PDA

View Full Version : Sky Telewest Ntl

adambhoy
26-06-2006, 05:03
hi there i was going to get (sky or telewest) in i was looking at sky and they say ten pound per mouth for 6 mouth top pack . sky+ box only 89 pounds and u get sky broadand u can download movies for free . i seen the new thing on the sky website if u forget to recoded something u can text u sky box it will recoded it also bythe internet and if u have the top pac with sky u dont have to pay the exta 15 pounds a mouth .....i no that sky is bring out there own broadband 16 megs i dont no when there going to do that but

telewest

i could get telewest and get tv drive but i would have to pay the exta 15 pounds and also have to pay a exta 5 pounds for Disney Cinemagic even with the top pac and u get it with the sky top pac now a realy dont no what to do some one help me

thanks for ur time

Enuff
26-06-2006, 05:06
Hi adambhoy, :welcome: to the forum!

Quam256
26-06-2006, 20:00
Welcome to the forum.......
Dont you think we should add NTL onto the vote seeing as Telewest and NTL are one just to see a comparison?.

Mal
26-06-2006, 20:19
Welcome to the forum.......
Dont you think we should add NTL onto the vote seeing as Telewest and NTL are one just to see a comparison?.Well, they operate in franchises, so if Telewest are in a certain area, ntl are not and vice versa. So your choice would be Telewest v Sky or NTL v Sky. Anyway, they have now merged anyway or the merger is about to be finalised, so soon to be one company - ntl:Telewest.

adambhoy
27-06-2006, 04:19
hi there i was going to get (sky or telewest) in i was looking at sky and they say ten pound per mouth for 6 mouth top pack . sky+ box only 89 pounds and u get sky broadand u can download movies for free . i seen the new thing on the sky website if u forget to recoded something u can text u sky box it will recoded it also bythe internet and if u have the top pac with sky u dont have to pay the exta 15 pounds a mouth .....i no that sky is bring out there own broadband 16 megs i dont no when there going to do that but

telewest

i could get telewest and get tv drive but i would have to pay the exta 15 pounds and also have to pay a exta 5 pounds for Disney Cinemagic even with the top pac and u get it with the sky top pac

ntl
or should i get ntl but i have heard a lot of bad things about ntl
i dont no what to do can some one help me

thanks for ur time

MovedGoalPosts
27-06-2006, 09:12
you're choice of cable provider will be either ntl or telewest, not both. That will depend on the area you are in. You might possibly be in an area where you can get neither.

Bear in mind that the cable cos usually require you to have a bundled pohone line with your TV service. Do you want / need that - might point you to sky. Overall the sky TV services tend to be more innovative, calbe services perhaps better value once you are considering taking the triple options of TV, phone and boradband.

By the time sky do 16meg broadband speeds, ntl/telewest are bound to have a similar offering, it's the one area where thay are keeping pace with their competitors, and occasionally even manage to take a lead.