PDA

View Full Version : Annoying things in life

Jerrek
04-12-2003, 20:40
What little things in life annoy you? Not gettting ****es off, or angered, just, annoying...

For me it is someone not following the urinal code of conduct. Ie: Three urinals. It really annoys me if someone decides to take the middle one.

:p

Graham F
04-12-2003, 20:49
When I give people information and then they ignore it, that really winds me up :)

Russ
04-12-2003, 20:51
People who say "uz" instead of "us" :grind:

kronas
04-12-2003, 20:54
when people do not take you seriously because of your age which is irelavant

and disregard your view on things because its from a diffarent perspective to theres

wont stop me from from speaking my mind :afire: :Peace:

iadom
04-12-2003, 20:56
The list is almost endless, but a few are,

Litter louts.
Dog fouling.
Ill mannered children.
Pushy, arrogant drivers.
Reality TV shows.
People who are rude or offensive on forums.;)
etc,etc,etc,

Oh, and, people_who_post_on_forums_like_this. If you know what ( or who ) I mean.:rolleyes:

Chris
04-12-2003, 20:57
When people get a chip on their shoulder because of their age ;) :D :Peace:

Seriously though ... people who deliberately straddle two spaces in a car park so no-one gets close enough to scratch the paint on their fancy Alfa or BMW, or people who accidentally straddle two spaces because they are too lazy or arrogant to park carefully, or people who park in disabled or parent-with-child spaces when they are neither disabled nor accompanied by children ... all in all, I seem to find car parks distressing.

Russ
04-12-2003, 20:59
and disregard your view on things because its from a diffarent perspective to theres

Yes, I've experienced a bit of that recently.... :p :D

kronas
04-12-2003, 21:02
Yes, I've experienced a bit of that recently.... :p :D

now now........mind games ;)

lets not argue we might annoy someone :D

Flubflow
04-12-2003, 21:15
Local councils/councillors/politicians who are so far up each others bottoms or bicker amongst themselves so much that they have not got any time for real people/issues.

SnuggleBug
04-12-2003, 21:37
You know what I find the most annoying Russ D? People who screw you and your family over right under your nose, then feed you a pack of lies....then continue to feed you a pack of lies with absolutely no intention of rectifying the harm caused....while all the while putting on a friendly face and making endless empty promises. and then (!) completely blanking you thinking they've got away with it leaving masses of damage behind.

I suggest you get in touch, i know how you feel about having your personal life out in the open.

Speak soon hunni, bottoms up :beer:

Apologies to anyone else who had to read this

virtual-angel
04-12-2003, 21:45
You know what I find the most annoying Russ D? People who screw you and your family over right under your nose, then feed you a pack of lies....then continue to feed you a pack of lies with absolutely no intention of rectifying the harm caused....while all the while putting on a friendly face and making endless empty promises. and then (!) completely blanking you thinking they've got away with it leaving masses of damage behind.

I suggest you get in touch, i know how you feel about having your personal life out in the open.

ummm okay then :confused:

Ramrod
04-12-2003, 21:48
Patients who don't turn up.
Middle lane owners.
People who park in mother & baby spots when they don't have small children with them. (ditto for disabled parking)
Council planning dept. officials (there is a special place in hell for them)
I could carry on....

Ramrod
04-12-2003, 21:50
<snip>
Wow! Should we all leave quietly now........?

Theodoric
04-12-2003, 22:26
The list is almost endless, but a few are,

Litter louts.
Dog fouling.
Ill mannered children.
Pushy, arrogant drivers.
Reality TV shows.
People who are rude or offensive on forums.;)
etc,etc,etc,

Oh, and, people_who_post_on_forums_like_this. If you know what ( or who ) I mean.:rolleyes:
This dog fouling? Wouldn't the RSPCA have something to say about it? :D

Theodoric
04-12-2003, 22:32
What little things in life annoy you? Not gettting ****es off, or angered, just, annoying...

For me it is someone not following the urinal code of conduct. Ie: Three urinals. It really annoys me if someone decides to take the middle one.

Not necessarily. :)

1) The 2 outer ones may be in use. Forcing your way into one of these is asking for a bunch of fives.

2) I don't know about Canadian ones, but British toilets often have a low-placed urinal at one end for the use of children, so the prospective urinator has only a practical choice of 2 urinals.

3) Again, possibly a British habit, but some people seem to regard urinals as alternative ash trays. I prefer not to be staring at a mess of disintegrating dog ends.

4) The quality of the graffiti. Those above the middle urinal could well be of a superior quality.

philip.j.fry
04-12-2003, 22:36
Not necessarily. :)
4) The quality of the graffiti. Those above the middle urinal could well be of a superior quality.

The most well thought out piece of urinal grafetti I saw recently was quite simply the text 'your life is in your hands' :LOL:

Jerrek
04-12-2003, 23:11
1) The 2 outer ones may be in use. Forcing your way into one of these is asking for a bunch of fives.
Thats fine. Take the middle. The rules state it should be the outer one first, then the other outer one, then the middle (or toilet if you're shy).

2) I don't know about Canadian ones, but British toilets often have a low-placed urinal at one end for the use of children, so the prospective urinator has only a practical choice of 2 urinals.
Not here.

3) Again, possibly a British habit, but some people seem to regard urinals as alternative ash trays. I prefer not to be staring at a mess of disintegrating dog ends.
Never seen that here either.

I thought I was the only one that walked around reading the graffiti... :D

Xaccers
04-12-2003, 23:17
People who say "uz" instead of "us" :grind:

People who say "axe" instead of "ask"

Tiptoes
04-12-2003, 23:17

Is that a Christian ethic on parenting then?

Russ
04-12-2003, 23:21
Is that a Christian ethic on parenting then?

No it's just someone else who has a personal issue with me.

greencreeper
04-12-2003, 23:24
Thats fine. Take the middle. The rules state it should be the outer one first, then the other outer one, then the middle (or toilet if you're shy).

Not necessarily shy - I avoid urinals because of the cottagers. I.e. men who stand there for purposes other than urination :naughty: World is full of weirdos and I seem to attract them - it's the caring, open face I think :)

The Council (i.e. the Local Authority) annoys me no end - dire customer service that, dare I say it, rivals NTL; jaw dropping incompetency; and wide spread corruption.

Tricky
04-12-2003, 23:24
Coming home and really wanting a beer to find none in the fridge, having to wait whilst one sits in the freezer
:beer:

Flubflow
04-12-2003, 23:29

are those the same people who do the arthritic pointing jestures and say "yo" all the time?

Ramrod
04-12-2003, 23:31
Coming home and really wanting a beer to find none in the fridge, having to wait whilst one sits in the freezer
:beer:Get one of those wine chilling 'sleeves'. I find that putting a beer into one of those and then into the freezer for about 10 mins does the job :D

Ramrod
04-12-2003, 23:32
arthritic pointing jestures
rotfpmsl

Flubflow
04-12-2003, 23:33

You could of course go into the No2 cubicle for a pee but the downside of that is that the person(s) at the urinals might think you are doing that because you have a small willy. :D

Ramrod
04-12-2003, 23:33
]The Council (i.e. the Local Authority) annoys me no end - dire customer service that, dare I say it, rivals NTL; jaw dropping incompetency; and wide spread corruption.Don't get me started :afire:

Frank
04-12-2003, 23:48
people who park in disabled or parent-with-child spaces when they are neither disabled nor accompanied by childrenI actually confront these people now in car parks with the words "Oi, move ya ****in car"

Flubflow
04-12-2003, 23:59
Your girlfriend invites a few of her friends from work and their boyfriends out for a drink with you. All the girls go to the toilet together and the guys (who have never met before) are left sat there for ages trying to make conversation like, "did ya see the match last night?".

Paul
05-12-2003, 00:01
People who use txt spk in forums :mad:

Ramrod
05-12-2003, 00:05
I actually confront these people now in car parks with the words "Oi, move ya ****in car"I used to as well. Hardly anyone admitted they were in the wrong. Most gave me abuse as if it was my fault that they were a**holes! :afire:

Flubflow
05-12-2003, 00:08
Alan Davies
(the fish-tounged, curly perm-esque, whiny voiced, unfunny pratt).

greencreeper
05-12-2003, 00:11
Your girlfriend invites a few of her friends from work and their boyfriends out for a drink with you. All the girls go to the toilet together and the guys (who have never met before) are left sat there for ages trying to make conversation like, "did ya see the match last night?".

I always thought it was a myth about women always going to the toilet but I took my mate's girlfriend out (no not like that) and she seemed to spend more time in the loo than anywhere else. They bond in there, that much I know - dunno why :confused:

Chris
05-12-2003, 00:12

Why apologize? It's clearly personal stuff, better not to have sprayed it all over the public forum in the first place, surely?

Shaun
05-12-2003, 00:12
No it's just someone else who has a personal issue with me.

They mount up don't they ;)

greencreeper
05-12-2003, 00:16
Don't get me started :afire:

Oh I know. I'm applying for rehousing because of anti-social behaviour problems. The Housing Advice Centre on Eastgate in Leeds is just shocking - makes the DSS look clean. Jammed to the rafters with asylum seekers. Don't have a problem with them but their English isn't too good (understandable) and they often have complex problems to sort out - the rest of us have to wait. Should setup a seperate place for them, staffed with more experienced people who can speak the main Asian, African and European languages. I have to go back tomorrow but I've been warned that the queue will stretch right round onto Briggate (few hundred yards). Will have to get there at least an hour early. Unbelievable. Government needs to seriously rethink most of its social policy.

kronas
05-12-2003, 00:19

you do know due to the way some peoples speech is 'shaped' they cannot help saying that...........

Bifta
05-12-2003, 00:48
people who say "me" instead of "my" and gratuitous overuse of emoticons REALLY get's on my wick.

Flubflow
05-12-2003, 00:55
people who say "me" instead of "my" and gratuitous overuse of emoticons REALLY get's on my wick.

I'll get me coat :walk: :erm: :D :LOL: :banghead: :naughty:

Flubflow
05-12-2003, 00:57
I always thought it was a myth about women always going to the toilet but I took my mate's girlfriend out (no not like that) and she seemed to spend more time in the loo than anywhere else. They bond in there, that much I know - dunno why :confused:

They are talking about us in there.

Stuart
05-12-2003, 01:40
Ohh, where to start?

When a train is late/cancelled, and we (the long suffering passengers) are told NOTHING. Why not tell us why? When a train is late/cancelled, and we are told it is because it was late on it's previous journey. That's not a real reason. Tell us the real reason! I work in technical support. It really irritates me when a user asks me a question, listens to my answer then tells me I am wrong. I feel like saying "If you KNOW the answer, why ask ME?" On a related note. I hate it when said user listens to my advice, doesn't follow it and then complains when everything goes wrong. People that make lists with points.... :erm: Doh!

Jerrek
05-12-2003, 03:22
I've been on trains all of two times in my life. Heh.

iadom
05-12-2003, 10:56
This dog fouling? Wouldn't the RSPCA have something to say about it? :D
I just thought it was so much nicer than putting Dog s***!:blush:

Scarlett
05-12-2003, 11:33
Lets see PEOPLE WHO INSIST ON TYPING LIKE THIS.

People who seem to be deliberatly parking in our allocated space (we've politely told him twice that it ours (Its in the deeds!) and he still parks there)

The council that can fail repeatedly to sort out your DD for the council tax and still take you to court for non payment.

Drivers who drive right up behind you in the fast lane of the dual carrage way when you are doing the legal limit and flash there lights cos they want to get past.

Anyone in a BMW. (except the nice Gent who I saw over the weekend who was driving at a sensible speed and with due care and attention)

must calm down...

Russ
05-12-2003, 18:12
(except the nice Gent who I saw over the weekend who was driving at a sensible speed and with due care and attention)

Must have been his mates' car then :p

Flubflow
06-12-2003, 02:47
Jamie Oliver.
I suppose that goes without saying though.

kronas
06-12-2003, 02:51
Jamie Oliver.
I suppose that goes without saying though.

the naked chief :erm: :rofl: :eek: :disturbd:

Nor
06-12-2003, 03:01
I quite like Jamie Oliver.

Things I hate I guess are..

people who are unreasonable. Covers a multitude of things really.

Flubflow
06-12-2003, 03:36
I quite like Jamie Oliver.

Things I hate I guess are..

people who are unreasonable. Covers a multitude of things really.

You actually like him?
Apart from anything else, have you seen the way he speaks to his wife? That's on camera so gawd knows what he's like behind closed doors.
Annulus young pup.
If I was her I'd divorce that little mockney-cockney sh*t and take half. Maybe she just likes the brat type and enjoys mothering him.

Nor
06-12-2003, 03:44
Can't say I've ever seen him treat his wife badly. Which TV show showed that ?

Flubflow
06-12-2003, 04:19
Can't say I've ever seen him treat his wife badly. Which TV show showed that ?

Jamie's Kitchen. He was in a taxi and was giving his pregnant wife a load of me,me,me,me, self-centred clap trap and totally not listening to her argument. If I was her I would have found it hard not to bitch-slap Jamie Scooterboy upside his fat head right in front of the camera.

Nor
06-12-2003, 04:42
You from the bronx by any chance ? :)

bitch slap eh ? I watched that show myself and can't say I took from it what you did. I guess its easy though for 2 folk to take different things from 1 incident.

greencreeper
06-12-2003, 08:24
You ask for mayo and the burger shufflers ignore you so you mow down the manager - perfectly reasonable response that showed considerable restraint.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3295965.stm

:disturbd:

Dave Stones
06-12-2003, 11:28
You ask for mayo and the burger shufflers ignore you so you mow down the manager - perfectly reasonable response that showed considerable restraint.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3295965.stm

:disturbd:

on a related note... ordering a custom burger (any custom thing) and having to wait about 20 minutes while the snotheads out back get round to ordering it

also... those irritating toilet attendants that try to get you to wash your hands. when you are out on the **** and need the toilet, you dont want to have to fork out a quid to some guy just for him putting soap in your hands

also... old drivers who seem to think the speed limit is the same as when they had red flag men walking in front of the car

also... women drivers (most of the time its women anwyay :) who botch up a parallel park, try to do it again about 5 times and end up alsmot running poor dave over when he is *on the pavement*

also... people who let their dogs **** on the pavement in autumn when the leaves are all over the pavement so you cant actually see the stuff to avoid it

*has a chip on his shoulder about life

Chimaera
06-12-2003, 13:02
also... women drivers (most of the time its women anwyay :) who botch up a parallel park, try to do it again about 5 times and end up alsmot running poor dave over when he is *on the pavement*

*has a chip on his shoulder about life
Erm - how about men who complain about women drivers?? :nono: :rolleyes: :Peaceman: :Peace:

Dave Stones
06-12-2003, 13:55
Erm - how about men who complain about women drivers?? :nono: :rolleyes: :Peaceman: :Peace:

i dont have a problem with them personally ;)

the statement is a general one, just in my experience it happens to be women who do it more so than men...

Nor
06-12-2003, 14:55
People who use leet speak.

Like someone annoucing something such as their birthday by saying "i r 20". Drives me nuts.

Xaccers
06-12-2003, 15:19
you do know due to the way some peoples speech is 'shaped' they cannot help saying that...........

So they say things like "I'm off fishing, now where's my flaxe of coffee?"
Or if they're managers "Right team, your taxe this quater is to..."

Maybe gordon brown has this problem, and he's actually saying "We're going to raise goverment tasks" but it comes out as "we're going to raise goverment taxes"

:rofl:

Drivers who drive right up behind you in the fast lane of the dual carrage way when you are doing the legal limit and flash there lights cos they want to get past.

People who do 40 along single carrige ways when it's the national speed limit, then keep doing 40 or even speed up when they go through a 30limit village returning to 40 when they get to the national speed limit the other side.

People who do 60 on a single lane duel carrige way. For goodness sake why do people think the duel in duel carrigway means 2 lanes and not 2 carrigways?

Or slow right down to something like 30 when you can't safely overtake, but speed up when you could. (corsicans have the right [tho dangerous, and completely stupid so don't do it] idea, they just close their eyes and overtake. ever noticed that you only seem to pass cars coming the other way at the straight bits of country lanes?)

downquark1
06-12-2003, 15:28
People who use leet speak.

Like someone annoucing something such as their birthday by saying "i r 20". Drives me nuts.
1 h4t3 th0s3 h4x0rs t00

Nor
06-12-2003, 15:32
With regards to that ask and axe thing. Most pronounced time I've heard that was listening to Wonderful Tonight covered by some american group. I think they are quite famous but it drove me mad when he sings "and she axe me how do I feel" grrrr

Personally I think its just laziness why people pronounce axe instead of ask.

philip.j.fry
06-12-2003, 15:53
People in neighbouring flats who set their radio alarm clocks extremely loud, then go out to work leaving it on so that it doesn't shut itself off for an hour. I really wanted a lie in this morning :(

Dude111
19-11-2020, 04:10
What little things in life annoy you?Im glad I searched before posting.. I was looking for an existing thread on this!!

Im very annoyed right now.... I cant find one of my records and I KNOW I DIDNT GET RID OF IT!!

I have searched thru my records and its not there!! (uugghh) -- Why would I get rid of something I like??

I just went thru 6 bins again CLOSER tonight and it wasnt in those 6,I still have 4 more stacks....

The record im looking for is by THE YOUNGBLOODS .. Its thier 1971 album "Good and dusty" -- Quite a good one!!!!!

TheDaddy
19-11-2020, 08:44
Shops with loads off staff stacking shelves when there's a queue at the till and only one person serving

People talking through a tv show and then asking what's going on

Bad parking, overlapping another bay in particular

Putting a near empty bottle or carton of something back in the fridge instead of chucking it away

People chewing with their mouth open

People spitting in the street

People inflicting their manky toes on the rest of us wearing sandles or flip flops

And people that moan at others for resurrecting old threads, I for one like to be reminded of absent friends and characters like the guy that started this one :spin:

Hugh
19-11-2020, 09:31
Im glad I searched before posting.. I was looking for an existing thread on this!!

Im very annoyed right now.... I cant find one of my records and I KNOW I DIDNT GET RID OF IT!!

I have searched thru my records and its not there!! (uugghh) -- Why would I get rid of something I like??

I just went thru 6 bins again CLOSER tonight and it wasnt in those 6,I still have 4 more stacks....

The record im looking for is by THE YOUNGBLOODS .. Its thier 1971 album "Good and dusty" -- Quite a good one!!!!!Is this a record "bump" - just under 17 years...

Chris
19-11-2020, 09:48
Ah, I remember Jerrek and his gun collection :D

I’m going to hazard a guess he didn’t like the election result :rofl:

denphone
19-11-2020, 10:00
l never knew this thread existed as it was before my time but its certainly a interesting read.:D

papa smurf
19-11-2020, 10:19
Rigged elections.

TheDaddy
19-11-2020, 11:15
Ah, I remember Jerrek and his gun collection :D

I’m going to hazard a guess he didn’t like the election result :rofl:

Guns and incest iirc, what could go wrong with that combo

Tinky
19-11-2020, 11:31
Folk that leave the last piece of paper balanced precariously on the cardboard roll, rather than change the toilet roll.:D

Pst...... guess who does that? ;)

TheDaddy
19-11-2020, 11:59
Folk that leave the last piece of paper balanced precariously on the cardboard roll, rather than change the toilet roll.:D

Pst...... guess who does that? ;)

Is it you :)

Another of mine is people who say what instead of pardon

Hugh
19-11-2020, 12:34
Rigged elections.People who say "rigged elections" without any supporting evidence...

peanut
19-11-2020, 12:48
GP receptionists.

Hom3r
19-11-2020, 12:55
The things that annoy me in no particular order

1. People who drive in lane two on an empty motorway, then in to lane 3 when you try and overtake.
2. People who walk outside a shop and stop dead to light a cigarette and its your fault for hitting them with a mobility scooter.
3. people who talk on mobile phone over speaker so loud you can here them louder than the person you are with.
4. People who are glued to a phone and walking in a supermarket and not looking when they walk in front of you.
5. Cyclists who ignore road markings
6. Cyclists who ride in the road when there is an empty cycle lane on the pavement.
7. Cyclists who wear black at night an no lights.
8. People who over use the word "Emergency" as in "Climate Emergency"
9. People who think Coronavirus is fake.
10. People who call me a sheep, and bully for saying "No mask no entry no exceptions", to anti-makers.
11. People who say I should stay at home and that they should be allowed to walk mask free infecting people.

There's probably a few more, bu I'll add whn I think of them

ThunderPants73
25-11-2020, 00:16
People who wear masks under their noses.

GrimUpNorth
25-11-2020, 09:52
People who start a thread then refuse to let it die.

denphone
25-11-2020, 10:37
People who wear masks under their noses.

Plenty of them l have noticed.

daveeb
25-11-2020, 14:37
The things that annoy me in no particular order

1. People who drive in lane two on an empty motorway, then in to lane 3 when you try and overtake.
2. People who walk outside a shop and stop dead to light a cigarette and its your fault for hitting them with a mobility scooter.
3. people who talk on mobile phone over speaker so loud you can here them louder than the person you are with.
4. People who are glued to a phone and walking in a supermarket and not looking when they walk in front of you.
5. Cyclists who ignore road markings
6. Cyclists who ride in the road when there is an empty cycle lane on the pavement.
7. Cyclists who wear black at night an no lights.
8. People who over use the word "Emergency" as in "Climate Emergency"
9. People who think Coronavirus is fake.
10. People who call me a sheep, and bully for saying "No mask no entry no exceptions", to anti-makers.
11. People who say I should stay at home and that they should be allowed to walk mask free infecting people.

There's probably a few more, bu I'll add whn I think of them
What would you call it, a climate "minor inconvenience" perhaps :erm:

Maggy
25-11-2020, 16:30
Anyway don't we have the Moans and Pet Hates thread?

Hom3r
25-11-2020, 16:37
What would you call it, a climate "minor inconvenience" perhaps :erm:

There is no such beast.

The earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old, if you put the evolution of the planet into a 24 hour clock, man appears in the fraction of a second before the 24 hours are up.

Also the planet has had about 5 ice ages (IIRC) and we are in the final throws of the last one, hence temps are going to rise.

Plus all those idiots who protest outside parliament can only truly have a claim if they have no car at all and use no gas or electricity.

As in their words there are killing the planet.

pip08456
25-11-2020, 17:18
The planet is perfectly capable of looking after itself. The human race on the other hand...

Paul
25-11-2020, 17:35
Anyway don't we have the Moans and Pet Hates thread?
This thread is actually older than the first Moans and Pet Hates.

daveeb
25-11-2020, 18:41
There is no such beast.

The earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old, if you put the evolution of the planet into a 24 hour clock, man appears in the fraction of a second before the 24 hours are up.

Also the planet has had about 5 ice ages (IIRC) and we are in the final throws of the last one, hence temps are going to rise.

Plus all those idiots who protest outside parliament can only truly have a claim if they have no car at all and use no gas or electricity.

As in their words there are killing the planet.

To use your analogy we've put the clock in to extreme fast forward over the past 100 years and the seconds are whizzing past. We've pumped millions of tons of warming accelerants into the atmosphere that wouldn't ever be there in the normal order of things even taking into account natural disasters.

Tinky
25-11-2020, 19:34
People who say 'eh?' every time you speak to them, when you know fine they heard you in the first place. :rolleyes:

Russ
25-11-2020, 20:36
People.

TheDaddy
26-11-2020, 11:45
People.

and more specifically everything they say and everything they do

Hom3r
26-11-2020, 12:33
people who say 'eh?' every time you speak to them, when you know fine they heard you in the first place. :rolleyes:

eh?

:D

Russ
26-11-2020, 12:42
People who say 'eh?' every time you speak to them, when you know fine they heard you in the first place. :rolleyes:

I used to work with guy who did that and because of his Scottish accent it sounded more like a squeak noise. Each time he did it I’d tell him I used to have a gerbil that sounded like that.

He soon stopped doing it :)

Carth
26-11-2020, 12:46

Simply repeat yourself, but raise your voice and speak slowly.
Everyone in the vicinity then thinks you're talking to an eedjit :D

Paul
26-11-2020, 16:35
This is unfair.

I'm deeply "offended" by this obvious "bullying" of myself and others who are often paying no attention to what someone is saying, and thus go "eh" ......

;)

Damien
26-11-2020, 20:38
People that can't be concise when making a point. I remember this one time about 10 years ago, at least I think it was 10 years or ago because the iPhone had only just come out and I remember walking along Regent Street seeing the large queues outside the Apple Store. In those days they didn't have the ability to pre-reserve the order before it was released but now you just get a timeslot to pick up the phone you've ordered.

Anyway, 10 years ago I was talking to this guy in a pub who was a friend of a friend I was drinking with, I don't actually know how they were friends or anything, and he was telling us a story but he would keep going off on these tangents about the time he went to Dublin for a stag party but he did so on Easter Weekend! Now Ireland is a very catholic country so can't get a drink on Good Friday and they apparently were walking all over Dublin trying to find a place that was open. Crazy. Anyway, he kept going on about that rather than getting to the point of his story and I can't even remember what the point was, something to do with a Panda and a Minivan he had....

Maggy
26-11-2020, 21:19

You want to try living with a man who starts to tell you something and then fails to finish halfway through leaving you to have to demand the rest of the statement/announcement. Really really tedious.

Tinky
27-11-2020, 07:58
You want to try living with a man who starts to tell you something and then fails to finish halfway through leaving you to have to demand the rest of the statement/announcement. Really really tedious.

We must be talking about the same man Maggy lol!

heero_yuy
27-11-2020, 10:31
People ( Mainly young women ) Who end their sentences with an uptone internation converting statements into questions. You watch too many Australian soaps.

It's worst in so called professionals as you invalidate anything you say. :rolleyes:

Taf
27-11-2020, 10:50
Instructions from the local hospital, the largest in Wales, "Due to covid, do not arrive earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment time".

Then they wonder why a queue forms as people wait to be checked for fever, etc., at the front door, and thus arrive late for their appointment.

That is after drivers have to do several circuits of the site looking for a parking slot.

No problem though, as a lot of the staff were still circling the site looking for a parking slot, and that included the consultant and reception staff.

joglynne
27-11-2020, 12:37
Instructions from the local hospital, the largest in Wales, "Due to covid, do not arrive earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment time".

Then they wonder why a queue forms as people wait to be checked for fever, etc., at the front door, and thus arrive late for their appointment.

That is after drivers have to do several circuits of the site looking for a parking slot.

No problem though, as a lot of the staff were still circling the site looking for a parking slot, and that included the consultant and reception staff.

When John and I arrive at our hospital we have to phone the Dept we are visiting and then a member of the security team come out and take our temperature and collect the questionaire we have to fill in everytime we visit. As long as all is OK we are then allowed into the hospital. Seems to work a lot better than a couple of months ago when we had to do the same as you. I guess we are lucky because the hospital is in several buildings and each building has its own entrance/carpark.