PDA

View Full Version : SACM Swap-Out Question

snifferg
14-06-2006, 18:05
I noticed this morning that my SACM was rebooting itself every 2 mins. Rung Tech Support tonight after work (got thu instantly - unbelieveable!) and he conducted tests and diagnosed SACM as faulty and subsequently booked an engineer for tomorrow to swap it out.

It's a bit strange as I am sure the homepage of the CM looks different to the last time I looked at it - different colours and an NTL logo that I'm sure was not there before. The firmware and speed settings all look the same though, I'm on 1MB service so not expecting any upgrades.

What I want to know is presumably the new CM will need its MAC address re-registering for me to use it ?- when this happened 2 years ago the engineer told me it should happen automatically but after 24hrs I ended up phoning NTL to get them to do it over the phone there and then.

Is this likely to happen again and do I just phone the normal BB support line (0871 225 11 11) to sort it ?

Cheers in advance

marky
14-06-2006, 18:44
Yes it will have to be registered, make the engineer a brew when he gets there and ask if he will sort it ;)