PDA

View Full Version : broadband upload slow after speed increase

scumacher
24-06-2006, 19:38
hi all since i have got my speed increase to 4mb from 2mb my upload has been really bad,:(wot i mean is it would upload all day long with the upload of 22k and it would sit @ this speed all day now that im on 4 meg it wont stay constaint 45 its all over the place:( then it would sometimes cut out then reconnect again im not happy about this at all my modem is the terayon tj 210
please can someone who has had the same prob and got it fixed tell me who to do so.

regards scumacher.

do you think that ill need a new modem?

homealone
24-06-2006, 21:20
hi :welcome:

try throttling the upload speed down a bit, it doesn't seem to follow that upload is directly proportional to the tier - ie, if 22K worked on 2meg, it doesn't necessarily follow that 44K will work on 4meg - try, say, 30K & see if that is better?

Chrysalis
25-06-2006, 12:43
answer is probably other people doing what you doing, uploading all day long.

this causes contention which is what you experiencing.

try rebooting your modem to get it on a different upstream channel, this may fix the problem if you lucky.

scumacher
25-06-2006, 19:54
thank you for the replys ppl my d\l speed is fine its after the torrent finishes. and when i turn the pc off @ nite which i always do . the when i try and contine to upload i get the slow speeds .