PDA

View Full Version : is this a foboff, cs explanation for lack of upgrade

Chrysalis
19-06-2006, 17:10
My sister is still trying to get broadband from ntl, she hates BT so wont get a BT line.

Her area analogue only but no broadband I was told was going to be upgraded early 2006 but for some reason didnt happen.

Her last call to CS she was told the council are refusing to dig up the roads allowing the cables been changed, this to me sounds like a fob off since from what I know ntl arent redoing cabling.

LE3 braunstone area. Stu or someone else in the know feel free to pm me if you dont want info public domain.

Bill C
19-06-2006, 18:14
My sister is still trying to get broadband from ntl, she hates BT so wont get a BT line.

Her area analogue only but no broadband I was told was going to be upgraded early 2006 but for some reason didnt happen.

Her last call to CS she was told the council are refusing to dig up the roads allowing the cables been changed, this to me sounds like a fob off since from what I know ntl arent redoing cabling.

LE3 braunstone area. Stu or someone else in the know feel free to pm me if you dont want info public domain.
That happened in Chester. The Council would not allow any digging without "cough" incentives :Yikes:

So there was no cable installed

Shaun
19-06-2006, 18:39
I was under the impression (from reading here) that LE3 wasn't being done in the near future as it wasn't viable......I may be remembering wrongly though. Braunstone Communtiy Association my abe able to help you with info though I know they have really good links with the council :)

sollp
19-06-2006, 19:34

It's because there scared to go into braunstone.

Are these new houses, as they wouldn't need to dig to replace the cables, i'm assuming it's new house's or newish and haven't had the ducting or the swept tee's placed to each house.

Diadem
19-06-2006, 21:23
no it has analog ntl i s what he mean i think so there are lines but not the ones for the digital signal for BBI

monkey2468
19-06-2006, 21:23

I'm not sure if she is in the same area, but they did start upgrading some parts of Liecester in the same way they are with London, however, if I remember correctly it has been put on hold for various reasons. Cables/fibers do need replacing in some areas (planning permission etc can take a long time to get), but not all. Another reason IMPO was that when the uprgrades were been done, it was causing more problems than it fixed as in outages etc.

Chrysalis
20-06-2006, 13:22
It's because there scared to go into braunstone.

Are these new houses, as they wouldn't need to dig to replace the cables, i'm assuming it's new house's or newish and haven't had the ducting or the swept tee's placed to each house.

no old houses and dont get confused with digital tv. I know that isnt happening.

its an analogue area. Ntl can make analogue areas support broadband but I dont know what they have to do it make it work.

I was told by an ntl engineer it was going to happen early 2006 and they even did another part of an area near to her so her area was next. But a few months later it still hasnt happened and my sister was given that reason.

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

I'm not sure if she is in the same area, but they did start upgrading some parts of Liecester in the same way they are with London, however, if I remember correctly it has been put on hold for various reasons. Cables/fibers do need replacing in some areas (planning permission etc can take a long time to get), but not all. Another reason IMPO was that when the uprgrades were been done, it was causing more problems than it fixed as in outages etc.

interesting thanks, that would make sense.

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

I was under the impression (from reading here) that LE3 wasn't being done in the near future as it wasn't viable......I may be remembering wrongly though. Braunstone Communtiy Association my abe able to help you with info though I know they have really good links with the council :)

i will pass that on thanks.