PDA

View Full Version : The marathon

Prezo
03-07-2006, 19:47
I did a 10k run the other day, and to be honest I felt pretty good. I did it in 40 minutes, and my prep was 8 pints the night before and a pizza for lunch on the day.
All my mates who have done the marathon have done really extreme things, like not drink for 3 months.
Is this really needed? Reckon I could do it without giving up beer and pizza.

MovedGoalPosts
03-07-2006, 19:55
So that's a shade under a quarter of the marathon distance.

It's also running a mile every 6 minute 45 seconds. That's fairly impressive as it would give you an under 3:00 hours time.

I'd suspect you got lucky and you are already quite fit. Either that or this thread is a bit of a wind up :erm:

But realistically, I think you need a lot more training to go the full distance.

zing_deleted
03-07-2006, 20:04
Theres a big difference between being fit and being healthy by all means run a marathon on a diet of beer and pizza .I will see you in the coronary unit saying told you so eventually

Jules
03-07-2006, 21:24
Just think how well you would do if you did prepare :tu:

danielf
03-07-2006, 21:36
I'd need 8 pints before I'd even consider running 10k. Let alone a marathon :disturbd:

Nidge
04-07-2006, 04:54
I did a 10k run the other day, and to be honest I felt pretty good. I did it in 40 minutes, and my prep was 8 pints the night before and a pizza for lunch on the day.
All my mates who have done the marathon have done really extreme things, like not drink for 3 months.

The Pizza would have done you some good with the carbs, as for the beer??????????????????????

Kliro
04-07-2006, 07:42
The Pizza would have done you some good with the carbs, as for the beer??????????????????????

Hydration ;) :D

Strzelecki
04-07-2006, 09:24
No, dehydration. But Carbs also.

Nidge
05-07-2006, 04:54
Hydration ;) :D

LOL:D

---------- Post added at 04:54 ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 ----------

I was reading a story a few years ago about an athelete who drunk 4 pints of Guiness a night then did his training in the morning. He said a little of what you like does you no harm.