PDA

View Full Version : opinions wanted please

kronas
06-12-2003, 14:58
as christmas is upon us soon i thought i would send a card to the princess :romance:

now i thought about doing a sort of covering letter highlighting her basically about her and what i think

but i changed the idea and came up with this

serious answers please :wavey:

Dearest, Avril

I may weep or cry, but the face i see in the distance makes me smile.

The thoughts and prayers of solitude, are answered by an instant thought of one human........

To pre judge is to be fickle, but to listen to a soul that yearns, peace is wanted.

To block thoughts of happiness is crude, but to think of that smile those eyes and beautiful hair is no sin.

The creative mind knows no bounds, only to express and gain.

The sweet yet innocent look deserts ones fear of knowing no bounds, but only to pacify and exceed an expectance.

I see the warmth of beauty and a angelic voice ever present.

Fame comes to many but a star is rare, is it supernatural ? as precious as gold.

The answer lies within the person who is gifted.

copyright kronas 2003 quotes shall only be used in this thread any duplication editing or any changes made will result in prosecution

:D

Nor
06-12-2003, 15:07
As you wanted opinions here is mine. There is nothing wrong with liking a singer for her music, or even fancying her if you think she is attractive. But sending letters and poems is a sign that its affecting you far too deeply to be good for you.

Not what you wanted to hear, but its my opinion, sorry.

dieselking
06-12-2003, 16:17
As you wanted opinions here is mine. There is nothing wrong with liking a singer for her music, or even fancying her if you think she is attractive. But sending letters and poems is a sign that its affecting you far too deeply to be good for you.

No he isn't, Kronas is just sending a letter to someone he likes & admires. It is in no way a sign that he is in too deep. Lots of people (young & old) write letters to celebraties ( i have, I written to Paul King about 3 times in the past 7 years)

It's a nice letter Kronie, u send it :)

Dave Stones
06-12-2003, 16:18
who is paul king? :shrug:

dieselking
06-12-2003, 16:22
who is paul king? :shrug:

LOL :bigcry: He was a singer in the eighties then was a VJ on vh1 for years & years.Now he's the main producer on the channel.

Sorry Kronie, I know this is your thread

Russ
06-12-2003, 16:38
Kronas, you forgot to add the line....

"...and if you don't write back, you'll find a horse's bum under your pillow" :D

Only joking, I hope you get a response :)

Russ
06-12-2003, 16:54
Anyone else getting visions here of David Brent from The Office playing his guitar and singing to Dawn when she's just had a big argument with her boyfriend?? :D ;)

dieselking
06-12-2003, 17:02
Anyone else getting visions here of David Brent from The Office playing his guitar and singing to Dawn when she's just had a big argument with her boyfriend?? :D ;)

People are trying to help & support Kronas after he has been having a rough time, thats all

Sociable
06-12-2003, 17:04
Nothing wrong with dreams just remember not to miss the gold arround you while reaching for the silver in the stars.

Russ
06-12-2003, 17:05
People are trying to help & support Kronas after he has been having a rough time, thats all

I'm not making fun of him or anything, I admire Kronny for his loyalty to someone/thing he believes in, and really, I think we ought to hear about it if he gets a reply :)

Nor
06-12-2003, 17:09
There is nothing wrong with following your dreams. I just feel though that writing heart wrenching poetry to a pop star for christmas is a little on the obsessive side. Its one step away from hanging around outside Michael Jacksons hotel all night singing his songs and denying hes mental as he hangs a baby out the window :)

Its all very well saying Kronos is young so let him do what he wants. He's already said elsewhere on these forums that he doesn't want people to judge him by his age. So just as he doesn't want people to say he's wrong cos hes young, he won't want people to use his age as an excuse either.

At the end of the day, what matters is our happiness. If this makes Kronos happy then thats good. He asked for opinions though and I'm just giving mine, wrong though you may think it is.

philip.j.fry
06-12-2003, 17:25
I'm not making fun of him or anything, I admire Kronny for his loyalty to someone/thing he believes in, and really, I think we ought to hear about it if he gets a reply :)

We could always go and have a few words with her if he doesn't :)

On the serious side, it's a lovely bit of poetry. However, I'd be worried about Ms Lavine's reaction to it, I don't know much about her personality but I'd be inclined to think that she may react negatively to it...a few words like 'wierdo' might spring to her mind because she knows nothing about Kronas and why he's writing it.

At the end of the day though, you should just do what makes you happiest Kronas.

kronas
06-12-2003, 17:28
There is nothing wrong with following your dreams. I just feel though that writing heart wrenching poetry to a pop star for christmas is a little on the obsessive side. Its one step away from hanging around outside Michael Jacksons hotel all night singing his songs and denying hes mental as he hangs a baby out the window :)

michael jackson has nothing to do with this thread...........

this is not 'heart wrenching' poetry this is my personal view on someone i admire i would not hang around the hotel all night there is a line and i know if i cross it

Its all very well saying Kronos is young so let him do what he wants. He's already said elsewhere on these forums that he doesn't want people to judge him by his age. So just as he doesn't want people to say he's wrong cos hes young, he won't want people to use his age as an excuse either.

your correct up until a point yes i dont want to be treated diffarently because of my age but the point is on this forum if im wrong ill hold my hands up and admit im wrong i have done this before i dont claim to know everything i have a view that i think is right whether it goes on experiance or knowledge i will prove my point

At the end of the day, what matters is our happiness. If this makes Kronos happy then thats good. He asked for opinions though and I'm just giving mine, wrong though you may think it is.

i think many can agree your opinion is not one thats agreed with due to your misunderstanding of what i have put on the forum not the first time :rolleyes:

No he isn't, Kronas is just sending a letter to someone he likes & admires. It is in no way a sign that he is in too deep. Lots of people (young & old) write letters to celebraties ( i have, I written to Paul King about 3 times in the past 7 years)

thanks for being so understanding unlike some :waving:

It's a nice letter Kronie, u send it :)

i have until monday to add or ammend this i shall post the finished atricle on here

i will be printing it out and using MS word in a diffarent font then possibly adding some blends to it around the words

i will state publicly that i do like her attributes as a singer/writer/preformer as the primary reason

i know shes not the best looking but i have admiration for someone who has talent i like to show my appreciation

Kronas, I know I've mocked you for your obsession in the past but this is nice. The only suggestion is to remove the "but"s.

thank you it took me a bit of time to think and be in a certain frame of mind

Nor
06-12-2003, 17:32
If you want to argue with peoples opinions on a thread where you asked for them fairy nuff.

kronas
06-12-2003, 17:48
We could always go and have a few words with her if he doesn't :)

i have the DVD on there it showed her with a mountain of mail in her bedroom that she keeps she does reply if you give her time she has stated if you want a reply or a signed photo send a SAE wth your letter

On the serious side, it's a lovely bit of poetry. However, I'd be worried about Ms Lavine's reaction to it, I don't know much about her personality but I'd be inclined to think that she may react negatively to it...a few words like 'wierdo' might spring to her mind because she knows nothing about Kronas and why he's writing it.

as a suggested title and what i mean by it........ i call it

Avril Lavigne - My View

At the end of the day though, you should just do what makes you happiest Kronas.

sending this is not a forgone conclusion the original idea was to send a letter explaining how and why i like her music lyrics etc but thats what many do i wanted to adress something diffarently its not a 'love' poetry its more expressive of what i think she portrays in my personal view and i mean personal

If you want to argue with peoples opinions on a thread where you asked for them fairy nuff.

its the point of discussion especially when asked you give your side of the story you have as much right as anyone to comment in this thread

Sociable
06-12-2003, 17:51

I think you need to appreciate that in this case you answered a different question than that which was asked.

Kronas is simply seeking views on the "content" of his letter in an attempt to make it as good as possible.

That said I too picked up on the "other" issues raised but I hope with a little more constructive advice for someone still not 100% sure of himself right now.

I know you like me meant no harm but maybe had misunderstood why he started the thread which accounts for his reaction to your post.

kronas
06-12-2003, 23:35
ok here is my almost complete attempt to send something to her it might still be changed or ammended although the last picture in the last page might have to be replaced as the affect did not come out too well on paper

Download Failed (1)

Download Failed (1)

DrAwesome
06-12-2003, 23:42
LOL :bigcry: He was a singer in the eighties then was a VJ on vh1 for years & years.Now he's the main producer on the channel.

Sorry Kronie, I know this is your thread

Did he sing Love and Pride?

Ramrod
06-12-2003, 23:45

It's a nice letter Kronie, u send it :)Sorry.....Who's Paul King?
edit- just read the rest of the thread and I'm still none the wiser :confused:

Ramrod
06-12-2003, 23:51
ok here is my almost complete attempt to send something to her it might still be changed or ammended although the last picture in the last page might have to be replaced as the affect did not come out too well on paper

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kronas/avril%20doc%201.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kronas/avril%20doc%202.jpg
imo, she would not want to look at pictures of herself whilst reading the poetry(thats just creepy). Think about it- would you want to read stuff from an admirer with pics of you all over it? You would do better by replacing those with pictures/graphics/art that you think she may like and that go with the words.
(good effort though)

kronas
06-12-2003, 23:53
imo, she would not want to look at pictures of herself whilst reading the poetry(thats just creepy). Think about it- would you want to read stuff from an admirer with pics of you all over it? You would do better by replacing those with pictures/graphics/art that you think she may like and that go with the words.

true but it looks kind of plain well the paper does with just the writing

DrAwesome
07-12-2003, 00:00
Sorry.....Who's Paul King?

Lead singer of 80's band King (i think)

imback
07-12-2003, 00:05
I'd go with who ever said to remove the pics of her, put some arty pics in instead mate :)

danielf
07-12-2003, 00:06
(good effort though)

Yes. definitely loose the pics. It would look a bit silly when you send it to her.

Did he sing Love and Pride? I think that's the one...
Remember the video with Paul King in his green suit spray painting his shoes (and some younger kids ones as wel)? Now where's that :cringe: icon...

Ramrod
07-12-2003, 00:07
true but it looks kind of plain well the paper does with just the writing
Just put in art that she'd like.

Ramrod
07-12-2003, 00:08
Yes. definitely loose the pics. It would look a bit silly when you send it to her.

..But all right on your bedroom wall.

danielf
07-12-2003, 00:13
BTW Kronas, may I compliment you on the punctuation in this poem.

Now, I know it is a tall order, but seeing that we all know you can do it now, could you put in a bit more effort on this forum :) (please ;))

kronas
07-12-2003, 01:06
BTW Kronas, may I compliment you on the punctuation in this poem.

you certainly can thank you :)

Now, I know it is a tall order, but seeing that we all know you can do it now, could you put in a bit more effort on this forum :) (please ;))

i hoped i got it right ill try to use it a bit more in my posts cant promise anything as it takes me longer to type stuff up then.....

Just put in art that she'd like.

i have no idea what she would like i know her fav word is F*ck though ;)

yes i shall take them off got over zealoous there :Peace:

I'd go with who ever said to remove the pics of her, put some arty pics in instead mate :)

please elaborate im not a arty person have zero creativity :rolleyes:

dieselking
07-12-2003, 01:44
Did he sing Love and Pride?

Yep, he did :)

dieselking
07-12-2003, 01:49
Sorry.....Who's Paul King?

LOL, Don't worry about it Ramrod :) No one's heard of him (Sad little me is probably his only fan) :cry: :cry: LOL

Russ
07-12-2003, 01:51
No, actually I thought he was good on VH1, but in his Love and Pride days he had quite an alarming mullet :erm: :D

dieselking
07-12-2003, 01:58
No, actually I thought he was good on VH1, but in his Love and Pride days he had quite an alarming mullet :erm: :D

:) Thank u Russ :) I admit he is a pretty crap singer. I like him more for his looks :)

(every other woman is now scatching their head thinking "what bloody looks" LOL)

EDIT what does mullet mean?? :shrug: Hair????

Russ
07-12-2003, 09:10
:) Thank u Russ :) I admit he is a pretty crap singer. I like him more for his looks :)

(every other woman is now scatching their head thinking "what bloody looks" LOL)

Yes, it was that dodgy style that everyone had in the eighties, short on top and long at the back :spin:

kronas
07-12-2003, 19:11
here is my second attempt as ever what do you all think ?

Download Failed (1)

Download Failed (1)

Stuart
07-12-2003, 19:25

Well, I did a bit of googling. I found one fan site. The Google translation is at:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/kingfan/storia.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3DPaul%2BKing%2BVH1%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%2 6ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8

And for an example of a mullet, either look at the attached image or think of Peter Stringfellow...

Stuart
07-12-2003, 19:36
Kronas, good luck. I hope you get a nice reply from Avril..

kronas
07-12-2003, 19:50
That's much better Kronas, now get it printed at the highest setting on some good quality paper and send it off.

Let us know when you get a reply

i will let you people know ill make damn sure of that :p fingers crossed i should get a reply might take a while as there will be alot of mail and shes recording her album so its busy busy busy

dieselking
07-12-2003, 21:05

Download Failed (1)

Download Failed (1)

It is a very nice letter Kronie & I like the Christmas pictures u have use. I really hope u do get a reply from Avril. :) :)

Well, I did a bit of googling. I found one fan site. The Google translation is at:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/kingfan/storia.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3DPaul%2BKing%2BVH1%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%2 6ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8

Thanks for the link Stu :)

Ramrod
07-12-2003, 21:13
LOL, Don't worry about it Ramrod :) No one's heard of him (Sad little me is probably his only fan) :cry: :cry: LOLDon't worry, I can remember him....and his mullet :D

Ramrod
07-12-2003, 21:16

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kronas/av try 2.1.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kronas/av try 2.2.JPG
Much better. :D

Stuart
07-12-2003, 21:22
Thanks for the link Stu :)
I just hope Google can translate it properly.

dieselking
07-12-2003, 21:50
i will let you people know ill make damn sure of that :p fingers crossed i should get a reply might take a while as there will be alot of mail and shes recording her album so its busy busy busy

Have u sent it yet Kronie? :)

kronas
07-12-2003, 22:44
Have u sent it yet Kronie? :)

no i was taking my time tonight trying to sort it noticed a punctuation error so will correct it and use some premium photo paper toomrorow it shall be sent on tuesday (fingers crossed)

zoombini
08-12-2003, 09:13
Is this also going to be on your Avril fan site? nudge nudge...:D

Chris
08-12-2003, 09:37
copyright kronas 2003 quotes shall only be used in this thread any duplication editing or any changes made will result in prosecution

:D
I'm surprised no-one has commented on this, I think it's the best line in the whole poem ;)

Go on, send it to her, you never know, you might melt her heart :romance:

etccarmageddon
08-12-2003, 10:54
surprisingly I do remember this female 'star' who in an interview talked about a fan who sent her poetry and if I remember rightly she was not only impressed but also wanted to meet the person but couldnt cos he sent it annonomously!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0804700

Dave Stones
08-12-2003, 12:30
surprisingly I do remember this female 'star' who in an interview talked about a fan who sent her poetry and if I remember rightly she was not only impressed but also wanted to meet the person but couldnt cos he sent it annonomously!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0804700

if only i had any idea who that was...

etccarmageddon
08-12-2003, 12:42
it's the bird from the papa/nicole french themed car adverts from 10 years ago.

Sociable
08-12-2003, 12:52
it's the bird from the papa/nicole french themed car adverts from 10 years ago.

Also played the "Brussles Sprout" in "From Hell" I believe.

etccarmageddon
08-12-2003, 12:55
you are indeed correct mr sociable.

kronas
08-12-2003, 15:40
I'm surprised no-one has commented on this, I think it's the best line in the whole poem ;)

:dozey:

Go on, send it to her, you never know, you might melt her heart :romance:

i doubt ill proberbly not get a reply and it will get binned with the words stalker springing to mind :disturbd:

this is in no way a romantic poem but one about feelings and what she makes me feel like :angel:

Is this also going to be on your Avril fan site? nudge nudge...:D

i think thats borderline on the obsessive side i already have a membership at a fan site she recognizes :p

as long as she gets it reads it thats all i care about it would be great to have a reply back though wouldnt that make my night........erm day ;)

Ramrod
08-12-2003, 15:53
kronasas long as she gets it reads it thats all i care about it would be great to have a reply back though wouldnt that make my night........erm day ;)
I can get you a wrist splint at cost.... :naughty: :D

Stuart
08-12-2003, 16:09
if only i had any idea who that was...
Well, I'll just say one thing:

Download Failed (1)

This is the lady herself. Enjoy

Stuart
08-12-2003, 16:11
as long as she gets it reads it thats all i care about it would be great to have a reply back though wouldnt that make my night........erm day ;)
Kronas, you sound like you need a biiiig box of Kleenex..

kronas
08-12-2003, 16:12
Well, I'll just say one thing:

http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/cs39/es.jpg

This is the lady herself. Enjoy

*does not flinch at the sight of that picture

can we keep this on topic please there have already been many offtopic posts already

I can get you a wrist splint at cost.... :naughty: :D

that would hurt :disturbd:

and why would i want to do that i want to keep myself (my body) as markless as possible for the meeting(at night) with AV.........oops said too much :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: ;)
Kronas, you sound like you need a biiiig box of Kleenex..

i find kleenex to not 'do the job' it sort of 'sinks through' the tissue :eek: :rofl: :erm: ;)

Stuart
08-12-2003, 16:20
I only posted that picture because a) Young David needed educating & b) because I liked it..

i find kleenex to not 'do the job' it sort of 'sinks through' the tissue :eek: :rofl: :erm: ;)
:sick:

kronas
10-12-2003, 20:31
:2up:

royal mail are seriously annoying me now i went down to my local post office and was told i could not put return postage on the envelope they the recipient has to send back rang up royal mail CS and was told to get a international reply coupon went back down "im sorry we dont have those at this branch anymore" :afire:

so they recommended i went to another main branch in another town went there and they have none left it seems people rarely need them so they dont stock plenty of them they are in demand at this time of year though

so now im going to have to ring around and find the bloody coupon :mad: :2up:

Colin
14-12-2003, 13:28
I think, if you don't get a reply to this Kronas all at nthw should write to her and complain, cause that was just plain nice. Good luck mate

edit: by the way when i said plain i didn't mean it in that way. oh you know what i mean

kronas
15-12-2003, 03:22
I think, if you don't get a reply to this Kronas all at nthw should write to her and complain, cause that was just plain nice. Good luck mate

i knew what you meant :)

i sent it off on friday, i put the reply envelope in with it, but with no postage as there was no way in the end to do that.

i dont expect a reply, all i hope is that she gets to read it and appreciates it, being a creative person herself, she should understand it.

Colin
15-12-2003, 09:55
i knew what you meant :)

i sent it off on friday, i put the reply envelope in with it, but with no postage as there was no way in the end to do that.

i dont expect a reply, all i hope is that she gets to read it and appreciates it, being a creative person herself, she should understand it.

Still a shame that she could not reply, but if you are happy with her reading it, then thats good.

kronas
15-12-2003, 10:12
Still a shame that she could not reply, but if you are happy with her reading it, then thats good.

i was going to put in a cheap 'pop' and say im not 'complicated' neither am i a 'sk8er boi' but 'im with you' to her :p

i decided not to...i did on the forum though :p :shrug:

the words that have ' next to them indicate actual song names related to her album except 'pop' obviously

Colin
15-12-2003, 10:18
i was going to put in a cheap 'pop' and say im not 'complicated' neither am i a 'sk8er boi' but 'im with you' to her :p

i decided not to...i did on the forum though :p :shrug:

the words that have ' next to them indicate actual song names related to her album except 'pop' obviously

Thanks for the explaination.

No i think you did good to leave them out, would have cheapened it.

Reminds me of a time i was working on the phones (not ntl) and decided to have a competition with my mates to get as many Kylie songs in the sentence as possible (oh they were the days) :p

kronas
15-12-2003, 10:21
Thanks for the explaination.

no problem

No i think you did good to leave them out, would have cheapened it.

yep i dont do cheap trust me i have expensive tastes :rofl:

Reminds me of a time i was working on the phones (not ntl) and decided to have a competition with my mates to get as many Kylie songs in the sentence as possible (oh they were the days) :p

i could not name one as im not a kylie fan but it must have been hilarious

Colin
15-12-2003, 10:27
Yeah what people do to keep the day interesting

Scarlett
15-12-2003, 13:40

We usually went for the obscure words. i.e. try to work 'Fletching' into the conversation.