PDA

View Full Version : Bloody hayfever

zing_deleted
03-07-2006, 14:49
Thought I had this managed been taking tabs for weeks double dosing most days and ive been fine no real problems until today.
Went walking into town forgot my sunglasses but thought nothing of it,Towns about 25 mins walk away and as soon as I got there my right eye just started to hurt awful within a min my left felt the same so I had to rush off to find a sink I looked like I was crying (what a freak) to wash my eyes . Was ok for a minute soon as I got outside again streaming. Im now home with curtains closed windows and doors closed and my eyes are just ouch.Bloody alergies to the summer :(
Any suggestions for eye drops?

Nugget
03-07-2006, 15:10
Personally, I never got on with eyedrops - they always seemed to make them worse. It might be worth trying a nasal spray - I don't use them anymore (basically 'cos my nose doesn't work properly anyway), but I always found Beconase to quite good. I think it's available over the counter, so it might be worth checking in your local chemists.

HTH :tu:

Enuff
03-07-2006, 15:23
Have you tried smearing vaseline inside your nostrils?

EDIT: inside your NOSTRILS :tu:

zing_deleted
03-07-2006, 15:53
Have you tried smearing vaseline inside your nostrils?

EDIT: inside your NOSTRILS :tu:

No ive never even thought of it ill try though

and the beconase nug cheers :) think its a red hair thing

Nugget
03-07-2006, 15:57
No ive never even thought of it ill try though

and the beconase nug cheers :) think its a red hair thing

Well, I'm not sure my hair's got anything to do with my nose being knackered, but it definitely didn't help with the hayfever :disturbd:

zing_deleted
03-07-2006, 16:02
you knew thats what I ment you pedantic git bag you ;)

Nugget
03-07-2006, 16:22

Oi! Who are you calling a bag :D

Kliro
03-07-2006, 20:32
I've never suffered any havfever effects until this summer.

I found out it was because the guy at the back who made honey moved, so we didn't get his honey anymore, I'm back to using local honey now though and the hayfevers gone :)

ben1390
05-07-2006, 16:13
I suffer from hayfever but my eyes don't itch, i just get a blocked nose

pedantic
05-07-2006, 16:18

:tiptoe:

Salu
05-07-2006, 16:47
Try sodium cromoglicate drops. Your pharmacist will be able to advise you on this too.
What antihistamine tablets are you taking btw? And the other thing is; do you wear contact lenses?

zing_deleted
05-07-2006, 17:08
cetirizine dihydrochloride and my no contacts :)

Boxers
05-07-2006, 22:43
Opticrom eye drops. (Sodium Cromoglycate) - works for me. Had exactly the same problem today. Change in the weather perhaps ??

You may need to try a few out to see which suits you. I was sold an own brand once, "it's the same just cheaper" - yeah right. Stung like ****. The problem is that the active ingredient may be the same, but the preservatives are different, hence the sting (for me anyway).