PDA

View Full Version : .com Poll

downquark1
04-12-2003, 21:15
With NTL's descision about .com expected tomorrow - what do you think the outcome will be?

Florence
04-12-2003, 22:20
I think they will open it with a new team to try and close these forums by attempting to get everyone to use .com

Frank
04-12-2003, 22:41
I really don't think this is necessary. We've already had one thread about dotcom today. You'll all find out soon enough tomorrow.

Chimaera
04-12-2003, 22:46
Erm - 'coming soon' eh?? :rofl:

gary_580
04-12-2003, 23:02
Erm - 'coming soon' eh?? :rofl:

lmao, so so funny

Shaun
04-12-2003, 23:02
With NTL's descision about .com expected tomorrow - what do you think the outcome will be?

Not that bothered now to be honest, I'd never use it again anyway, not after this. :rolleyes:

zovat
05-12-2003, 12:42
I reckon they will leave it until monday - then decide to re-launch with "NTL community" using the old URL to link direct to the community site.

Enterian
05-12-2003, 12:54
Can I vote "Don't Care"?

downquark1
05-12-2003, 13:21
Can I vote "Don't Care"? Don't care - don't vote - I asked what do you think will happen - not what should happen or what your opinion is - if you don't care enough to think you don't have to do anything.

Yes, this is just idol speculation

Enterian
05-12-2003, 13:38
Don't care - don't vote - I asked what do you think will happen - not what should happen or what your opinion is - if you don't care enough to think you don't have to do anything.

Yes, this is just idol speculation
I haven't - and I have more important things to think about thankyou :rolleyes:

Frank
05-12-2003, 14:04
Well we'll be closing this thread shortly as the week will be over soon. It may or may not be back - but like a few people have said in this thread - we don't really care.

asdf
05-12-2003, 14:51
But some peoplpe *do* care? What you mean is that you'd rather clean your hands of the whole thing?

Nemesis
05-12-2003, 14:58
But some peoplpe *do* care? What you mean is that you'd rather clean your hands of the whole thing?
No I don't think so ...... This has been done to death, most of us just Don't Care .....

nuff said ...

asdf
05-12-2003, 15:06
*shrugs* k.

Paul
05-12-2003, 15:31
Well we'll be closing this thread shortly as the week will be over soon. It may or may not be back - but like a few people have said in this thread - we don't really care.
Why will you be closing it ? If people don't care then it will just fade away like all other threads.

Forcefully closing it just smacks of dictatorship - you can talk about anything you like as long as it's not one particular site ?

Mick
05-12-2003, 15:33
Why will you be closing it ? If people don't care then it will just fade away like all other threads.

Forcefully closing it just smacks of dictatorship - you can talk about anything you like as long as it's not one particular site ?

Not being funny pem, but we have had 'plenty' of threads on the .com situation, I do think this is what Keyser is getting at.

Paul
05-12-2003, 15:59
Not being funny pem, but we have had 'plenty' of threads on the .com situation, I do think this is what Keyser is getting at.
That's ok - I don't think you are being "funny".

Yes, there have been lots of threads and they have all faded away (mostly naturally) over the last two weeks due to lack of interest - so why not just let this one die ? - threatening to close threads just antagonises people and gives the knockers loads more ammunition to snipe at the site with.

If the .com site ever comes back I'm sure their will be a shed load of more threads about it, jumping all over them is not going to help or make this site look friendly.

downquark1
05-12-2003, 15:59
I didn't open this thread to take opinions, I opened it to survey what people 'thought' NTL would do, a little measure in what the public thought of NTL and their processes, whether they have faith in them or not.

Granted it is a little pointless. But if you don't care to make a prediction no point posting here.

This forum may not be able .com but it is about NTL's decisions.

Chris
05-12-2003, 16:06
What I think will happen then:

NTL will launch Community, directing the .com URL towards it. At Community, staff administrators will address specific problems, then close the threads they relate to. This will result in dozens of short threads on essentially the same subject, as is the case anywhwere a company runs a 'forum' but attempts to moderate it in this way. The ultimate effect of this will be that there will be no 'community' as such, because there will be no opportunity for one to develop. There will merely be a series of conversations between staff and dissatisfied customers. Basically no different to a phone call, except you will be able to read the contents of the conversation afterwards.

zovat
05-12-2003, 16:12
What I think will happen then:

<snip>
Basically no different to a phone call, except you will be able to read the contents of the conversation afterwards.

sorry - naughty head on - you may be able to - if they don't remove any part of the thread they do not like - and leave only the answer (if anything :naughty: )

like I said - sorry - it's friday afternoon and I'm feeling a little contrary toward NTL :D

Mick
05-12-2003, 16:19
That's ok - I don't think you are being "funny".

Yes, there have been lots of threads and they have all faded away (mostly naturally) over the last two weeks due to lack of interest - so why not just let this one die ? - threatening to close threads just antagonises people and gives the knockers loads more ammunition to snipe at the site with.

If the .com site ever comes back I'm sure their will be a shed load of more threads about it, jumping all over them is not going to help or make this site look friendly.

We are not jumping on threads and making threats to close them, we generally do feel people are fed up about hearing about .com, for instance in the same forum 'General ntl Discussion' we currently have a thread running on .com that was discussed only yesterday.

Chris
05-12-2003, 16:22
We are not jumping on threads and making threats to close them, we generally do feel people are fed up about hearing about .com, for instance in the same forum 'General ntl Discussion' we currently have a thread running on .com that was discussed only yesterday.
Maybe you could pursue an active policy of merging .com threads to keep things tidy? I was keen to be able to discuss the possible future of .com but I personally don't see the need for multiple threads to discuss different aspects of it. A single thread ought to be plenty.

Nemesis
05-12-2003, 16:27
Maybe you could pursue an active policy of merging .com threads to keep things tidy? I was keen to be able to discuss the possible future of .com but I personally don't see the need for multiple threads to discuss different aspects of it. A single thread ought to be plenty.
Speculation is great, but in all honesty, this has been done to death .... we can only wait now. I'm sure they'll do something but lets just see what they are gonna produce .... I still don't see it as a threat to here at all.

Mick
05-12-2003, 16:29

I agree :) , the simple reason I did not merge this thread lastnight was that it had a poll.

Frank
05-12-2003, 16:52
the simple reason I did not merge this thread lastnight was that it had a poll.Exactly the same here.

downquark1
05-12-2003, 17:01
I agree :) , the simple reason I did not merge this thread lastnight was that it had a poll.
And that's the reason I didn't post it in the original thread :dozey:

dieselking
05-12-2003, 17:05
When will we find out whether of not it will reopen?? (i do care because I like both .co & .com)