PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of any legit "Work at home" jobs.

AdamD
03-07-2006, 17:26
Allways been a dream of mine to work at home, doing basic typing stuff.

But finding such a job is near impossible, at least from all the searching/researching i've done
95% of more jobs which are advertised require money and then turn out to be pyramid type schemes, or health affiliate rubbish.

Is there ANY company who legitimatly hires people to work from home?

Nidge
03-07-2006, 18:30
Allways been a dream of mine to work at home, doing basic typing stuff.

But finding such a job is near impossible, at least from all the searching/researching i've done
95% of more jobs which are advertised require money and then turn out to be pyramid type schemes, or health affiliate rubbish.

Is there ANY company who legitimatly hires people to work from home?

You could do with a job like a remote worker where you take calls from home through your PC then inputing the jobs into a database., a guy who I know works from home taking calls on behalf of airlines, solicitors, Plumbers, glaziers, and emergency calls for all manner of compaines. He's not on a decent wage but, he gets his internet paid for + he gets free phone calls. I think he's on £6.00 per hour but after 9pm he gets £9.50 and hour. He likes working nights because he gets paid extra:D :D :D

Shaun
03-07-2006, 19:16
Who's that with Nidge?

Nidge
03-07-2006, 19:29
Who's that with Nidge?

A firm round here does it Shaun, they find it cheaper to employ people to work remotely rather than employ them in offices, they still have a few staff in the offices but most of the workforce are employed remotely. I'll find out the name of the firm, he reckons the job is spot on, like I said all the calls get routed through his PC at home, he just answers the calls then inputs the data then that's it. I was talking to him the other week, he'd just done the bank holiday monday, they gave him £15.00 per hour plus a day off in liu.

handyman
03-07-2006, 19:34
Try here for more info http://www.tca.org.uk/index.php

AdamD
03-07-2006, 19:49
A firm round here does it Shaun, they find it cheaper to employ people to work remotely rather than employ them in offices, they still have a few staff in the offices but most of the workforce are employed remotely. I'll find out the name of the firm, he reckons the job is spot on, like I said all the calls get routed through his PC at home, he just answers the calls then inputs the data then that's it. I was talking to him the other week, he'd just done the bank holiday monday, they gave him £15.00 per hour plus a day off in liu.

Sounds interesting, i'd be interested in hearing about this company to....

Nidge
03-07-2006, 20:12
Sounds interesting, i'd be interested in hearing about this company to....

When I see him at the weekend I'll get all the info from him.

AdamD
03-07-2006, 21:35
Thanks Nidge, much appreciated.

budwieser
03-07-2006, 23:41
When I see him at the weekend I'll get all the info from him.

Any chance of the info also Nidge? :)

Anonymouse
04-07-2006, 00:00
One cautionary note, Adam: if you intend to run a business from home, it must not be a council-owned property - there are by-laws about that. If you own or are buying your own home it's obviously no problem, but if it's a council house/flat/whatever it's illegal. Whether those by-laws apply to privately rented or let properties I don't know; in that event you'd have to ask the landlord, I suppose.

I'm toying with the idea myself, as I hate my job and would happily trade it in for doing something for myself - in my case, making a living building models. It can be done; I know that for a fact because I know at least two blokes who do just that. But I live in a council flat, and on £6 an hour I very much doubt I could get any sort of decent mortgage; and incurring a five-figure debt before I even get the business up and running doesn't seem to me to be a good idea.

So apart from all that, good luck!