PDA

View Full Version : Sudden problems...

nick84
13-06-2006, 18:36
Hi there all, new to these forums so go easy on me :p:

Basically over the last week or so ive been having problems with my Internet connection (2mb NTL via cable modem), ive changed nothing, its just happened suddenly.

To give you a rough image of my setup here, I have my cable modem hooked up to a Linksys wireless router with a PC in the location wired to the router, and my main PC upstairs connected via wireless. May I point out here, that the PC connected via wire to the router is fine, perfect in fact, no connection problems at all.

My problem is with my main PC upstairs, its connected via wireless but I have trouble accessing certain sites on the net, some sites like this one, work perfectly but others take an age to load or simply dont load at all. My wireless signal is great, it never drops, I download at 240k/sec constantly, and I can play all my online games fine with the same latency as my wired PC. I just seem to have a problem with about 50% of websites I want to view. This must be an internal problem as my PC downstairs isnt affected so it cant be the connection itself.

So far ive run a full virus check, full spyware check, installed the latest firmware for my router as well as rebooting all the equipment etc. I could format my hard disk, but would rather not.

Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

MovedGoalPosts
13-06-2006, 18:50
Please do not post duplicate threads. This one closed. Continue the discussion here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=48634)