PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone find that ...

Matthew
03-07-2006, 00:16
... if you work in IT you tend to be less interested with computers at home now. I started my new job about 8 weeks ago and since then I have had a clear out and everything I've got (well still ongoing) and I don't have the interest in having the best of the best sysetm. I am now just tinkering with bits and bobs.

Maybe it doesnt apply with just IT same with people who work with cars.

What do you think?

joker
03-07-2006, 00:50
... if you work in IT you tend to be less interested with computers at home now. I started my new job about 8 weeks ago and since then I have had a clear out and everything I've got (well still ongoing) and I don't have the interest in having the best of the best sysetm. I am now just tinkering with bits and bobs.

Maybe it doesnt apply with just IT same with people who work with cars.

What do you think?

I guess, before you're job, it was more like a hobby.. But now your job involves doing your hobby itâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s not as interesting.

My uni course requires me to be active writing essays or programming various applications. Since then I have lost all interest in gaming. Most of my spare time is now spent running or playing squash - making up for the tedious hours tapping away at uni.

MovedGoalPosts
03-07-2006, 00:53
I think it's like any walk of life. The moment your hobby becomes a job, it's not longer a hobby so you want to do something different with your spare time.

I'm a surveyor. You should see the state of my house :erm: or in fact you shouldn't :angel:

AndrewJ
03-07-2006, 02:31
A statement like that just demands you now post a untidied normal picture of your workstation in the relevant thread!

Matthew
03-07-2006, 07:28
It's true that I have started something else but wasnt sure if it was just me.

Druchii
03-07-2006, 08:02
I find i'm less interested in tweaking mjy system(s) since it became my job to help repair them etc. Not just you!

Millay
03-07-2006, 08:17
I seem to find everything I do is PC releated, I work in the industry and in my spare time I cant seem to get away from the damn things.. I gave up worrying about having the most powerful system and playing games on them years ago, now I do things like set up home networks that stream the sky box to any room over ip and the sutch... Im so sad I need to get a life.

grandmaster
03-07-2006, 08:22
I'm never off the thing.
But i'm the same, I no longer care about the best of the best,