PDA

View Full Version : job interview with bbc news interactive. - help plz

heyyo
14-06-2006, 11:04
there is gonna be a 30 minute assessment followed by an interview...I think i have a good understanding of new media and how news works within the system, but i was hoping i could get some advice/opinions - on 1)what is the future of news in new media? how would it work? what issues are important?]

what is the future of digital television and news?

My main fear is not remembering specific terminology.

i hope you can help thanx

"News Interactive is responsible for all web and text based services and interactive TV news. Its growth is a result of new technologies which are changing the way that people can receive news content. News Interactiveââ ¡Ã‚¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s role is to respond to these changes and make BBC News content available to people wherever and whenever they want it."

and my accountablities are

"After appropriate training, to be able to capture and gather, process and publish and or broadcast audio and video material across all appropriate platforms, including narrowband, broadband and interactive television. "

smiffer
14-06-2006, 11:08
would love to help you get the new job but unfortunatly i know less than probably anyone on your subject. good luck anywayz!!!:tu:

pop80_uk
14-06-2006, 16:22
What specifically do you want to know?
Great job though! Hope you get it! Mega Bucks !!:D

heyyo
14-06-2006, 18:12
just something about how new media is working to delivery news, and the future of new media in bbc, how can it delivery/make it more accessible or is currently making it accessible, if i had some striking examples it would give me a good advantage...

cheers

Macca371
14-06-2006, 18:32
I think the best place for you to ask this is Digital Spy (http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk), I don't know if you're a member or not, but there are whole forums on there dedicated to this very subject.

nffc
14-06-2006, 23:26
Digital Spy (http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk)
:sick: **** **** ******* *** ****** **** **** hell hole

andygrif
15-06-2006, 09:25
there is gonna be a 30 minute assessment followed by an interview...I think i have a good understanding of new media and how news works within the system, but i was hoping i could get some advice/opinions - on 1)what is the future of news in new media? how would it work? what issues are important?]

The thing about BBC interviews is that they are so criteria based, so they have spent a huge amount of time and money devising processes that will suss you out without having to worry about your nerves.

I've been through a BBC panel interview, which is more than a little daunting, but as long as you can think on your feet, you'll be fine. Tied with the excellent assessment you'll be handing in it's good.

Pat yourself on the back for getting to interview stage - thousands of people are likely to have applied for that job, and you're probably down to the last 10 or so most suitable candidates.

Mega Bucks !!:D

Highly unlikely.