PDA

View Full Version : Are there still problems with NTL's wit regards to last weeks DDos attacks etc?

xenole
05-12-2003, 20:17
Lost my connection for a bit last week after those DDos attacks occured.

Everything is now running at 100% with the exception of my news provider, Astraweb. I have checked with them, people in Europe and others not using NTL and evetyone is getting decent speeds from them, except for me. I can barely scrape 10k/sec most of the time, with regualr timeouts etc as if there is a burst of data, then nothing for a bit and so on.

I've been connecting to servers throughout the US and Europe and have been getting max speeds on my 1MBit service, and giganews for example works fine, so why is this one thing affected?

th'engineer
05-12-2003, 20:24
how do you connect to NTL STB or SACM. USB or NIC
BTW welcome to the site

homealone
05-12-2003, 20:42
Lost my connection for a bit last week after those DDos attacks occured.

Everything is now running at 100% with the exception of my news provider, Astraweb. I have checked with them, people in Europe and others not using NTL and evetyone is getting decent speeds from them, except for me. I can barely scrape 10k/sec most of the time, with regualr timeouts etc as if there is a burst of data, then nothing for a bit and so on.

I've been connecting to servers throughout the US and Europe and have been getting max speeds on my 1MBit service, and giganews for example works fine, so why is this one thing affected?

hi & :welcome:

there has been some discussion about problems with Astraweb in this thread

click here (http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4710)

Neil
05-12-2003, 21:10
Thread closed due to duplication-link to original provided.