PDA

View Full Version : 9 - 8 - 6 - 4 Meg, where next?

5quirrel
22-06-2006, 07:56
Ah I think I get the message, NTL have managed to load balance things so well over the last couple of months that my download speeds have gone from 9 meg down to 8, down to 6, down to 4 meg. I guess they are telling me to downgrade to 4 meg but it would of been easier to just email me and let me know! Maybe I need to wait a while until I reach 2 meg before contacting them?

I think I'm fed from Stockport (at a guess) so is it just me or has anyone else in this area seen a similar progressive downgrade?

zing_deleted
22-06-2006, 08:14
Are you using speed tests to know this? these are flawed if its peak times or maybe try a proxy address.
Have you tried downloading something with a multi threaded download tool IE reget from somewhere that will allow multiple connections (loads of places)?
Even when speed tests are low I can always pretty much suck 10 meg down from easynews

5quirrel
22-06-2006, 11:39
I've always used the cableforum speedtest and used to regularly get 8 or 9 meg, then it dropped to 6 meg for a couple of months and in the last week or so down to 4 meg.

I also seem to be having more than my fair share of connectivity problems with BF2 as of the weekend - I'm prepared to wait a while whilst the load balancing continues but if this is more of a 'trend' rather than a 'glitch' then should I consider a 4 meg package?

Thanks...