PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2006

TigaSefi
05-12-2003, 17:56
Looks like England drawn with Wales and Northern Ireland ???

BBC site such a shambels, I dunno if that final or continuing ?

ic14
05-12-2003, 17:57
Its final.

I couldnt help but laugh at that result!
EDIT here we go: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/3257716.stm

TigaSefi
05-12-2003, 17:59
yeah, cos wales gonna get walloped! again with a different kind of ball :p ........

kronas
05-12-2003, 19:36
i expect the rivalry to be red hot for the irish and welsh games quite an easy group really

but this is the world cup lets hope england can live up to the expectations......

not as a team with alot of potential but never fulfilling it

Iago
05-12-2003, 20:47
"team with a lot of potential"

We highly overrate our football team, They are not as good as we like to make out. Sure, in this group we are more than capable but on the world stage we cannot count our-selfs as one of the best teams

Russ
05-12-2003, 21:07
yeah, cos wales gonna get walloped! again with a different kind of ball :p ........

Yeah....right!

MadGamer
05-12-2003, 21:21
England should be able to beat these teams heres our group.

Group 6
ENGLAND
Poland
Austria
WALES
NORTHERN IRELAND
Azerbaijan

kronas
05-12-2003, 21:43

We highly overrate our football team, They are not as good as we like to make out. Sure, in this group we are more than capable but on the world stage we cannot count our-selfs as one of the best teams

i know we do over rate players but as individuals they show themselves on many levels of football as excellently skilled players doing it on the world stage is a completly diffarent thing all together however............

Iago
07-12-2003, 10:08
we are still rubbish compared to the other teams

Tricky
07-12-2003, 10:25

Last few times I've seen Wales play I think they'd beat England. I don't reckon England will win the group. They'll probably get through but that'll be it.

gazzae
07-12-2003, 10:51
Ah the Home internationals are back!

Northern Ireland - the last winners of the Home Internationals (and therefore holders for eternity!)

idi banashapan
07-12-2003, 12:17

OMG!!!! FINALLY!!! (I hope you are talking about England here) An English person who has seen the light!!! I have more family in Holland than I do in England, so support Holland and for a while I've been saying that the English over-rate the team far too much. And, they can't let go of the past either - Maradonna for instance. LET IT GO!!!!!!

At least I can say that on paper, Holland have one of the most talented and expensive squads in the world, but they just do not seem to gel together. Kluivert is the dutch Heskey!!!! De Boer is getting on a bit too. At least I can see the weaknesses in Holland and if they are beaten, it's probably down to the fact they played badly, not because 'someone cheated on the other team and the freekick we did score from was the best in the world ever since the last one we scored from coz there's only one person in the team that can take free kicks'!!!!!!

I am calm............

Russ
07-12-2003, 12:25
The thing with the England team is that they have some fantastic players (Beckham, Rooney, Owen etc) who can truly be called world class, but put them together and they just don't gel as well as they could and should.