http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1226218,00.html

:rolleyes:

ellie
28-06-2006, 18:37
He didnt last long :doh:

Maggy
28-06-2006, 18:42
He didnt last long :doh:

Against the robot Federer? I should think not.

Damien
28-06-2006, 18:45
He wasnt well seeded anymore, he is in the final stages of this career so it was to be expected....

Halcyon
28-06-2006, 19:41
I knew he wouldnt last.
The last two years it has been getting worse for him.
He should retire and become a coach instead.

Stuart
28-06-2006, 19:57
I remember last year, Viz published a special edition Tim Henman wimbledon score card. It only went as far as the quarter finals..

Damien
28-06-2006, 19:59
I do not get the anger/dislike/bordom about Hemman. I understand that he is always hyped and never wins, but how is that different to the England team who are basically going to win the world cup if you belive the hype and Rooney who 'is the new pele'.

Jules
28-06-2006, 20:07
Why has all the British talent gone?

SlackDad
28-06-2006, 20:10
I do not get the anger/dislike/bordom about Hemman. I understand that he is always hyped and never wins, but how is that different to the England team who are basically going to win the world cup if you belive the hype and Rooney who 'is the new pele'.

Henman never really was good enough to win Wimbledon, or indeed, any Grand Slam. He was a good player rather than a world beater, but seeing as he regularly made it into the second week of wimbledon, which let's face it was a novelty for us Brits, this was reason enough for the hype.

The England football team do, on paper at least, possess a few players who are world beaters (and regularly show this for their respective clubs). Unfortunately, thus far this has not been displayed in this world cup (or maybe hasn't needed to be?). But there is still time....

Legendary_PSR
28-06-2006, 20:11

why would you want a "never was" as a coach?

I do not get the anger/dislike/bordom about Hemman. I understand that he is always hyped and never wins, but how is that different to the England team who are basically going to win the world cup

cos at least the english football team has won something major in the past while henman has never ever shown signs of being able to win anything even remotely important

i hope he retires cos i'm sick of the mourngy *******

SlackDad
28-06-2006, 20:12
Why has all the British talent gone?

You have to have some first in order for it to go :D

gazzae
28-06-2006, 22:18
why would you want a "never was" as a coach?

Cause sometimes they are the best at it. Look at football, the top coaches - Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, BenÃÃâ€*’ÂÂÂÂ*tez - as players they were hardly at the top of their game. Ferguson probably had the best playing career out of them. Compare that to the great players who are managers like Souness and Robson.

Damien
28-06-2006, 22:35
Henman never really was good enough to win Wimbledon, or indeed, any Grand Slam. He was a good player rather than a world beater, but seeing as he regularly made it into the second week of wimbledon, which let's face it was a novelty for us Brits, this was reason enough for the hype.

The England football team do, on paper at least, possess a few players who are world beaters (and regularly show this for their respective clubs). Unfortunately, thus far this has not been displayed in this world cup (or maybe hasn't needed to be?). But there is still time....
The English team is good, but I wouldnt class all of them as world beaters. Ironically the ones I would consider as some of the best in the world are the ones who are more hidden while Rooney (who is not the best striker in the world, and is not pele) and Beckham take all the media hype. Lampard, Terry, Gerard never get the credit they deserve. Hargraves is a good player but we rip the crap out of him

The reason Rooney, Beckham, Henman and co get over hypered is because we confused media friendly/status with talent IMO.

(not to say they are not talented, not just as much as people make out)

fireman328
28-06-2006, 23:13
I knew he wouldnt last.
The last two years it has been getting worse for him.

Do you mean a COACH "DRIVER"