PDA

View Full Version : NTHell

nix
05-12-2003, 09:41
Moderators - please feel free to move this thread! I wasn't sure whether to post it in dial-up, broadband, billing or here (as it covers all three) - but is a general gripe about the overall NTL attitude and service!

After a week of troubleshooting and reformatting my pc I gave up and rang broadband modem technical support ... as I had problems connecting to any site (although could ping sites without packet loss). I was informed that my cable modem had been disabled and that I should contact customer service in the morning. I had received no emails, letters or telephone calls from NTL to inform me that they were going to take this action let alone why.

I telephoned customer service this morning, well three times actually as twice I was put on hold and cut off (the norm I suppose). The final person I spoke to told me that my cable modem was active and that there shouldn't be a problem with my broadband at all, after assurance that if I were cut off this time I'd be rung back, he put me on hold again to check further. When he got back to me I was asked for my NTL account password, which NTL had changed to my old dial-up password! He also told me that I owed a large amount of money on my old dial-up service which i cancelled with them almost a year ago - despite NTL broadband's problems I hadn't seen the point in keeping and paying for a dial-up connection once my broadband was actually up and running and told them so! Then another spell of "on hold" limbo before being told that my broadband account was also in arrears. I was told that this was why my broadband access was disabled and my connection was through a set-top box (so my cable modem is active then? huh!?). I stated that I paid by direct debit, set up and agreed with NTL and although I couldn't check that instant this month's (no access) it had been paid regularly. No explanation was given as to why I had not been contacted regarding payments by NTL, other than a statement that I should have received an email (which I did not).

NTL customer service have said that I have to pay them over £200 for the dial-up and broadband I owe - allegedly - before reconnecting me to any service. I've just checked, using my work's access, my bank account and although this month's direct debit hasn't been taken, I know that I've paid regularly so will have to go through my bank statements. This is not the first error in billing I've had with them ... a few years ago they billed me twice for my telephone and TV services each month, the billing accounts were identical except for one gave my name with my first initial as "M" and the other "N" - overbilling me by hundreds of pounds!

Is this just the usual NTL inept service or is it an NTL policy for making a little extra dosh?

th'engineer
05-12-2003, 17:40
Moderators - please feel free to move this thread! I wasn't sure whether to post it in dial-up, broadband, billing or here (as it covers all three) - but is a general gripe about the overall NTL attitude and service!

After a week of troubleshooting and reformatting my pc I gave up and rang broadband modem technical support ... as I had problems connecting to any site (although could ping sites without packet loss). I was informed that my cable modem had been disabled and that I should contact customer service in the morning. I had received no emails, letters or telephone calls from NTL to inform me that they were going to take this action let alone why.

I telephoned customer service this morning, well three times actually as twice I was put on hold and cut off (the norm I suppose). The final person I spoke to told me that my cable modem was active and that there shouldn't be a problem with my broadband at all, after assurance that if I were cut off this time I'd be rung back, he put me on hold again to check further. When he got back to me I was asked for my NTL account password, which NTL had changed to my old dial-up password! He also told me that I owed a large amount of money on my old dial-up service which i cancelled with them almost a year ago - despite NTL broadband's problems I hadn't seen the point in keeping and paying for a dial-up connection once my broadband was actually up and running and told them so! Then another spell of "on hold" limbo before being told that my broadband account was also in arrears. I was told that this was why my broadband access was disabled and my connection was through a set-top box (so my cable modem is active then? huh!?). I stated that I paid by direct debit, set up and agreed with NTL and although I couldn't check that instant this month's (no access) it had been paid regularly. No explanation was given as to why I had not been contacted regarding payments by NTL, other than a statement that I should have received an email (which I did not).

NTL customer service have said that I have to pay them over £200 for the dial-up and broadband I owe - allegedly - before reconnecting me to any service. I've just checked, using my work's access, my bank account and although this month's direct debit hasn't been taken, I know that I've paid regularly so will have to go through my bank statements. This is not the first error in billing I've had with them ... a few years ago they billed me twice for my telephone and TV services each month, the billing accounts were identical except for one gave my name with my first initial as "M" and the other "N" - overbilling me by hundreds of pounds!

Is this just the usual NTL inept service or is it an NTL policy for making a little extra dosh?Contact your local franchise director to sort this out otherwise you will be going round in circles

NTL CONTACTS
aizad.hussain@ntl.com (aizad.hussain@ntl.com) (MD of ntl:home) - The most important person
chris.slattery@ntl.com (chris.slattery@ntl.com) - (MD, ntl:home London Business Unit)
david.thatcher@ntl.com (david.thatcher@ntl.com) - (MD, ntl:home East Southeast Business Unit)
ian.jeffers@ntl.com (ian.jeffers@ntl.com) - (MD, ntl:home Celtic Business Unit)
peter.savage@ntl.com (peter.savage@ntl.com) - (MD, ntl:home South Business Unit)
alan.grant@ntl.com (alan.grant@ntl.com) - (MD, ntl:home Northwest Business Unit)
peter.wilcock@ntl.com (peter.wilcock@ntl.com) - (MD, ntl:home Northeast Business Unit)

nix
05-12-2003, 23:55
Thank you for your reply ... I will contact Peter Savage as he appears to be my local MD. Thanks again!

handyman
05-12-2003, 23:59
Contact your local franchise director to sort this out otherwise you will be going round in circles

NTL CONTACTS
peter.wilcock@ntl.com (peter.wilcock@ntl.com) - (MD, ntl:home Northeast Business Unit)
:nono:

Been ages since he was in charge there.

Vas A.......... something is the MD NE now.

whisky34
05-03-2007, 20:12
Have ntl always been useless.

MovedGoalPosts
05-03-2007, 20:14
Nice :bump: of a thread from 2003 :eek:

Closed as it's hardly relevant to current times, after all ntl. don't even exist anymore ;)