PDA

View Full Version : New modem without engineer visit?

DieDieMyDarling
19-06-2006, 11:27
Hi,

After a month or so now on the dodgy firmware for the Amibit 120, i can see ntl aren't going to sort the problem out. So the only option i have is to get a new modem.

But, the problem is i can never really plan to have someone here in the house for an engineer call, also made more difficult by the fact that engineers sometimes can't be relied on to come at the right time, etc.

When i first signed up with ntl Broadband, the engineer just installed the cable, left the modem in a box and said if you have any problems phone this number, so is there any way i could get ntl to just send me out a new modem? I know it has to be registered, but surely that's just a matter of installing the drivers and modem, using the new MAC address etc, to link to my account?

Anyone know how i could get them to do this? It's really frustrating me now that i'm getting disconnected so often, sometimes every 50mb downloaded.

Any help greatly appreciated. :)

Chris W
19-06-2006, 11:29
they won't do it.

Fingy
19-06-2006, 12:49
What about trying for an evening appointment... you will have to wait longer to get one but its the smallest time slot there is.

I also think you will find that the fault techs in Belfast are reliable.

As already stated you will need to arrange a call out, once the tech swops out the modem they will need to call in to their despatch and get the mac id changed over on the system.