View Full Version : scalextric

jellybaby
29-06-2006, 19:03
Biggest ever scalextric track :)

http://www.zootube.co.uk/category/scalextric/

Chimaera
29-06-2006, 19:14
I love Scalextric!!!

I bought my girls Scalextric one Christmas - on Boxing Day they were asking if they could play with Mummy's Christmas present!

I think it's still in the exe's loft - wonder if he would let me have it back? :D

AndrewJ
29-06-2006, 19:17
I used to have the train set, never got into Scalextric but they are kinda cool.

Enuff
29-06-2006, 19:18
that was a good track record :)

Ramrod
29-06-2006, 20:03
Never saw the point of train sets........build it, watch it go round slowly :disturbd: :confused: :D

MovedGoalPosts
29-06-2006, 20:05
I'm amazed it worked. I recall as a kid, getting a few scalextrix sets together with some mates and building a big set on a patio. The straight must have been some 15 feet long, perhaps more. Only problem was the current dropped so much over the track length the cars were barely moving on what should have been the fastest part of the circuit. :shocking:

homealone
29-06-2006, 20:28
I'm amazed it worked. I recall as a kid, getting a few scalextrix sets together with some mates and building a big set on a patio. The straight must have been some 15 feet long, perhaps more. Only problem was the current dropped so much over the track length the cars were barely moving on what should have been the fastest part of the circuit. :shocking:

ah you needed a booster transformer :)

I didn't have a Scalextric, for some reason I had a 'Wrenn Racing Set', which had much smaller cars, so I had to borrow stuff if I wanted to go to a mates & play Scalextric...

Halcyon
29-06-2006, 20:32
I had a Scalextric. It was really good but the contacts on the cars would always need dusting and sanding to make sure they worked properly.
It's still in the loft somewhere.

willco
29-06-2006, 22:17
I had a scalextric once - then my neighbour said his elephant F****D it, I sad "Don't be silly an Elephant can't F**K a scalextric" to which he said "He trod on it, that's F****D it!

The deleted words are Fork and Forked.