PDA

View Full Version : Dial-up no. for broadband user away from home

onyx26
06-07-2006, 17:07
Hi folks. I've called NTL about this simple question, but they really didn't seem to understand what I was asking, so wondered if someone here could help.

I'm on NTL broadband and will be away for the weekend, so am taking my laptop with me. Whilst away I need to to keep in contact with various people using Outlook Express, so need a PAYG dial-up number. Most broadband services come with a back up dial-up number anyway, but I can't find any info on the NTL site.

Anyone know if there is a dial-up number that will accept my regular log-on details for while I'm away?

Thanks for any help!

bongman_uk
06-07-2006, 17:55
I use www.freeuk.com (http://www.freeuk.com)

Not great, but you only pay for the price of the call

oh yeah, and the email account they give you will be spammed to ... er infinity ;)

onyx26
06-07-2006, 19:19
Thanks bongman - although I specifically want to use NTL as I won't need to change any settings for my email.

danielf
06-07-2006, 19:21
Thanks bongman - although I specifically want to use NTL as I won't need to change any settings for my email.

You can always use webmail, once you're connected to the web.

onyx26
06-07-2006, 20:37
I have a lot of addresses in my contacts list though and I also need to respond to emails already recieved. It would be an option, although not as ideal as dial-up.

King Of Fools
06-07-2006, 20:48
I do not believe you can call NTL dialup from a non-NTL line.

However, NTL also run Virgin and Tesco ISPs so you should be able to use their PAYG dialup and still access your NTL email.