PDA

View Full Version : Internet's knackered again

HowardCanning
22-06-2006, 08:47
Same problems as the other week (barely able to browse etc) except it fixed itself, and now it's up the creek again :mad:

Anyone else in Surrey having problems?

I've rebooted everything several times etc.

Neil
22-06-2006, 08:51
Have you checked the Status Page & reported this to ntl Tech Support?

HowardCanning
22-06-2006, 08:52
Yes. And no. Why bother, I have done before and they don't seem to give a toss. I'll give them a ring if it's not fixed later anyway

Hugh
22-06-2006, 10:21
Yes. And no. Why bother, I have done before and they don't seem to give a toss. I'll give them a ring if it's not fixed later anyway

May I suggest that you report it every time it happens, keep a record of dates, times, and who you spoke to, and if it is a regular occurrence, use this evidence to ask for a refund for loss of service.

Neil
22-06-2006, 10:23

If you don't report it to ntl, then you can't complain about it.

wakey
22-06-2006, 10:30
I'm at work atm but have been trying to access my PC at home and its just timing out so I may be in the same boat. I'm in Farnborough, Hants so not far from Surrey

darkone338
22-06-2006, 19:03
all ok here in mytchett

MovedGoalPosts
22-06-2006, 19:09
Surrey is a big place and served by a number of different former franchise areas.

Things seem to be OK now (wheres a lump of wood), but yesterday evening, some sites including this one were extremely slow to access. Changing proxy from the standard Hersham one made no difference.

Oberon
22-06-2006, 19:31
Sitting here in Guildford with 10MB, same problem. For the past 2 days or so, pages load extremely slowly, whilst filedownloads are unaffected.

MovedGoalPosts
22-06-2006, 19:45
If it's something that is continuing for more than a few hours, I'd be on the phone complaining to ntl asking when it's gonna be fixed.

The ntl status page does offer some clue that ntl have been doing something that might not have had the desired effect:
On the morning of Tuesday the 20th of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Network upgrades will result in a loss of service in Scunthorpe, Hemel Hemsptead, Guildford, Oxford, Seven kings, Wearside, and the surrounding areas.

Network rebalancing across the country will result in a brief loss of service for all customers.

On the morning of Wednesday the 21st of June between midnight and 6 AM,

Network upgrades will result in a loss of service in Dover, Hemel Hempstead, Oxford, Seven kings, Wearside, Lichfield, Bishop Stortford, Reigate, Rawtenstall, Nottingham, Hitchin, Ely , Coventry, Camberley, Grimsby, Barrhead and the surrounding areas.

ouchiko
22-06-2006, 22:27
Anyone else got very slow newsgroups in the aldershot area, far too slow

Ramrod
23-06-2006, 06:24
Sitting here in Guildford with 10MB, same problem. For the past 2 days or so, pages load extremely slowly, whilst filedownloads are unaffected.Same here in SE London....

Stuart
23-06-2006, 10:19

Why bother?

Well, if something goes wrong, NTL may or may not know about it (whether through someone reporting it, or through some sort of diagnostic test).

If you report it, a) you know that the know, and b) if they don't fix it or try and fob you off, we can get our contacts to look into what's gone wrong.

Believe me, our site contacts do kick butt if needed. However, they cannot do *anything* unless they can trace the original call for the problem.