PDA

View Full Version : a common perception or misconception

kronas
05-12-2003, 03:04
as 2 judges eye up the beauty in the miss world contest in china the report highlights the growing trend of westernisation with regards to the slenderness of models do people really look for thin like 'stick' women or do facial features such as scars and the roundness of the face count

it seems countries in asia who are fed images of women from the western world the USA the EU are possibly changing the lifestyles of many women who make subtle but significant changes to there physical look in order to appeal to a bigger audience

to try and grab the attentions of the western media so they can land modeling contracts

but there is the downside to too much dieting it can lead to potential diseases such as bulimia

personally i think women are under pressure alot more in the modeling world due to there weight and not being so ultra slim not to generalise here but it is the mans fault for putting the women in this position ofcourse there are alot more agencies where the women are CEO'S or are talent spotters but i still think its an unfair burden to put on women and one i personally find disrespectful and sickening

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/3291271.stm

kronas
05-12-2003, 19:09
so no one cares about women becoming 'objects' rather then people ?

having little or no individuality ?

women are happy about this :shocking: