PDA

View Full Version : Sport Relief

Nugget
19-06-2006, 19:27
Wotcha guys :)

I've decided to take my life into my own hands, and register for the Sport Relief Mile. Bearing in mind that the only running I do is to the car if it's raining ;) , it could well be the death of me :disturbd:

However, whenever I go onto the website (www.sportrelief.co.uk) and try to go the the 'find your nearest mile' (or whatever the exact phrase is). I just get a page cannot be displayed error. Has anyone else had this problem - it's a bit annoying, seeing as I've finally decided to get my wobbly gut moving :erm:

jellybaby
19-06-2006, 19:30
I'm getting the same thing

Nugget
19-06-2006, 19:31
I'm getting the same thing

Ah, cheers for that - I'll try again later but, if it's still not working, I'll just try in the office tomorrow :)

Chimaera
19-06-2006, 19:35
I can get on the 'Nearest Mile' page - but what an annoying website! Things moving all over the place - that would put me off signing up at all.
And there's no chance, as I'm even more unfit that Nugget (or so he alleges) :disturbd: :D

homealone
worked ok for me ???

Nearest national is Hull 15/07 0900

Nearest local is Bargate Fitness Centre 15/07 1030 ( you'd get a lie in ;) )

Hugh
Working ok in Leeds

homealone
19-06-2006, 19:37
I can get on the 'Nearest Mile' page - but what an annoying website! Things moving all over the place - that would put me off signing up at all.
And there's no chance, as I'm even more unfit that Nugget (or so he alleges) :disturbd: :D

believe me, his spirit is willing, but his knees are weak ;)

Chimaera
19-06-2006, 19:38

Well he's got one over on me, then! :rofl:
Actually, looking at that site, the nearest one to us is in Newham - and it doesn't start till 2pm, so a good lie in before hand........best I don't, I think! :Sprint:

Nugget
19-06-2006, 20:52

And they get even weaker when I think about running a mile :disturbd:

I was going to try the one at the fitness centre, seeing as it's just down the road - I guess I'll just keep trying :)

Thanks for checking guys :tu:

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Weird - seeing as my wee chum can get on, and he's only up the road, but it still won't let me do it :shrug:

Oh well, I'll just abuse the internet at work tomorrow then :D

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

Actually, thinking on, Mrs Nug just had a good idea - would anyone who can get onto it check and see if you can still register for the Grimsby one? Just a thought, seeing as it'll be a waste of time me trying if it's already full.

If anyone wouldn't mind, that would be fab :)

Hugh
19-06-2006, 20:59
Actually, thinking on, Mrs Nug just had a good idea - would anyone who can get onto it check and see if you can still register for the Grimsby one? Just a thought, seeing as it'll be a waste of time me trying if it's already full.

If anyone wouldn't mind, that would be fab :)

There you go - it looks ok. Is it because it is HTTPS you are having a problem, perhaps ?
Grimsby Bargate Fitness Suite
https://secure.artezglobal.com/registrant/locationDetails.aspx?EventID=3133&LangPref=en-CA#

Nugget
19-06-2006, 21:01
There you go - it looks ok. Is it because it is HTTPS you are having a problem, perhaps ?
Grimsby Bargate Fitness Suite
https://secure.artezglobal.com/registrant/locationDetails.aspx?EventID=3133&LangPref=en-CA#

Thanks for that :)

Nah, that's the page I'm trying to open but, as I said, I get the 'page cannot be displayed message', then at the bottom of the screen, it's the 'Cannot find server or DNS Error' :shrug:

Nugget
20-06-2006, 09:14
Well, I've only been and gone and done it - you'd all better enjoy my presence for the next 4 weeks, 'cos it's entirely likely that I'll collapse after a mile :D

/Activate Cheeky mode/
If anyone would like to sponsor me in my highly public death, I'd be very grateful - if you would like to, just let me know :)
/Cheeky mode off/

homealone
20-06-2006, 09:40
Well, I've only been and gone and done it - you'd all better enjoy my presence for the next 4 weeks, 'cos it's entirely likely that I'll collapse after a mile :D

/Activate Cheeky mode/
If anyone would like to sponsor me in my highly public death, I'd be very grateful - if you would like to, just let me know :)
/Cheeky mode off/

I'll see if I can catch anyone at work in a generous mood - I may stand a chance with anyone who doesn't remember you ;)

Nugget
20-06-2006, 09:54
I'll see if I can catch anyone at work in a generous mood - I may stand a chance with anyone who doesn't remember you ;)

I could have a problem there then :disturbd:

homealone
20-06-2006, 09:58

I could have a problem there then :disturbd:

I have pledges for £18 so far :Yikes:

Nugget
20-06-2006, 10:09

Blimey! They obviously don't remember how fat and idle I am :disturbd:

EDIT: Oops - forgot to say thank you :)

homealone
26-06-2006, 13:19

Blimey! They obviously don't remember how fat and idle I am :disturbd:

EDIT: Oops - forgot to say thank you :)

I think we have peaked at £25 - unfortunately that means i will have to arrange to meet up when you've done it, to hand over the dosh. :)

- and lifting cans of beer isn't proper training, btw ......;)

Jules
26-06-2006, 13:24
I have just read this, how can I sponsor you oh handsome Nug one?

Nugget
02-07-2006, 15:04
I think we have peaked at £25 - unfortunately that means i will have to arrange to meet up when you've done it, to hand over the dosh. :)

- and lifting cans of beer isn't proper training, btw ......;)

Yeah, but walking to the fridge 15 times a night is ;) :D

I'm sure we could arrange to meet up - aren't we about 15 months overdue for that pint :)

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:02 ----------

I have just read this, how can I sponsor you oh handsome Nug one?

There's ways and means - I could put you on my sponsor form, which'd mean people would have to send me pennies, which probably isn't particularly safe, or I can send you an e-mail from the Sport Relief site and you can do it over t'internet.

If you'd like to, just let me know 'cos I seem to remember that I've got your e-mail address anyway :)

homealone
02-07-2006, 15:41
<various snippage>

I'm sure we could arrange to meet up - aren't we about 15 months overdue for that pint :)

blimey, is it that long, we shall have to go for it, my friend - there is the matter of celebrating the birth of your son, becoming increasingly overdue, as well :)

Nugget
02-07-2006, 16:01
blimey, is it that long, we shall have to go for it, my friend - there is the matter of celebrating the birth of your son, becoming increasingly overdue, as well :)

Well, in fairness, I've been celebrating it for the last 30 years :D

S'pose it'd make a change to celebrate with someone else for a change :disturbd:

Nugget
04-07-2006, 11:46
Quick update:

I set myself a target of raising 50 pounds - so far, I've had 25 as online sponsorship and 14 on my actual form, so that's 78% of my target. If I then add the 25 quid that my wee chum has managed to badger my old colleagues into pledging, that that makes 64, which would be 108%.

As long as I don't actually die during the run, that's not bad at all :)

Pumpkin
04-07-2006, 15:30
Quick update:

I set myself a target of raising 50 pounds - so far, I've had 25 as online sponsorship and 14 on my actual form, so that's 78% of my target. If I then add the 25 quid that my wee chum has managed to badger my old colleagues into pledging, that that makes 64, which would be 108%.

As long as I don't actually die during the run, that's not bad at all :)

If you keep telling people that you're likely to collapse on the day they might not sponsor you cos they don't want to encourage your imminent demise :Yikes:

How about doing some pre run preparation? Jogging and giving up beer and ciggies, might increase your chances of not having a full system meltdown on the day and people will feel better about sponsoring you if they know you're less likely to keel over :)

Nugget
04-07-2006, 15:35
If you keep telling people that you're likely to collapse on the day they might not sponsor you cos they don't want to encourage your imminent demise :Yikes:

How about doing some pre run preparation? Jogging and giving up beer and ciggies, might increase your chances of not having a full system meltdown on the day and people will feel better about sponsoring you if they know you're less likely to keel over :)

Now you know that answer to all of the above is a resounding no - I think you'll find that everyone on here is looking forward to the day when no more crap gags appear on a daily basis :D

Pumpkin
04-07-2006, 15:42
Now you know that answer to all of the above is a resounding no - I think you'll find that everyone on here is looking forward to the day when no more crap gags appear on a daily basis :D

So you are admitting your jokes are crap ;) but isn't it a bit extreme to kill yourself for charity to save the forum from them rather than just try to get better jokes :confused:

pedantic
04-07-2006, 15:47
So you are admitting your jokes are crap ;) but isn't it a bit extreme to kill yourself for charity to save the forum from them rather than just try to get better jokes :confused:

He doesn't have any better jokes though, he's struggling as it is. :PP:

Nugget
04-07-2006, 15:52

Good lord no - it's just an excuse for the other thickies to try and think up better ones :D

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Coming from our resident bore, I think I'll take that as a compliment ;) :D

Jules
04-07-2006, 16:01
Which ever is best for you Nug I am happy to sponsor you for a tenner :tu:

Pumpkin
04-07-2006, 16:08

In that case, is it fair to inflict them on a worthy cause like Sport Relief and do they need the bad publicity that the total collapse of Nugget during the 1 mile 'fun run' (an oxymoron if ever there was one) will bring? :scratch:

Nugget
04-07-2006, 16:17
Which ever is best for you Nug I am happy to sponsor you for a tenner :tu:

I'll send you an e-mail from the Sport Relief site - ta muchly :)

pedantic
04-07-2006, 16:23
Coming from our resident bore, I think I'll take that as a compliment ;) :D

Ouch ! How's that for a self inflicted insult. :D

Nugget
05-07-2006, 00:07
Who cares what Pumpkin says (she only lives with me :D ). I'm now up to £93 :)

Pumpkin
15-07-2006, 11:37
Just to let everyone know, Nugget has survived the ordeal of the Sports Relief Mile - sorry to all those who were hoping for a rest from his 'witty' puns ;) - he ran in a very respectable 10 minutes, photos to follow, which considering his dissolute life style is virtually Olympian:clap:

Thanks to all who've supported and sponsored him and its not too late if any one else would like to contribute to this very worthy cause

Finally I'd like to say both myself and Baby Nug are very proud of him and we love him :hugs:

Nugget
15-07-2006, 22:50
'Tis true - I didn't die (although I am only just recovering now, 12 hours later :D )

Thanks to all of my sponsors - I've raised about £160 for a worthy cause, so my pain's obviously worth it :)

Paul
16-07-2006, 02:42
Thanks to all of my sponsors - I've raised about £160 for a worthy cause, so my pain's obviously worth it :)
How about we take you past the £200 mark then, the team have agreed to donate you £50 from the forum funds. :D

(Please contact us to arrange it).

carlingman
16-07-2006, 02:45
How about we take you past the £200 mark then, the team have agreed to donate you £50 from the forum funds. :D

:tu:

homealone
16-07-2006, 15:49

what a great gesture :tu:

I will be in touch with the Nugg as soon as I've collected the donations from his ex colleagues - good excuse for a couple of pints, methinks;)

Well done to my tall friend :cool:

Nugget
16-07-2006, 19:59
what a great gesture :tu:

I will be in touch with the Nugg as soon as I've collected the donations from his ex colleagues - good excuse for a couple of pints, methinks;)

Well done to my tall friend :cool:

If I remember rightly, it was about 25 quid that they pledged? If so, I work that out at about 12½ pints each ;)

Just let me know the day, my wee chum :tu:

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Oh, and I'm just starting to feel my legs again :disturbd:

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

And it's just occurred to me that I haven't said thank you to the team publicly, so a huge thanks from me for the kind gesture :)

Pumpkin
16-07-2006, 20:40
Just to prove that Nugget did actually run the Sports Relief Mile here are the photos as promised

The first one is an action shot from the start and the last is the proud but exhausted Nugget with his 'goody bag' given to all who completed the mile, which had a very random selection of items including a body scrub sponge and a bag of popcorn :confused:

Thanks to all who've responded with additional pledges and to the team for their generous gesture :tu:

And to prove it can happen Nugget had one pint only in the pub later in the day and that was it :shocked:, I'm sure this must mean he was taken over by pod people at some point on the mile route :Yikes:, watch this space!!!

Russ
16-07-2006, 20:42
Bwahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Roffle roffle @ the pics :D

Nugget
16-07-2006, 20:43
Bwahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Roffle roffle @ the pics :D

Oi! Don't knock the hat :disturbd:

TheDaddy
16-07-2006, 20:50
Oi! Don't knock the hat :disturbd:

I don't think he is :)

Nugget
16-07-2006, 21:01
I don't think he is :)

He'd better be ;)

pedantic
16-07-2006, 21:06
I prefer the pic with the hat, you can't see his face. :PP:

Nugget
16-07-2006, 22:13
I prefer the pic with the hat, you can't see his face. :PP:

Well, when I finished, it was just a bright red glow anyway :D

Orior
16-07-2006, 22:47
So who here had the best time? I did 6 minutes 1 second. Which was disappointing as i used to be able to run 6 mile at 5 min 30 sec pace.

Nugget
26-07-2006, 15:33
Hi guys and gals,

Just a quick post to thank everyone who sponsored me - with the exception of 4 quid that I'll be getting tonight, I've now got all of the money collected, and have managed to raise the princely sum of £235 for Sport Relief :)

Not bad for nearly killing myself 'eh :disturbd:

Thanks again :)

Nugget
26-07-2006, 21:11
Additional thank you - I'd forgotten about an additional 14 pounds, so my total's actually £249 :)