'm off up to Newcastle on Monday for a few days to visit a few mates I have who live up there, no doubt I'll have one hell of a bad head next week:D :D :D

Thanks to you all on here who told me to keep my chin up which I did, thanks folks you lot are stars.:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

altis
23-08-2006, 20:39
It's good to know you're still around Nidge.

Nugget
23-08-2006, 20:45
Good news Nidge - glad to hear that you're still plodding along like the rest of us :)

Have a good time in the Toon - I'll have a few beers to celebrate with you :D

Florence
24-08-2006, 11:36
Thats good news have fun and remember if you can't be good be careful.

superbiatch
24-08-2006, 12:26
I don't know you nidge, but i just thought i'd reply cos your story has turned into one filled of hope now :D See how much better things can get in a short space of time, and they'll keep getting better and better.

My story is different, just over 12 months ago i was in a very similar place to you. Feeling worthless and convinced myself that nobody would miss me if i just slipped away - i slipped into the depths of depression, my world had ended :erm:

It took a lot to ask for help and when i got it, only then did i start to see the light. Its now that i look back and see how irrational i was and just how important i am. We live our lives for everyone else these days and sometimes you have to take stock and think about yourself for a change - you are important, you do matter, people will miss you and you should enjoy every single minute on this planet with the people you love and doing the things you enjoy :D

I'm sure you'll look back too and maybe even bring hope to someone else.

Have a great weekend, I intend to ; :D

SB

Jules
24-08-2006, 12:32
Great news Nidge, I knew you could do it, have fun :D

Nidge
25-08-2006, 17:55
Great news Nidge, I knew you could do it, have fun :D

I intend to Jules:D :D :D

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

I don't know you nidge, but i just thought i'd reply cos your story has turned into one filled of hope now :D See how much better things can get in a short space of time, and they'll keep getting better and better.

My story is different, just over 12 months ago i was in a very similar place to you. Feeling worthless and convinced myself that nobody would miss me if i just slipped away - i slipped into the depths of depression, my world had ended :erm:

It took a lot to ask for help and when i got it, only then did i start to see the light. Its now that i look back and see how irrational i was and just how important i am. We live our lives for everyone else these days and sometimes you have to take stock and think about yourself for a change - you are important, you do matter, people will miss you and you should enjoy every single minute on this planet with the people you love and doing the things you enjoy :D

I'm sure you'll look back too and maybe even bring hope to someone else.

Have a great weekend, I intend to ; :D

SB

I can see where your coming from 100% with that cracking post, when people tell you that every day gets better you just sit there and think yeah right, what they are saying is true though every day does get better and better and better.