PDA

View Full Version : Cheque Advice

CraigS
21-06-2006, 21:20
I ordered an item from the internet in January. I have been in constant communication with the comapny I got it from, it is a reputable company i'm not concerned about that. On their site is says allow 28 days maximum for delivery.They sayed the item will arrive by August. Anyways I payed £57 via personal cheque, it hasn't arrived yet. How would they refund me my money? As I would like the £57 back and cancel the delivery item. What steps should I take? Thanks

Pia
21-06-2006, 21:23
When was the money taken from your account?

You ordered in January and they said it would arrive in August??:Yikes:

nffc
21-06-2006, 21:23
It's difficult, there is nowhere near as much buyer protection using cheque than credit card.

Probably the best thing is to contact the usual sources, CAB, Trading Standards and your bank to get further advice, maybe write in to the company to advise them, they will have a correspondence address.

Of course that's not neglecting the fact there may be a legitimate reason for the delay.

Shaun
21-06-2006, 22:06
Have you asked them to return your money?

zing_deleted
21-06-2006, 23:17
Its very poor business practice to take full payment with so much of a waiting time .They should just refund if you ask

Maggy
22-06-2006, 01:15
Its very poor business practice to take full payment with so much of a waiting time .They should just refund if you ask Or offer you the option of waiting for the item and they retain the cheque but not cash it...:erm: