PDA

View Full Version : AOL and IE/OE

tabatha
28-06-2003, 11:56
:wavey:

Hi..Advice/info much appreciated.
A friend is running Win98se with AOL..For some reason AOL appears to be blocking access to IE/OE..Whenever he tries to connect he get a message"Access Denied..This site is on your Access Denied List"..We can find no such list and all his settting on IE/OE are the same as mine,which seems to point to AOL taking over..Could this be??,and how to get over the prob??.Removing AOL is not an option as he is installing AOL B/B.
He has latest editions of all 3 progs installed[aol/ie/oe].
Step by step help is preferred...its called something for idiots!!!
:shrug: :confused:

should have read...whenever he tries to connect to the internet via IE[ANY wwwsite]orOE[for emails]...he gets a message etc.etc..sorreeeeee!!!

downquark1
28-06-2003, 12:39
Its he logging on with the master username?

Also some broadband adapters can be set to block all non AOL transmissions

patrickp
28-06-2003, 14:22
AOL have had Netscape as their in-house browser for some time, although I don't think they've had any objections to your using IE.

In fact, they have now announced that they're dumping Netscape (which they own) and will be using IE as their included browser in the future.

Scuttlebutt has it that this is the last straw for Netscape.

Have you tried pointing IE at a different site than the MSN default?

tabatha
28-06-2003, 14:50
Hi...Thanks for replies todate...
master u/name...yes
BB not yet installed..AOL dialup
doesn`t matter where he points IE,still denied access
scenario..log on to internet via AOL...
minimise AOL window...
open IE,type in ANY,I mean ANY www,access denied
open OE,click send/rec,access denied
but.......can connect to any www via AOL,and can retrieve email from other isp

paulyoung666
28-06-2003, 16:40
aol is evil horrible software , i once made the mistake of getting it back in the dim dark days of dial up , the only way i could sort it out was to format the pc , horrible horible nasty stuff :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The_real_dj
29-06-2003, 12:14
Erm you haven got any other software like Norton or net nanny have you???.

If not just give aol a ring and they will reset the perantal controls on the accounts!!!

Cheers

DJ

Defiant
29-06-2003, 12:28
Originally posted by patrickp

In fact, they have now announced that they're dumping Netscape (which they own) and will be using IE as their included browser in the future.

Of course thats nothing to do with the $750 million that MIcrosoft have to hand over to AOL lol

patrickp
29-06-2003, 13:45
Originally posted by Defiant
Of course thats nothing to do with the $750 million that MIcrosoft have to hand over to AOL lol

Of course not! Would a nice, altruistic, customer loving, benevolent company like AOL be influenced by money? Perish the thought!

<uncrosses everything that was crossed> Owch! Owch! Ow! Ooooh!