PDA

View Full Version : Sky to offer firmware downgrade on Sky +

Stuart
03-07-2006, 16:55
An update for the Sky + firmware released last thursday has hit a slight snag. It prevents any Version 1 Sky + box made by Pace, where the user has upgraded the hard drive, from coming out of standby mode.

It looks like Sky initially laid the blame on those boxes with non-standard specifications, and refused to fix them.

However, it seems they have since relented and re-released the old firmware. If your box has died, try the following (be warned, it could take a long tine, and like all firmware upgrades, don't unplug the box).

Apparently, the procedure for installing the old firmware is as follows:

1) Switch the box off at the mains
2) Hold the backup button on the front of the box and switch the mains back on.
3) After 20 seconds, all four LEDs on the front of the box should light. Release the backup button.
4) The TV screen will now show "Updating Systen Software. Do not disconnect from mains supply or satellite dish".

Original article: http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/07/03/sky_/

Kwaart
19-08-2006, 17:50
Sky + upgraded my firm ware on the 13/8/06. This rended my box unfit for purpose. It was no longer able to pause, rewind, record or view any of my previous recordings. Speaking to the sky engineer today, he reckoned that sky try to dump too much info all at once and this crashes the Hard drive occasionally. No one at sky would admit it was the fault of the upgraded firm ware. After threatening to cancel my subscription, they agreed to send an engineer free of charge who replaced the entire box without asking any questions....