PDA

View Full Version : Another Lost Broadband Connection!

steven1984
27-06-2006, 18:07
Hello all,

Was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what the problem may be. I have telewest broadband and was surfing the net yesterday then all of a sudden the Status light was flashing.. Normally this is solved simply by taking out the power cable and plugging it back in and waiting a couple of minutes.

Only this time the Status and Power lights are on but the "PC" and Cable lights havent flickered once.. So I uninstalled everything and tried again and this time none of the lights came back on straight away, but again the Status and Power lights stayed on but they were a faint green colour at first.

Would it be possible that the cable modem is on it's last legs? As I don't have any other ideas what I can do to fix this.

Telewest said on the phone that I was to try connecting it via USB instead of the ethernet cable but that didn't do anything either..

Any ideas? Thanks for reading (if you got this far! heh) =)

dataman
27-06-2006, 22:40
sounds like your power supply on it's way out

ameen
27-06-2006, 22:56
It seems to be your modem driver not installed are it could be that you have not connected your usb correctly the other thing it might be that your network adapter not enabled if your pc/activity light not blinking are not comming on then this could be the probem as above

if the problem nothing from the above then you could try switching the power off then unplug your broadband cable from the modem then just switch back on the power without the cable then plug the broadband cable in without screwing it in then slowly move the cable lead in all directions while its in the modem intell you see the online light comes on then the pc/activity lights should also comes on once the online light comes up then just screw the cable all the way in this what i do when this happen and always come back on but this don,t happen anymore

sago_one
28-06-2006, 18:51
Hi There,
Looks like your Webstar is acting up.
Can you check for these things please:
From the command propmt type ipconfig /all
Let me know what the IP address is :)

Andrewcrawford23
29-06-2006, 15:38
Hi There,
Looks like your Webstar is acting up.
Can you check for these things please:
From the command propmt type ipconfig /all
Let me know what the IP address is :)

given you his ip address wont tell you fi the modem playing up

my suggestiong would be to call telewest and try arrange for a engineer to come otu adn look at it and if it duff they will rpelace it

steven1984
29-06-2006, 19:53
Hey..

Thanks guy for all the replies.

The engineer from telewest came out.. She nearly laughed at the modem! It was definitely on it's way out.. was completely banged up so it has now been replaced and im back on track - For now! ;)

Thanks again! =) :tu:

ameen
18-07-2006, 23:44
I don,t no why some customers get a webstar modem instead of a motorola modem. my brother had a webstar modem then he got ****ed off with it and got it replaced with a motorola cable modem if anyone have a webstar modem i advise you to get replaced with the latest motorola sb5100 works great no problem at all :D