PDA

View Full Version : Slow Internet :(

Spitfire16
03-07-2006, 19:55
Well to day My internet going really slow

I Live in Sale
Im on MB

Takes about 10 Minutes to load up

www.genesisknights.com (http://www.genesisknights.com)

Took me about 15 Minutes to sign into this Website

Are there any known Problems in my Area?

Wicked_and_Crazy
03-07-2006, 20:10
took less that 30 secs to get onto that site.

However i am having problems with other sites

MiGhTy_uK
03-07-2006, 20:24
heey.. same here.. i live in stretford.. and last week my internet was soo slow. Week before that, NTl came to my house to fix it but then it was fine for 1 week ONLY. Now its slow again they promised to come today but thy didnt, i have 10mbit im tired of this, any1 else got problems??

Enuff
03-07-2006, 20:29
My connection has been up and down for a while now, but today has been superfast, the link above was fully loaded within 4 seconds. :tu:

I'm just up the road in salford/swinton.

MiGhTy_uK
03-07-2006, 20:34
daaamn.. i dont understand why mine is soo slow.. when i download its slow, ive also got a mini webserver running here and thats the reason for im so worried upload speed is completely GONE.. wen i test it what i get is 40-70 kbps... even BT is better.. lol..

AbyssUnderground
03-07-2006, 21:36
ive also got a mini webserver running here and thats the reason for im so worried upload speed is completely GONE.

Problem solved. That server is taking all your upload bandwidth which means downloads can not get through as akt packets are few and far between. Limit the upload on the server or turn it off. Running 2 servers from the broadband myself, I know thats the first place to start, though I usually dont have to as the max speed is 40KB/s (My max is roughly 50KB/s).

MiGhTy_uK
03-07-2006, 22:11
haha no thats not what i mean its off right now i removed it etc completely to test the speed and now still its slow :). So thats why, otherwise i wouldnt worry at all and just think that its the webserver takin all the speed but its not. :(

xathras
04-07-2006, 07:06
same problem last few days in chorlton